Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 28251 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2023, 06:34:54 pm »

Web, would suggest you take a deep clean look into yourself and ask: i this really how I want to die? Pushing a policy lycnh.
Isn't it how you want to die? You started the wagon!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2023, 06:44:33 pm »

Am I a jester. I wouldn't have minded dying overnight if we got info on who pushed the hammers. And it sorta happened.

I'd rather live and throw a wrench in the works, but that's the rub. The main argument that could be made is that I'm playing like an SK. (Or Jester or Cultists or insert Third Party goo here.) An argument cannot be made that I'm mafia without dipping heavily into WIFOM territory. Webadict should really know that, yet calls me mafia? Under whose directive did I throw myself under the bus with absolutely no warning without talking to my teammate?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2023, 06:46:36 pm »

Web, would suggest you take a deep clean look into yourself and ask: i this really how I want to die? Pushing a policy lycnh.
    webadict
    FallacyofUrist
    ToonyMan
    notquitethere
    Maximum Spin
    Knightwing64
    Vector
    Jim Groovester
    hector13
    TricMagic
    EuchreJack

Of these, I've grouped them into categories.  For simplicity, I'll remove myself, but you'll have to accept that I'm obviously a Human.  A rather Kooky one, but Human nonetheless.

EuchreJack is 100%(!) Human.  I don't really see any reason to believe otherwise, given his claim.  He's also extremely concerned about his life, to the point where he privately asked me for items when I claimed to him.  There is no reason not to pocket him in this game.  He's not really aware of the strength of an Enchanter, and he spewed Town easily.

Surprisingly, Jim Groovester is 80% Human, if you can believe such a statement.  I'd actually put him higher, but I usually scum read him, and he hasn't posted more, yet.  However, I actually don't see him with the same type of play as last game.  Am I wrong?  No idea.

Maximum Spin is 85% Human.  I don't really feel the need to defend this one, because it doesn't really matter.

FallacyofUrist is probably not scum.  I'm not sure why I feel like that, but I don't see it as likely.  Maybe like 60% Human.

I don't really see you being a Dopp here hector13, because you think I'm voting TricMagic as a policylynch as opposed to something entirely different.  I like that, it makes it easier to read you.  I think if you were scum, you wouldn't have jumped on the wagon in the first place if you intended to go after people on the wagon.  Just a gut feeling.

ToonyMan is suspect, but I'm not sure he's scum yet.  Looking at his scumreads, they don't seem too far off for what I'd expect out of Town Toony.  He was right to pocket EuchreJack, but I believe his read of Knightwing is too early to tell.  I actually only suspect him out of necessity.  Voting him is entirely out of the question, if only because he acts as a great person to throw ideas off of, scum or Town.  However, because it's Toony, I'll assume that my read on Knightwing might be wrong.

notquitethere is not a Dopp.  Or maybe he is, but he's not, so it doesn't really matter.  Why?  I dunno, I can't really read him.  Just gives me some Jade Court feelings, where I suspect him a bit, but I think that's just the healthy amount of suspicion and not really substantiated.

Knightwing... I don't like Knightwing here, but I think they don't realize what they're doing wrong IS wrong, plus I'm just using ToonyMan as a reason for them to be Town.  Regardless, I can be sure that Maximum Spin and Knightwing are not w/w, but that doesn't really matter, given that I don't see Max as a wolf.

Vector is actually a possible vote here.  Which is sad, but given how every game goes with them, I'm not on their team, which means they're scum.  Oooookay, technically I think that Vector has a tendency to reveal themselves as scum around Day 2 accidentally, but I definitely see them being scum here as a probable.  Maybe like 70% Dopp.

Aaaaand TricMagic.  I definitely think that TricMagic is likely to be scum.  I do not trust him because he seems too calm in this instance.  Also, he knows too much.  I feel like he would normally be going after ToonyMan or someone else if he was Human, especially given his tendency to OMGUS.

Anyway, that's my reasoning.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2023, 06:48:10 pm »

TricMagic go read the victory conditions of the roles in the OP and then come back and review your last statement.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2023, 06:57:00 pm »

MOD, will the day akshully end once all votes are cast?

Kind of tempted to end the day early because I don't like what I'm reading from TricMagic here but I should give the game a more thorough look before deciding on something like that. Not done with work yet afterall.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2023, 07:01:40 pm »

Okay, back from work.

I think I don't like webadict's playstyle necessarily, but this does feel like the town version of him. The casual assertions of unfathomable knowledge, a good helping of meta reads, and sharp, mean humor.

Knightwing64 looks too confused to be scum. Though he does need to engage with the game more. I bet he has a really cool role.

Tric honestly feels a little off? Or maybe he's just engaging more with the game as he grows into a better player.

