Poll

Poll Placeholder

Option 1
- 1 (50%)
Option 2
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stellarisstuck Reboot: Help Me Plot this Conksuck Expedition  (Read 2700 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Stellarisstuck Reboot: Help Me Plot this Conksuck Expedition
« on: January 01, 2023, 06:51:23 pm »

So the last Stellarisstuck kind of fell off the truck, mostly because of the 3.0 update, and I'm creating this new game to start over.

We'll be playing as the Repiton Trolls instead, from Vast Error, and we'll be using one of the challenging origins this type.

As before: if you want to put in a fantroll (for a leader position) feel free to post! There are three-four scientists or so you can pick from. As the government is CORPORATE DOMINION, you can theme them around that.

I will be using Planetary Diversity, and Real Space, but not New Frontiers as that has incompatibilities since 3.X ish. Due to mod updates, set up is taking a while since I need to assess the new compatibilities of the large list we have.

Happy New Year to All!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 09:48:17 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellarisstuck Reboot: Vast Error, Stellaris Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 04:27:21 am »

Hello again I shall PTW this one just like I did the last one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 05:53:32 pm »

> OK, let's get this show on the road.

Seriously, it's about time. Here we ar-wait WTF?

> Be Someone in Charge.

Who the hell's in charge here?

> OK, just who are we.

You are HAMIFI HEKRIX, CEO of the Repiton Corporation, and the one who has to fix the mess you are in. By the time the rolling disaster abates and the situation is under control, you get back to your *other office*, which is to say the place you normally work from in Stronghold 48, which houses the current hindquarters of the said Repiton Corporation. Stronghold 21, the original location, experienced unfortunate events a few sweeps ago and nothing has ever been the same again.

You know, these days it seems like you're the only one with the leadership capacity to do ANYTHING around here, particularly when there were some changes. You've lived through some pretty big changes, but there's a lot more to do.

> Get off that stupid device and pay attention.

You can't, because you're currently texting your MATESPRITE, to ensure he is kept up to date on your continued survival. The ETHERON ARRAY, which is firmly attached to a solid monolith of graystone to ensure it's continued survival, means he can be updated in REAL TIME. You have to give directions to ensure he won't have a panic attack when, in a couple of minutes, news of the latest cataclysm hits the screens.

We're not going to be covering that here in logs. That is CONFIDENTIAL.

> Fine, we're sorry. Let's examine the room, starting with that slug blaster

This was behind you, of course, between that screen and the poster. It's your trusty DEFENESTRATOR, a sidearm which you use for personal defense. This place is really rough, and there's not much in terms of security personnel around so you have to be ready.

> Hamifi: Examine Poster

The diagram has been printed in poster format in order that it be accessible even during a power outage. This is kind of important.

This is a cross section of your homeworld, Repiton, which has been through a lot. While you managed, by what would be too long a story to tell here, shift your planet out of its prison, other events are in progress that pose a mortal threat to it, and to your entire species. In part, that a RATHER LARGE DEPOSIT OF FISSIONABLE MATERIALS AT THE PLANET CORE IS ABOUT TO REACH CRITICALITY. The event will likely blow your planet apart.

The core of Repiton is a NATURALLY MODERATED GEOREACTOR, with a radius of about 44km. This provided the primary nutrition source for SKULLTITANS, and it was considered odd during the RENAISSANCE that they were emerging on the surface in ever larger numbers. The reason for that has become clear.

The core has been undergoing collapse geologically for many sweeps, leading to many criticality excursions and disrupting plate tectonics. Within the next 35-45 half-sweeps, an uncontrolled chain reaction will begin, with enough energy to "gravitationally unbind" the planet. Which is to say, the event will likely blow your planet apart if the physics is down right.

On determining this, you decided to order preparations for the evacuation. It hasn't been received well, but is the best option considering everything.

