Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: New steam succession: Mebanugath "Streambelch"  (Read 11725 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New steam succession: Mebanugath "Streambelch"
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2023, 02:10:02 am »

yeah I was mostly just riffing, i think the biggest issue is the sheer SIZE of the stack. like, my god. . so much labor. it's all for Armok at this point

==

On this year 217 in the fortress of Streambelch, I can proclaim the following veracities:

--We hold almost 100 units of meat, plant tuber, or fruit for every dwarf in our stead (~4800 units). Well stocked to say the least!
--The efforts of our janitorial force impress - the fortress shows few signs of the recent 'werelemur atrocities'.
--The remaining captive werelemur is decidedly entombed.
--Now, with only 49 population, the grand hallways feel ghostly and barren. Over a hundred bedrooms remain unclaimed.
--The magma stack is, indeed, fucked.

For now, in the interest of longevity, we will employ the following quarantine rules:

Visitors are free to come and go, visiting the establishment, but not allowed to enter the main fortress. just uh watch your step and don't expect much in the way of table service.

Similarly, immigrating dwarves will be detained through various methods until they are proven clean of were-viruses.

===

Our fortress has attracted a number of strange travelers to the recently built under-tavern, which we have taken to calling "The Trap of Honey". These include Lete Cleanwatch, a strange frog creature who tells fabulous stories about criminal exploits, and Quistra Shimmeredwandered the grim one, who sits silently by the doorway, suspicious of every visitor.

As well, some people tell us the blind cave fish man Teling Untowardfroths has been living downstream from our front gates for quite some time, threatening travelers with his iron mace and strange blind eyes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2023, 03:12:32 am »

yeah I was mostly just riffing, i think the biggest issue is the sheer SIZE of the stack. like, my god. . so much labor. it's all for Armok at this point

Can't give up now, with more than a hundred pumps already done.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2023, 04:52:25 pm »

Irafe appeared momentarily, bellowed and then disappeared into the mist of the first cavern.

Further artifacting.

Another beast arrived, a real bad-ass, the web slinger Romi,

and a third beast that died so fast I didn't even bother to capture it's image. The caverns are littered with the hulking remains of these titanic battles.

Yet another beast - an eyeless tarantula.

Immediately scuttles towards Romi the web slinging talc quadraped.

But Romi is definitely the better fighter, and the webs make hitting the tarantula easy. Romi is victorious.

As far as actual progress updates go, well... not much happened. I was entirely focused on the construction )re-construction?) of this magma pump from hell. literally.

I modified the surface to allow for switching on-off of magma pump power without destroying the whole stack:

there is still many levels left to build. I was building new pumps from below, but either way works. the magma stack will need repair as there are a large number of needless holes dug into the walls that will cause many leaks should the device operate. consider this your warning lol

a little digging:

But mostly I just sat back, enjoying the resplendent wealth of our fortress, while being casually entertained by WWE's Kaiju division in the caverns

save here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16653

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2023, 04:39:12 am »

So who's next?

Parzival1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2023, 03:38:48 am »

Me! Apologies I was sucked away into jedi survivor. I'll post an update to this tonight.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2023, 11:06:24 am »

NICE looking forward to updates. i love this fortresses layout with the two-level hallway.

Lemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2023, 03:38:56 pm »

Hello, can i play one year? i never played a succession game before, but i know how to play the game and idk if you still accepting new players...

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2023, 05:22:24 pm »

Pretty sure nobody would stop you) Go ahead, try it out)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]