Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps  (Read 15744 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« on: January 03, 2023, 03:42:39 pm »

Roll to Dodge
Starlight Mechanized Corps
Heroic High-Schoolers Fighting to Defend Their Homeworld Maia from Grotesque Alien Invaders from Outer Space:
What Do You Mean It's Not For Teens!?

Industrial Revolution Calendar, Year 995
Dr.Evangeline Starlight discovers the Compatibility Gene, a requirement for adolescent and adult Maians to correctly connect their organic brains to the Mind-Machine Interface, which itself was an experiment to help efficiently control the equally-experimental, multi-purpose, humanoid-shaped, fusion-powered Mechanized Warfare Constructs, or 'Mechas' for short. In recognition for Doctor Starlight's discovery, the newfound Gene is labeled 'Starlight Gene' by the scientific community.

IRC, Years 995-1000
Mechanized Warfare Constructs, pioneered by several powerful corporations, enter mass-production stage. Present in 0.34% of Maian population, the Starlight Gene indeed proves to be the best way to control Mechas. Many families undergo Starlight Search Test to see if they possess the necessary gene, allowing many talented young adults and high schoolers to enroll in various training programmes by civilian and military authorities around the planet. Wealth, prestige and recognition follows those that complete the training program and become Construct Pilot Officers, or 'Pilots' for short.

IRC, Midspring Year 1000
A meteor crashes unnoticed somewhere deep in Northwest Icelands. Nine months later, mega-governments across planet Maia receive reports of strange sightings, mutated animal attacks and disappearances of livestock and civilians from small villages and remote townships.

IRC, 1st Early Spring, Year 1001
Pan-Maian Governmental Security Council recognizes the existence of 'Outer Dimensional Alien Threat', and scientific community discovers that these invading xenomorphs radiate Mu particles, which are highly corrosive versus biological compounds. Therefore, the public quickly labels the terrifying new threat to Maia as 'Mu-Aliens', 'Mu-Morphs', or simply, 'the Mu'. Lethal to Maians, these aliens need to be combated from the protective shells of Power-Suits or, even more safely, from the cockpits of the Mecha.

IRC, 1st Late Winter Year 1001
In cooperation with VanZer, GunBlade, Centaur, and several other manufacturing and logistics companies, Starlight Corporation has publicly announced the creation of the 'Starlight Mechanized Corps', under budgetary oversight of Pan-Maian Government Council. A specialized unit, taking in high-schoolers from around the world, to train and equip them for singular purpose: investigation, fighting, containment, and ultimately, destruction of the Mu Threat!

Welcome to RTD: Starlight Mechanized Corps! A managerial game with influences from wildy varied video games such as Idol Manager, X-Com, Crying Suns and Front Mission!

In this game, you will take on the role of SMC Commander and any additional SMC Sub-Commanders while the aforementioned heroic high-schoolers go battle the aliens. You will be prompted to make construction, financial, and most importantly, social decisions during the span of the game. After all, these are teenagers; they're vulnerable to adult influence, their budding sexuality and raging hormones are making the adult world scary and confusing. Scandals, infatuations and rivalries are galore in such environment, where quirks, upbringing and cultural differences might make the otherwise prim and proper A-grade teenagers into fistfights.

Can you manage the SRC base just as good as you can manage the youngsters? Can you protect them just like they protect the people of Maia by risking their lives and careers?

The first Player becomes the Commander, making base and deployment decisions, as well as being the representative of SMC in the wider world of Maian social media and dealings with Pan-Maian Government Council. Any subsequent player will be Sub-Commander, each responsible for 1 Team of up to 4 Pilots, solving their disputes, social incidents, and other things, unless the Commander themself will be required. Sub-Commander slots will be generated whenever the Commander accepts applications of enough new Recruits to create a new Pilot Team. The Pilots themselves are not players, instead, they are NPC characters randomly generated and given own personalities, stats and quirks.

Feeling it became too much for you? No worries, just retire yourself and let someone else take your place!

And worry not, mechanics and lore will be introduced by humble myself via self-insert as Chief Secretary Maia Sanders.

