Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 23777 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2023, 12:23:52 am »

I'm sorry if you sent me a PM and I left you on read during the day.

More in a bit after I pretend to do cardio.

I don't remember what I was planning on responding to.

I'm not sure we should claim because mafia can better coordinate their night actions which I think helps them more?

This is the classic justification but I wonder how valid it is.

Town doesn't win games in the night phase, they win in the day phase with an abundance of information. The dopps can pick off Agents and Guardians easier I guess but can they maintain a Day 1 fake claim through the end of the game with the town having a night game plan? I think that would be difficult.

Do you like anyone?

No.

I lied.

I sent a PM to my favorite player. You know who you are. :)

Hector13

You wanna vote me….

Vote this

I think Knightwing64 is probably town.

This was the expected result. Only bit is that there are no hammers this game. Unvote

On another note, I am once again a protector. We'll see if I manage to protect mafia this time around.

... Apropos of nothing, I'm going to vote Vector.

I think TricMagic is probably town.

Am I a jester. I wouldn't have minded dying overnight if we got info on who pushed the hammers. And it sorta happened.

I'd rather live and throw a wrench in the works, but that's the rub. The main argument that could be made is that I'm playing like an SK. (Or Jester or Cultists or insert Third Party goo here.) An argument cannot be made that I'm mafia without dipping heavily into WIFOM territory. Webadict should really know that, yet calls me mafia? Under whose directive did I throw myself under the bus with absolutely no warning without talking to my teammate?

I don't understand this reasoning in the slightest so I can only assume that TricMagic is town.

dragon

*ahem*

*breathes in*

reads

We think similarly. This makes my opinion of you improve.

Hmm, for an opening post it's pretty light on substantive opinions about other players. I think enough of the game had happened to have something.

Do we (policy) eliminate Tric for bad play, self-voting etc?

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

No.

Jim, can you give an answer to this that is more helpful than what Wuba managed?

webadict, what's an important thing we should know from previous paranormals?

Maybe, maybe not. Does it tell you anything?

Flavor being mechanically relevant and the game having lots of mechanical interactions that aren't immediately spelled out are probably the only things I can think of off the top of my head.

Could not tell you what the little mechanical interactions are anymore. It's been eight years.

Also, don't worry about Max this game.  He's definitely Town.  He hasn't performed his signature scumtell.
Which is?
I refuse to explain.
Actually talking about his feelings.

Pffffffffffffffffffffftahahahahahaha you guys are great.

Kooky

HUH.

I am also a Kook.

reads

I don't like these reads that much.

I think Jim Groovester is rolling like a rolling stone. Slow at first, but building up momentum.

This is a nonsense characterization that I don't agree with and is completely without substance.

I'm scared enough of hector13. Maybe I'll reread and see if I can back up my gut.

I respect this.

@FoU:  You think it's hector?  I dunno.  It doesn't feel correct.
Tric feels sus, but hector feels sharp, in a way I haven't felt from him before. He reads as reasonably town, just going by his logical behavior, but the vibe check is failed badly.

This is a confusing read on hector13

but I respect it.

Town but don't deserve it
Knightwing64
TricMagic
EuchreJack

Probably town
ToonyMan

Lean very slightly town
FallacyofUrist

Realm of undecided
Maximum Spin
webadict
hector13
notquitethere

Why won't they fucking post
Vector

webadict claiming Kook while I am also a Kook is interesting. It's not impossible for two players to be Kooks in a Paranormal (if I remember my Paranormal correctly) but he also reads me as town, which is weird since he always reads me as scum. I'm not vibing with his reads which I feel like I do more of when he's scum though. Don't know what to think there.

If I had to shoot three people to win the game right now, I would shoot Vector, notquitethere, and hector13 and I would strongly debate with myself whether I want to throw Maximum Spin among those three instead.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2023, 03:52:40 am »

Sharp… like a fox!

I genuinely have no idea what you mean, could you expand on this? You sound like one of those horrible people who use fire as an adjective so… preferably in a way an old man like me can understand.
Yeah, I think I've figured out at least part of my gut read.

Fuck I forgot to read ToonyMan. Whatever, just consider him null for now.

Back to my point.

It's like you exist but you don't have opinions, you barely have targets, you're just hanging back and watching everyone else go by.

Like you're still in RVS when the rest of us have mostly moved on.

I think my vote is justified at least for now - the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2023, 03:54:28 am »

I'm sorry I literally have no idea how to play town-aligned. Kinda what happens when you don't ever get any practice. I definitely feel like I'm just spewing.

I sure need the experience, that's for sure. This is just the best I've got for now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2023, 05:32:12 am »

Considering we had a game with THREE truthful Millers, I could see two Kooks, especially since Kooks can have utility that Millers don't.  Groan.

FYI: Knightwing ALWAYS needs a kick-in-the-pants to do anything as Town.