> Hamifi Hekrix: Check Notifications

You have a LOT of notifications, so you start with the "most important" one first. Regards the recent catastrofuck on Repiton, it looks like 10% of the infrastructure and housing has been taken out of commission, and habitability has generally been impacted now. Conditions on the planet were bad BEFORE this, what with a centenailia or two of unbridled pollution of the oceans, and the fallout from the end of the RENAISSANCE leading to bleak conditions for trolls and any other wildlife.

THE GAME, managed to save you from that, for a while. Now, you're in a race against time to evacuate. At least the material washed up from Repiton's mantle can supercharge your industry.

> Hamifi Hekrix: Elaborate Further on Notifications

Spoiler: full size gif (click to show/hide)

ZAGS. That's what your screen looked like earlier. You've cleaned up some of the spam notifications and gotten yourself an ad-free version of the software (you hope). There were a lot of settings here that had to be modified.

> Hamifi Hekrix: Check Up on Repiton

Repiton is your homeworld, and of course capital world. Since the beginning of recorded history, and in fact throughout all history, your species has resided here, save for the few who journeyed offworld before The Event. Or whatever you want to call it, the reason this planet is here, orbiting a new star, in a different universe, and no longer imprisoned in the solitary universe it came from, or for that matter in the Inciphisphere. At least you brought your entire culture with you through that.

There are a total of 18 administrative units of trolls present on the planet. Your Planetary Administration is located at Stronghold 48, to which has been transferred perhaps most of the planet's population after the debacle at Stronghold 21. That remains a sprawling slum, where about an administrative unit of trolls could be re-assigned to more standard employment.

There's no official enforcement division, which is why you have to be heavily armed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:28:52 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 08:17:43 pm »

About damn time!  ;D

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 01:33:16 am »

Hey it's happening!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 08:16:17 am »

Hey it's happening!

Sure is. Only issue is on this map, Sol doesn't exist. I can try to force spawn Sol using a script, maybe (+ the other stars nearby) though.

About damn time!  ;D

The Real Life Horrorterror has certainly eaten quite a bit of THAT.

Disclaimers to be added

Vast Error is a derivative work off Homestuck, and this is derivative off both. Critically, some further characters have been derivatived off Vast Error, something that didn't happen so much in Stellarisstuck.

We might have to reboot this game quickly if serious issues arise.

The Repiton Corporation uses: Spiritual/Militarist/Xenophile ethos, corporate governance, and has civics of SCAVANGERS and PRIVATIZED EXPLORATION.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:22:32 am by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2023, 09:44:36 pm »

-Deleted, whoops, wrong button-

That's going to be all the introductory material for today. More will come tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:17:26 pm by CaptainArchmage »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 09:21:18 am »

Wow, great update!I look forward to confusion as to which update I am referring, lol.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 02:01:11 am »

The confusion is here! As I have only have a partial idea of what you're talking about!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 05:31:07 pm »

The confusion is here! As I have only have a partial idea of what you're talking about!

I had to re-align the content a bit. I'm going to actually go by editing the posts in process to add the material.

I think we might have an issue with mod incompatibility, and potentially, there might need to be a re-set. I'm going to try to avoid that and FULL STEAM AHEAD, once I get through some IRL things tomorrow (hopefully).

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2023, 10:08:28 pm »

> Hamifi Hekrix: I mean, check up on Repiton

Like, wasn't there meant to be some kind of... SYSTEM UPD8 GOING ON?! you're not sure and are really disorientated what with all that's going on. (Update rolling)

Anyways, this is Repiton. Just under 10% of planetary infrastructure has been damaged, such as it was AFTER you arrived in this "galaxy thing", which we'll have to talk about. I mean all of you. ALL OF YOU.

"Aradia Xoloto" seems to be the current governor of the planet, aged at 20 Repitonian Solar Sweeps ish. She's a bit older than you. At least you think this is the case. Again, you're a little disorientated by recent events.

There are a total of 18 administrative units of trolls present on the planet.

