Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps  (Read 15814 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 06:29:15 pm »

Sub-Commander K. Shiek reporting for duty.

I'd like to follow up on Commander Greene's thoughts on the various options for Living Quarters. What are the available categories, and how do they differ?

Further, it intentioned in a few laces that some Bases have space for expansion, is the available space recorded?

Finally, I notice a number of auxiliary and support facilities, such as Studies, Clinics, and Excercise Complexes. Can we have some more detail on those as well?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 07:45:26 pm »

Maia Sanders: The accomodations for Pilots come in three quality levels and three occupancy rates. Basic, Standard and Lavish for quality, and Individual, Paired and Team.

The better the quality, the less issues the occupant will have with its standard of living. The more people per Quarters, the less privacy they have, and teens are especially big on that. Inadequate privacy or quality afforded by the Quarters assigned to the upcoming Pilots will negatively affect their happiness, ability to improve their skills or even their operational abilities. A Pilot living in Basic Quarters probably won't complain if they live there alone; on the other end, a Team stationed in Lavish Quarters which come equipped with useful appliances and varied modern comforts will probably get along just fine. Place too many of them in low quality rooms, and they will have trouble concentrating on their tasks, get on each other nerves and even submit resignation from the SMC, if worst comes to pass.

As for expansion spaces, it is only a flavorful description by Starlight Architecture Bureau. As I stated before, Base Sites can and will be expanded as needed. Of course, building actual facilities will take both time and thousands of Links.

Base Facilities come in four distinct types: Quarters, which I explained before, Vehicle Storage, which I also briefly explained, Healthcare facilities and Training Facilities. Healthcare Facilities are used for treat Pilots that, due to damage or destruction of their Mechas were Wounded or, even worse, Incapacitated, which will require medical attention and perhaps being taken off active roster until the Pilot is fully healed. Psychiatric counselling is also in this category as grotesque designs of the Mu along with bloodshed and carnage will negatively affect the Pilots. Training Facilities allow a Pilot, or multiple ones, to enter regularly scheduled, prolonged sessions to hone their skills and maximize their potential.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:54:50 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 08:20:20 pm »

Would Site B’s small hospital include counseling facilities? It’s not entirely clear what amenities it has.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 11:44:20 pm »

Sub-Commander Avery Gunn, awaiting further instruction. Will be at the shootin' range if ya need me.

(I too would like to be put on the wait-list please.)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 12:35:34 am »

//Horizon's Avery Gunn has been added to waitlist!

Maia Sanders: Clinics and Hospitals both have physical and mental trauma healing capabilities in one facility, while Auto Medbays are used to treat physical wounds and Counselling Offices offer psychiatric therapy, separately. We will get to more in-detail descriptions of facilities soon.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 12:56:50 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 07:52:30 am »

Only question from Tray is whether there will be a roster of pilots already assigned, or if we'll have to pick from scratch. Better to know how many teens we're housing from the outset before we start deciding how much room to look for.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 08:50:17 am »

One last question. What would be the prices to bring Site A’s facilities to a level comparable to Site B’s, or to acquire vehicles and storage space for them at Site B?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2023, 09:51:59 am »

Maia Sanders: Smaller facilities usually cost few thousand, larger ones, especially cargoplane hangars, about a dozen or two dozen thousand Links. Maglevs and Cargoplanes are quite costly, but the basic planes go for about ten thousand each. Maglevs are even cheaper.

As for the Pilot roster, Starlight Corporation is currently preparing a list of potential recruits. I believe they are hoping that there will be about twenty or more to choose from initially. Our mother corporation will periodically send new recruitment lists to Commander Greene to choose from.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 10:08:21 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2023, 10:38:12 am »

Ultimately, while it’ll likely be more expensive to get everything set up, I suspect that Site B provides us with a more sustainable set of facilities for keeping the pilots on task, out of trouble, and relatively prepared for their missions.

If anybody feels reason to object to this decision, this is your last chance to express it. Otherwise, we are ready to proceed.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 10:43:34 am »

"Copy that, Commander. No complaints from me."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2023, 11:15:56 am »

My biggest concern regarding option B is the cost to provide transport capabilty, and that we will only be able to support two teams in those Standard Quarters before we start compromising our Pilots' effectiveness.

However, so long as we are able to mitigate those issues during this initial setup phase, I am happy to support this plan.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2023, 11:46:04 am »

Regarding the costs, not only will we have 50,000 links available to get the base up to specifications, but frankly, we would also need to be spending a notable amount of that no matter which site was selected, as none of them quite have the full range of facilities that we’ll need.

Regarding the quarters, although it is true that, assuming paired housing, we would only be able to support two teams to begin with, not only can we construct more quarters, but additionally, the fact that they are standard-quality quarters rather than Site A’s basic quarters seems to me to allow us more freedom to house pilots. Trying to have paired housing at Site A would seem to me to be significantly more risky, especially with the lack of other pilot-focused amenities available there.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2023, 12:36:49 pm »

No objections. We can use the time to tailor our facilities to our number of pilots, and work from there. Assuming we don't get attacked immediately, that is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2023, 02:53:05 pm »

Very well then. Sanders, please pass on that we will be selecting Site B.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2023, 03:18:51 pm »

Maia Sanders: Of course, Commander Greene.

There's few minutes as the Chief Secretary leans over the computer desk, tapping away at the buttons and keys, and then a holovid projection of the academy grounds comes up.

With a Site chosen, we can now do pre-orders and pre-builds of equipment and facilities. Please remember, SMC currently holds 50.000 Links it can use for this very purpose.

She pushes the computer's terminal towards Commander Greene, and steps aside a bit.

With this terminal, you can view, on screen or via holo-projection, various facility models, vehicles and data available to SMC currently. I wish to inform you that Starlight Mechanized Corps is due to begin its official operations on 15th Late Winter, that is, two weeks from now. If you purchase easily shipped equipment, or order construction of some small facilities, they could arrive or be finished before the base begins operation, saving on waiting time. Please keep that in mind, Commander. I would also advise to retain some funds for whatever happens during the second half of the month, as we will be receiving money from PMGC every 1st of the Month.

Spoiler: Facilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Delivery Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechas (click to show/hide)

(These three spoilers will be added to the post on first page for easy access as well.)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 04:04:32 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19