Vector hasn't been doing anything, Toonyman feels like he's doing nothing. Toonyman did argue against claims, and I don't necessarily agree with that - though the massclaim meta is a little painful at times. I think we should claim information and roles if it's useful to do so, but not for no reason. Maximum Spin is somewhere in between these two peeps.

EuchreJack... town? It's the way he's acting, and I get that that's vague as all fuck, but there's no shiftiness. I think it's in character for him to immediately claim a voting role, even if it is a LYLO breaker.

I think Jim Groovester is rolling like a rolling stone. Slow at first, but building up momentum.

That leaves not quite there, who I'm going to fold into the same category as vector and Toony and Spin.

hector is terrifying me for some reason. I don't know why. Vibe check says 'RUNNNNNN' even if he's smiling and being his usual towny self. That's a serial killer right there, I'm telling you.

I don't think I'm honestly okay with a Tric execution Day 1, even if there is something off. Executing Tric is the easy way out, a free execution for any scum that can use his 'weirdness' as an excuse to push him.

I'm scared enough of hector13. Maybe I'll reread and see if I can back up my gut.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2023, 07:02:31 pm »

TricMagic go read the victory conditions of the roles in the OP and then come back and review your last statement.

Meph, why doesn't my role give me an alignment?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2023, 07:03:30 pm »

As an fyi, I don’t think you’re voting Tric for policy, it’s just how the wagon started.

I understand why you’re voting Tric (self-voting and zero inclination to actually do anything constructive, tied with not indulging in his usual unusual behaviour) I just don’t understand why you’re voting him at this point in the game.

If he’s scum he’s got two teammates (unless there’re three rogue ones which would be a bit weird) and my expectation (unfairly, really) is for you to drive the game forward. Burden of proficiency and all that.

I’m not discounting that this is being done via PMs, but I also can’t take that into account ’cause I can’t see it, but you’ve always had a propensity to kind of go off on your own to solve the game. *shrug*

PPE: I think Tric just accidentally cleared hisself…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2023, 07:05:16 pm »

Actually talking about his feelings.
Good point, I think that actually is Max's scumtell. He's far more diplomatic as scum.

I'm also reminded of the following TricMagic equation:
Rational Tric posts = scum Tric

Let's try voting Vector.
My rational is that Tric IS voting Vector, but Vector is NOT voting Tric. I can only see that happening if Vector & Tric are scum buddies.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2023, 07:09:14 pm »

Disagree! Mine clearly states my alignment, so the clarity of the flavor might just vary.

So far only one person PMed me and didn't even respond to my reply. :(

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2023, 07:10:34 pm »

Unvote For the early end of day threat.

Disagree! Mine clearly states my alignment, so the clarity of the flavor might just vary.

So far only one person PMed me and didn't even respond to my reply. :(
Does your role say Town anywhere Spin? Cause if NQT is right in order to win I need to protect someone, not kill all the dopps.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2023, 07:12:12 pm »

Does your role say Town anywhere Spin? Cause if NQT is right in order to win I need to protect someone, not kill all the dopps.
It doesn't say "town", no, it says that I need to fight doppelgängers. But I'm pretty sure you misunderstood! "Goal" isn't the same as the victory condition; it's a certain kind of role inspection result.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2023, 07:12:42 pm »

hector is terrifying me for some reason. I don't know why. Vibe check says 'RUNNNNNN' even if he's smiling and being his usual towny self. That's a serial killer right there, I'm telling you.

I'm scared enough of hector13. Maybe I'll reread and see if I can back up my gut.

rahw, I’m a scawy tigew.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2023, 07:13:51 pm »

As an fyi, I don’t think you’re voting Tric for policy, it’s just how the wagon started.

I understand why you’re voting Tric (self-voting and zero inclination to actually do anything constructive, tied with not indulging in his usual unusual behaviour) I just don’t understand why you’re voting him at this point in the game.

If he’s scum he’s got two teammates (unless there’re three rogue ones which would be a bit weird) and my expectation (unfairly, really) is for you to drive the game forward. Burden of proficiency and all that.

I’m not discounting that this is being done via PMs, but I also can’t take that into account ’cause I can’t see it, but you’ve always had a propensity to kind of go off on your own to solve the game. *shrug*

Web was pretty quick to disclose our super secret PMs for everyone to see. He didn't even ask me first! People didn't have to interpret my blatant power grab as Town behavior.

Also: Tric might have townslipped, as you said.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2023, 07:16:41 pm »

Town then.

Not entirely sure how that clears me. I just don't have much reason to hide things. Not like I'm a knight this go around. (I do remember the werehouse.)

Ninja jack. I got no reason but to try and stop the kill, if you're a vig go ahead and PM me. 50/50 shot that I block it, depends on your towniness.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41