Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps  (Read 15932 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2023, 05:09:49 pm »

Okay, so looks like we're actually doing rather well so far. Our only critical purchases are the Mecha, and some transport. Well,  we could choose to not buy any Transport options, but then we can only attend missions within walking distance.

Our current monthly income is 7,970 Ls, and I'd want to keep our income at least 2,500 Ls, to make sure we can recover from any sudden expenses, leaving 5,470 Ls to allocate.

First, Transport. I'd want to make sure we have multiple options, so I'd want to get both a Small Ground Hanger and Maglev, as well as a Large Aeronautical Hanger and Cargoplanes.

This month that will cost us 24,000 Ls to build, plus 900 Ls in upkeep for facilities, and 3,000 Ls (250 Ls) for the MagLev 1000. We don't need to think about ordering any Cargoplanes until the start of next month, but I'd want to go with two Chiron-402s, for 10,000 Ls (800 Ls) total.

That puts us at 37,000 Ls spent, and 1,950 Ls upkeep. (13,000 Ls left, with 3,520 Ls monthly budget).

Word of Haspen says a Pilot costs 500 Ls a month. We could get 8 VanZer 995s and pilots for 7,200 Ls upfront and 4,800 Ls per month. This immediately puts us over our soft limit on monthly expenses, but I wouldn't want us to go ahead with only 1 Mecha Team. We could reduce to a Small Aeronautical Hanger and one Cargoplane (which will save us 15,000 Ls upfront and 600 Ls per month, not enough, but gets us closer).

I've chosen not to touch Medical, as our Hospital has more than enough Capacity. Likewise for Living Quarters, as the cost of the extra pilots is not viable at present (although allowing us to offer some private rooms might be valuable). Additionally, we can provide training for 7 Pilots at once, although 4 are restricted to theoretical learning only.

You can distill a shopping list that I'd be happy with from that, but first I'll open the floor to any other advice we can offer the Commander.

Edit: I forgot that Living Quarter upkeep depends on the number of occupants. Our Standard Quarters cost 40 Ls per Pilot/month, so if we go with 8 that'll cost us another 320 Ls per month.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:31:54 pm by Kashyyk »

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2023, 07:57:45 pm »

From Kashyyk's list, I'd almost want to nix the air transports entirely until we get an idea of what we're looking at, but a small hangar instead wouldn't be a bad idea.

We're definitely covered on medical and living quarters for the moment. New mechas would be wise. The dependant is on how many pilots the commander wants to hire, and it would be best to base a shopping list off of that.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 12:27:17 pm »

Here's a more legible shopping list. I'm assuming next month is called Early Spring.

Transport
Large Aeronautical Hanger - 20,000/700 Ls
  Online by: 15th Early Spring
Small Ground Hanger - 4,000/200 Ls
  Online by: 14th Late Winter
Maglev 1000 - 3,000/250 Ls
  Online by: 7th Late Winter

Pilots
Recruit - 0/540 Ls ×8

Mecha
VanZer 995 - 900/100 Ls ×8

Upfront Cost: 34,200 Ls
Maint. Cost: 8,600 Ls (Including current costs)

NB. At the beginning of next month, we will want to order at least one Cargoplane, such as the Chiron-402, costing 5,000/400 Ls and taking up to 14 days to deliver.

Our biggest Upfront Cost by far is the Aeronautical Hanger, whereas for Maintenance costs, it is our Pilots. We could cut our costs slightly by dropping the Ground Hanger and reducing the size of the Aeronautical Hanger (10,000/500 Ls, down from 27,000/1,150 Ls) but this would leave us without Transportation for our first two weeks, and only operating with one Transport which is a risk I'm not comfortable with. A midground option is to just downgrade the Aeronautical Hanger, saving 10,000/200 Ls from the above cost. We'd want to order the Cargoplane in the middle of this month though, to arrive at the beginning of next. Alternatively, we could ignore the option of Aeronautical delivery entirely, although I'd want a second Ground Hanger so we could operate two MagLevs (14,000/450 Ls), but I wouldn't support this due to our inability to respond to distant missions.

With the above plan, we also have space for 24 Mecha, so plenty of space to expand our Company, or to have spares. Depends how likely we are to lose Mecha and not Pilots.