Enter Your Commander Name here!
SMC Commander: K. Shiek, played by Kashyyk
Previous Commanders: Argent Greene, played by Glass

SMC Sub-Commanders:
  • IAI, played by TricMagic: Team Sword
  • Kali Scarlet, played by VermillionSkies: Team Shield
  • Alice Gaine, played by Maxine: Team Flame
Sub-Commander Waitlist
Tray Glacier, played by GreenKnight
Johnson Windslow, played by Fluffe1911
Avery Gunn, played by Horizon

Available Facilities, Vehicles and Mecha to build/buy:
(Updated: Late Winter IRC 1001)

Spoiler: Facilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Delivery Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechas (click to show/hide)

Base Site: Neo-Amanotsugi Nano-Medical Academy
(Updated: 24th Early Spring 1002)

Spoiler: Base Facilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Base Costs (click to show/hide)

Starlight Mechanized Corps Finances:
(Updated 20th Early Spring 1002)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 02:22:28 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 03:48:53 pm »

Pilots on Roster:

TEAM SWORD:
Established: 1st Late Winter 1001
(Last Updated 1st Late Winter 1001)

TEAM SHIELD:
Established: 1st Late Winter 1001
(Last Updated 29th Late Winter 1001)

TEAM FLAME:
Established: 11th Early Spring 1002
(Last Updated: 18th Early Spring 1002)

Quarters Assignments:
(Last Updated 21st Early Spring 1002)

Spoiler: Standard Quarters A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standard Quarters B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standard Quarters C (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standard Quarters D (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standard Quarters E (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standard Quarters F (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 03:08:07 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 03:49:23 pm »

And reserved.
SigFlags!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 04:15:16 pm »

Sub-Commander Name: IAI

Greetings fellow commanders. I m the Integrating Artificial Intelligence responsive to these [4] Living NeurosisesTeenagers. You can call me IAI for short.

IAI takes the form of a cute idol in a business suit and lives entirely within the bases computer systems. This is because her developers are all nerds.

(I'm fine taking a Sub position. Translate through google to English means Presence[居あい])
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:40:56 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 04:18:58 pm »

This is Commander Argent Greene, requesting full attendance!

Commander Greene has the unenviable position of holding a role partway between a military commander and a high school principal. Please do not ask him to handle the PR, he’s just trying to make sure these kids don’t get themselves killed.
(Seriously we need a PR division, I cannot handle that myself.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 04:21:36 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 04:29:02 pm »

Commander Tray Glacier, reporting for duty.

Why we're stuck using poor kids to fight wars is a cruel joke best known to god, if they're out there. Best we can do is keep them out of trouble while they're home and keep them out of coffins while they're out.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 04:31:32 pm »

Sub-Commander Kali Scarlet, comms online.

Ready to wrangle some teenagers.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 04:43:18 pm »

//TricMagic as IAI, GreenKnight as Tray Glacier, VermillionSkies as Kali Scarlet are all getting onto reserved Subcommander waitlist spots! Sorry Tric, I need someone/something mobile for this job :P

Chief Secretary Maia Sanders: Greetings Commander Argent Greene! I am glad that you have been assigned as SMC's Commander. Pan-Maian Security Council has forwarded you as best candidate, and your official records seem to prove it.

Today, we will be handling some major bureaucracy and logistics.

Our first task is to declare a Base Site for the Starlight Mechanized Corps. Fortunately, Starlight Corporation has managed to acquire a small list of sites that could be quickly furnished into a fully-fledged base. Whatever that's not present can be constructed or purchased later.

Chief Secretary Maia Sanders: If you have any questions regarding the choice of future Base Site before you make your choice, Commander Greene, feel free to ask. I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities and knowledge as Starlight Corporation officer.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:10:14 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 04:48:24 pm »

Is Site E supposed to have no listed estimated monthly cost?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 04:53:13 pm by Glass »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 04:51:20 pm »

Maia Sanders: Hmmm, seems to be an oversight. I will get the updated site specs in just a moment...

And there! The estimated montly cost is about 3160 Links.
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 04:54:01 pm »

Expensive, for what seems to be a rather bare-bones facility.
Speaking of that, while these list costs, I have yet to have been shown what sort of budget we’re working with. How much are we actually being afforded?