Your Planetary Administration is located at Stronghold 39, outside the Kenede Spaceport Area. This is the main jumping-off point for trolls, or will be. Few settlements remain on Repiton.

In terms of infrastructure you have 3 hivestemclusters including Stronghold 39. There are two industrial districts including around Stronghold 39. You have COMMERCIAL ZONES around Stronghold 39, and somewhere in the mix there's also a MIRTHMANIAC TEMPLE. Again, going theme. Lastly you have two mining and two farming districts, which keeps things going.

Stronghold 21 has been ruined due to events. A proposed plan can clear the site for rebuilding, not that you will rebuild, but at least you can put back into employment a stonkin' ONE POPULATION UNIT. Which might be important.

At the moment there is literally no security and jobs are going undone. Your current 18 population units of trolls represent a significant depletion of society.

>

Walp.

> Hamifi: Check out System

You swear this place was supposed to be called GAIAEON'S END, but anyways. You check the PLANETARY MANIFEST.

Spoiler: The Manifest (click to show/hide)

There are FOUR HYPERSPACE CONDUITS out of the system, but you cannot use them for now. Fortunately, you have other means of leaving the system.

> Hamifi: Zoom Out

You switch to the "Galaxy Map". Which is to say, Gaiaeon's End is located in this huge amalgamation of stars is called a GALAXY. Something you didn't have much of in the solitary universe your species came from. A device known as a SPACE GANDERSCOPE has allowed you to survey the nearest star systems for potential worlds to abscond to. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any Repiton-like worlds in nearby systems.

It has also discovered that there are several zillion galaxies out there in the universe, which for some reason seems to be expanding. Maybe there is life in this galaxy, or out there.

> Hamifi: Observe Alert

Something's blinking on screen. Right? Well, it's gotta be... an ALIEN CONTACT?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 01:51:03 am by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 05:59:49 pm »

> Hamifi Hekrix: Attend to URGENT FIRST CONTACT SITUATION

Subspace sensors have notified you of an anomaly in Saia - the first sign of life off Repiton! For some reason it has taken a while to get to your desk. You've been overworked lately.

You immediately contact the closest... contact... heh... who can help you with this matter.

The New Universe offered with it the hope that you would find new worlds which trollkind could call home. Ideally, these would be in conjunction with your homeworld, but as recent events have shown, that is not likely to be as such. This is the reality you are dealing with though. In hindsight there was a kind of solace, where the limited confines of your old solitary universe granted a kind of limitation on the meeting of... new forms of life. I guess? Thing is... in this new and potentially infinite universe you have entered... one unconstrained by the rules of Gaiaeon upon Kheparia... either you were going to be alone... or you were not. Both outcomes were equally terrifying, you guess. But this outcome is equally less terrifying. A universe that contains life within it, must surely house some other demesne within it where your species can survive the upcoming cataclyism.

You immediately contact someone with capability of dealing with this situation.

Spoiler: Trolling Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:36:23 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellarisstuck Reboot: Help Me Name This Conksuck System
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 09:46:20 pm »

Obvs. not all the frames done for expediency's sake but anyways. We got a planet (I'm going blind, guys).

> Hamifi: Hang Up

You don't know what else to expect. Bytcon Krypto, or Bytcon Krojib as he also goes today, doesn't understand the steps towards a first contact scenario so you sure are hoping you HAVEN'T found intelligent life there.

You are aware that, unlike the world of the Inciphisphere, this universe isn't geared to assurance of instantly understandable and comprehendable communications (IUCC).

You of course read the brief, like you should have BEFORE you contacted that guy. A two-way wormhole, instantaneous, was carved through subspace using one of the prototype drives and used to return visual data in real time during a period of 38.61241311111025 seconds before it closed. Obviously Bytcon hasn't seen this one. It's not a... spaceship in any imaginable sense. More like a space... puddingswimmer of sorts.

In all seriousness, this business should have been started at once when the news hit, but you had to chase up on the physics discoveries and fallout from the latest core criticality excursion and of course the discoveries of extra resources and anomalies on other worlds.