Reads List:
TricMagic: Probably Town, but has been successful faking town as third party in the past
Maximum Spin: Is sort of just around and getting scumread, so is probably town
Jim Groovester: This seems like the analytical Town!Jim, rather than the controlling scum!Jim
webadict: Seems like he doesn't know the setup, so looking more Town.  Warning: I've been buddied pretty heavily, so my read is useless.
Knightwing64: I want to say is town, but not posting enough. Could be as confused by the setup as I am, which would account for the lack of effort. Slight town.
FallacyofUrist: Seems about as townie as Fallacy ever gets.  But whining about never being town too much.  Slight Townread
ToonyMan: Can never be trusted, but nothing is screaming scum.  Null
hector13: I don't have enough experience with Town!hector to read as town.  Mentions was scum before as a warning, which bumps them to Null, barely.
Vector: Vector rarely posts as either alignment.  But not voting Tric is suspicious.  I need an explanation to stop reading Vector as scum.
notquitethere: Looks more like scum!NQT than town!NQT.  Time will tell.  Since Vector (like usual) can clear themselves by posting, NQT is the stronger scum pick.

...I hate being a double voter. I can't vote right with ONE vote, so now I get TWO!?  :'(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2023, 08:01:03 am »

That list is starting to look right, Euchre.

Who do we vote from within those bottom three?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2023, 08:11:44 am »

That list is starting to look right, Euchre.

Who do we vote from within those bottom three?
Wow, that is creepy as fuck.

Anyways, the strategy is:
1) Vote Vector until Vector posts something not-scummy. Like usual
2) Vote NQT until NQT amuses us with charts, robot voices, etc. Like usual
3) Vote hector13. My only regret the last time that I played with hector was not voting them earlier/harder. More pressure on this slot is ideal.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2023, 08:21:54 am »

Psh, you think that's creepy?  You ain't seen nothing, yet.  I'm in the codebase, hacking the planet!  I've got 15 pies and 80 fingers!

Anyway, I'm already voting Vector, so nbd there.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2023, 08:30:29 am »

I sent a PM to my favorite player. You know who you are. :)
:)

I don't know how I feel about two Kook claims but it's definitely possible.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2023, 09:12:48 am »

Well, if it wasn't apparent I think Tric is town (nobody pointed out he was my top townread even though I was voting him...) and I think I trust Jim more than Web here.

Regardless, let's light a fire under Vector. I want to see them play so I can judge them better.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2023, 10:02:16 am »

I admire players who can form a solid read after a few pages of low-drama D1 back and forth. But let's see, shooting from the hip:

Town -> Scum

Jack claims early. You know, I don't see scum doing that as their first move? Some points there.

Toony: Typical Toony, active, engaged. I've town read him incorrectly in the past for this, so he's the kind of lynchpin I'd want to investigate.

Jim is pretty Jim so far. Could be anything.

Max: I don't personally dislike Max but when we play mafia, he has a manner which rubs me the wrong way, he just reads as a bad dude. But anyway, reading back, his push on Tric is all legit, but otherwise he hasn't done much.

Hector: Doesn't like PMs. And... what else?

Fallacy: Openly softballing. Not sure I like this lampshade kind of approach. Going through the motions is still going through the motions even when you say you're going through the motions. Still his last few posts have been a pretty decent follow-up.

Tric: Just an attention vortex. Some people thought he slipped his town role, but I don't think he's literally that dumb. Still won't actually read the roles though.

KW: typical KW so far. Falls in the same category as Tric, like, probably don't want them deciding the game at LYLO regardless of alignment

Vector, off-planet

Web is being more than typically obtuse, not quite to the level when he was a mafia-ally, but still pretty bad. I actually don't hate his reads, he's got a good game grasp. But I want to clarify some things...

Web, clue me in on the Hector slot. I'm getting a fat lot of nothing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2023, 10:11:42 am »

I changed my mind on hector.  I think he's probably scum now.  Mostly because I'm far more positive that FoU is Town, and I have no reason not to believe that what FoU is saying has no merits.  Besides, hector can be investigated and found out, now can't he?

Anything else?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2023, 10:17:10 am »

I will note that you haven't really settled on someone as particularly scummy, and I'm not sure that's a fair beat from you, unless you're stating that I am, indeed, scummy from that list.  There isn't really anything substantial in your accusation of me, but if it makes you feel better, I've already located members of the Town as investigative roles, and I've told them to investigate you and hector, so if that scares you in any way, please feel free to murder me during the Night so that I can no longer coordinate the Town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2023, 10:39:10 am »

No, I'm not saying you're scummy from your list. I liked your list, but I didn't like your start-of-game play at all (was giving me Vaporeon flashbacks) and I didn't understand the Hector placement. Hector has been pretty null for me. How is your read of him linked to your read of FoU? That just compared to one another?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2023, 10:54:20 am »

No, I'm not saying you're scummy from your list. I liked your list, but I didn't like your start-of-game play at all (was giving me Vaporeon flashbacks) and I didn't understand the Hector placement. Hector has been pretty null for me. How is your read of him linked to your read of FoU? That just compared to one another?
FoU seems to think that he's fairly scummy, so I'm just gonna bet on that for now.  FoU seems to get misread as scum a lot, but I just feel like he's probably Town here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2023, 11:45:07 am »

The Whiteboard
Vector: 3: EuchreJack, ToonyMan, webadict
hector13: 2: FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64
webadict: 2: notquitethere, Vector
Knightwing64: 1: hector13
TricMagic: 1: Maximum Spin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Saturday

I don't normally weigh in on players not posting, however:

FYI there's a huge storm going through California for the next two days and power outages are likely. I am still on break and will post if I have internet.

A bunch of my co-workers in Northern California lost power yesterday, so Vector may be legitimately offline for a little while. Hopefully they'll be able to get some posts in before Saturday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41