I also believe that an explanation of the various listed stored vehicles - presumably MWCs, though I have no confirmation of that - would be in order.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 05:04:41 pm »

Maia Sanders: Ah yes, let's start with the finances.

Pan-Maian Government Council (I will refer to it as PMGC, Commander Greene) has agreed to a budget forwarded by Starlight Corporation for this project. Initial funding is 50.000 Links, with a monthly income from the council of 10.000 Links. While facility maintenance will take quite a bit of our funding, new purchases, replacements, as well as payments for the enrolling high-schoolers will also put a weight, not to mention any sudden and emergency expenses.
PMGC is privy to adjustment of the income based on our performance as well as any grieviances and favors we do to the local Nations and Mega-Governments on Maia. The more assignments we will reply to and more successful Deployments we perform, the better. The more social incidents we get ourselves into, the more failures in deployments and more dead teenagers we count during our operation, the less favorable PMGC's opinion, and subsequently, their budget, will be for us.

And for the vehicles, they come in three kinds:
Mechanized Warfare Constructs, or simply Mechas, will be used by our Pilots. There are numerous designs, and quite frankly, the 995s stored at Site F are quite dated models by now.
Maglev Roadtrains like Maglev 1000 are used in regional deployments; they are cheaper than Cargoplanes but we won't be able to take assignments from further away than the Nation we're hosted at.
Meanwhile, Cargoplanes are expensive to buy and expensive to maintain, but having an aeronautical carrier would allow us to reply to any and every request by any Government on the Planet. Herculean-404s are standard fare of Cargoplanes across the globe, but there are also other, more specialized - and quite costly - variants providing deployment bonuses.
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 05:31:39 pm »

And since Site F is the only site to have MWCs immediately available, I suppose any other site would require us to acquire them on top of the given expenses. Hmn.
The cost of maintaining the Hercs would explain the maintenance bill on site E, though.

Alright, here’s my thoughts on the various sites - and please, correct me if I’m making any incorrect assumptions.

Site A is a fairly standard military base, but that means that unlike the other sites, it appears to have some of everything, only really lacking a place to put the MWCs. However, if it’s in a city, it’ll likely be difficult to expand.

Site B, being an academy campus, would likely set the pilots at ease, and it has a variety of useful facilities. However, it’s distinctly lacking in vehicle storage and maintenance spaces, aside from their mech bay, and the fact that the construction of some of the facilities was rushed has me somewhat worried. It does indicate that the site has room to be expanded, however.

Site C has the opposite problem - a glut of vehicle storage, essentially no pilot-focused facilities. They’re teenagers, that sort of setup is unsustainable. The Site is already the second most expensive to maintain, and even the writeup expresses that a significant amount of construction would be required to make the Site usable. Strike it off the list, I think.

Site D, a converted embassy... while I recognize that it has some vehicle storage, the main draw of it appears to be the quality of the quarters, and there’s few other facilities. Especially since there’s quarters of different quality, I could see that quickly prompting jealousy or rowdy use of the premises. Again, strike this one off, unless you have other input.

Site E has two planes. That seems to be the main draw. However, the fact that much of the rest of the facility is unused does indicate that we may be able to expand extensively, although I am uncertain what the price would be - and there would be a lot of expansion to be done. I think that we would want to mothball one of the cargoplanes upon arrival, at least until we have enough resources and pilots to justify using it. Ultimately, however, probably not worthwhile.

Finally, Site F. Most notably comes with four mechs. Beyond that, however, it largely seems to barely qualify as a lite version of Site A. That said, it’s out in the mountains, so like Site E, it’s likely readily expandable. And none of the others’ costs implicitly include the mechs.

I’m currently leaning toward Site B, but if I’ve missed anything important in my analysis, please inform me.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 06:23:35 pm »

Sub-Commander Johnson Windslow, sigh Ready to work when required.

(Put me on that waitlist!)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 06:27:19 pm »

//Johnson Windslow (Fluffe1911) added to waitlist!

Maia Sanders: Actually, there will be no problem expanding any of the sites you might choose. Starlight Corporation has agreed on expansion writs with local governments. We will be allowed to construct new facilities as needed with minimal bureaucratic hassle.
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19