It will take at least 80 days to get some results, and you don't expect this business to be finished for a long time. At least the creature, because you can TELL it is a living being, probably isn't going to pose a major threat to you.

> Hamifi: Zoom out to see the rest of the greater galaxy

Spoiler: The Greater Galaxy (click to show/hide)

This is what the greater galaxy looks like. Galaxy, a new term for your species. There are at least 3000 likely stars in this one which are accessible through subspace routes or hyperspace conduits, and billions more that are not.

> Hamifi: Contact R&D

Spoiler: R&D Business (click to show/hide)

With that matter over, you decide to look over R&D to see what assignments will be made.

You tell the head of the EXODUS PROJECT TO FOCUS ON Scientific Method, so more labs can be built. You decided that "hyperlane travel" might be not such a good idea for now, rather preferring the subspace devices sounds like a good idea. There've been enough accidents trying to prove the devices.

You know.

As to the LADY OF THE SOCIAL RESEARCH COMMITTEE, you issue the project of PLANETARY GOVERNMENT. Else running things here is going to become a lot harder. Or on other planets for that matter.

Lastly, you ponder the engineering options available. The three projects proposed are on... nanomachines, afterburners, and... to invest in the manufacturing of... space corvettes. It's an empty universe... but if it isn't... you're going to need some means to take the fight to the enemy.

You KNOW Occeus would want the nanomachines. Afterburners aren't going to be useful on any ships you can currently build, and you need some kind of defenses.

Reliance on stationary defensive platforms probably won't cut it, and you know you were going to pick this one regardless of the detraction. The corvette project will attempt to convert surface-to-space shuttles left over at the Kenede spaceport to use as a space navy.

> Hamifi: Issue Orders to Science Vessels

Your two science vessels are the RCS Olive Scribe under the command of Clippr Xigisi, and the RCS Unhived Wanderer, under the command of the more experienced Mekris Goezee.

While the Olive Scribe will jump to the Ler Zumon system, the Unhived Wanderer will jump directly to the second system. Both are G-class stars, which your research department indicates may be more hospitable to life.

The drives will take 15 days to spool to jump, and about 150 days to recharge after use. Subspace drive sure is a nifty way to get around the galaxy!

> Hamifi: Order a new Engineering Vessel

You examine the Gaiaeon's End Starhold. This was originally built as an outpost hurridly after Repiton's arrival in the system, and turned into a semi-functional structure. The starhold is an upgraded starport that allows for four modules and two buildings.

You have two shipyards to aid the evacuation effort, as well as two trade modules to handle the transfer of interstellar wealth back to the capitol. The starhold hosts a crewblock and a silo for storage of additional resources.

You order a new engineering vessel, in order to begin the construction of an outpost.

> Hamifi: Watch Warp

The time has come. Both of the vessels open the subspace rifts... and...

> Hamifi: Check Results

You examine the scans from the science vessels... well, you already had all the results from Ler Zumon, didn't you.

What rather interests you are the results coming out from the Unhived Wanderer... in the...

Well. It looks like there's a bit of a tech problem here. You're not going to yell at tech support about it, because this is a LAYER 8 issue.

Someone hasn't given this system a name.

What of course interests you other than that is the readouts from the third planet in this system. High levels of oxygen, nitrogen, and water vapour... could this world be a new home for Trollkind?

Are you already saved? First things first...

> Hamifi: Put out poll to NAME THIS CONKSUCK SYSTEM

But wait, first you must actually have a LIST OF NAMES to poll from!

We'll now be inviting options from the err... fart nibblet ring.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2023, 12:25:59 am »

Conksunk is fine

EDIT: You also now know my pain when I play No Man's Sky.  It's downright tiring constantly having to come up with names for stuff.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2023, 01:05:12 am »

That name seems fine.

I suck at coming up with names for things.
Pages: [1] 2