I'm  assuming Pilots have no Upfront costs, but even if they did, we could afford 500 Ls each without seriously affecting our emergency funds. The other assumption is that Upkeep is not required in the month we purchase the asset.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 12:50:07 pm by Kashyyk »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2023, 04:20:32 pm »

Although I had been uncertain, given the minimal difference in upkeep between the small and large aeronautical hangars, it would seem more sensible to construct the latter, rather than need to construct an additional hangar at a later point simply to acquire a second cargoplane. As a result, I approve of the provided ‘shopping list’. Thank you for handling this task.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2023, 04:47:44 pm »

Maia Sanders: Thank you, Commander Greene. I will send this shopping list but please be mindful that we cannot order vehicles if there's no place to store them. Therefore, the Maglev 1000 you want will be put to order on 7th and delivered around 14th, to coincide with the ground hangar being built. Is this alright?
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2023, 05:01:58 pm »

Yes, it is. Thank you. Could you also schedule the purchase of a Chiron-402 to be delivered on the 15th of Early Speing?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2023, 05:25:42 pm »

Maia Sanders: Of course, Commander Greene. Allow me to prepare more comprehensive built order plan for you to approve based on the pre-orders.

Quote from: Build Order 1st Late Winter 1001
Large Aeronautical Hangar - 20,000/700 Ls
  Online by: 15th Early Spring
Small Ground Hangar - 4,000/200 Ls

Mecha
VanZer 995 - 900/100 Ls ×8

Budget beforehand: 50.000 Ls
Cost of purchases: 31.200 Ls
Budget afterward: 18.800 Ls
Quote from: Build Order 7th Late Winter 1001
Maglev 1000 - 3,000/250 Ls

Budget afterward: 18.800 Ls
Cost of purchases: 3.000 Ls
Budget afterward: 15.800 Ls
Quote from: Build Order 1st Early Spring 1002
Chiron-402 - 5,000/400 Ls
  Online by: 15th Early Spring 1002

Budget beforehand: 15.800 Ls (based on Late Winter 1001 financial data)
Cost of purchases: 5.000 Ls
Budget afterward: 10.800 Ls (based on Late Winter 1001 financial data)

Maia Sanders: Please confirm if this is all correct, Commander Greene.

If yes, we will be able to move into process of reviewing candidate Pilot's files prepared by Starlight Corporation's MMI Device Evaluation Team.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2023, 05:36:37 pm »

It does indeed appear to be correct. Now, pilot candidate files?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2023, 06:08:55 pm »

Maia Sanders: Great. As for the files, I will now send a download request to Starlight Corporation for them. Please give me a moment.

Chief Secretary once again does some computer work. Soon enough, a return ping sounds and the holo-screen begins listing the files...

Maia Sanders: Oh, my goodness! That's *way* more than twenty files I was told to expect! Evaluation Team has been busy it seems!

Spoiler: 1.Moriko Akagawa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2.Victor de Veux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3.Thedros Palaikos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4.Asuka Midoriyama (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5.Sergi Koraliev (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6.Arthur Lovelace (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7.Haru Kitashigawa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 8.Alessandra Firmio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 9.Matthew Maybarn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 10.Nazrael Kecym (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 11.Sota Tamayashi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 12.Marcelline Webber (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 15.Ichirou Natsugawa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 16.Hanako Tsushima (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 20.Vitaly Komarov (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 21.Nikoforos Megalogos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 22.Carla Whiteforest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 23.Haru Mikatsushima (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 24.Marcello Colline (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 25.Tomoe Aragawa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 28.Anne Redfield (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 29.Robin Thompson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 30.Flora Michellieu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 31.Ryota Kawamura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 32.Yekaterina Saratova (click to show/hide)

Maia Sanders: Now before you choose, let me describe the terms used in those files by the Starlight's Evaluation Team.

INFO contains general information about the candidate, including their physical characteristics, as well as their Quirks - behaviors, preferences and psychological traits that the Team found might be helpful or unhelpful during the teenager's tenure as a Mecha Pilot. Most candidates have one such Quirks, but some more interesting candidates might have two Quirks.

PHYSICAL and MENTAL are two Skill groups that the Pilots were evaluated using Mind-Machine Interface, producing numerical statistics related to their current skill leve and the potential maximum they can reach using MMI's internal scale. A Pilot with score of 3 in Battling might sound nice but a Potential of 4 in that Skill means they will reach their maximum very quickly. On other hand, a very high Potential but very low actual Skill means they will be great in the future, but before that it might takes weeks, if not months, for them to reach that value. Please keep that in mind when considering the Candidate's files.

And now onto the Skills. BATTLING refers to using the Mecha's weaponry and fighting at range and in melee. CROWD CONTROL refers to Pilot's ability to keep track of and manage many targets at once, be they Mu, allied forces or panicking civilians running around. HEALTH refers to their general physique and vitality, how easily they tire and how often they might suffer from ailments. PILOTING refers to the Pilot's ability to manuever the Mecha's heavy body, be it running on long distances or carefully squeezing it through a narrow tunnel, or other such situations. TRACKING refers to the skill at finding clues, spotting hidden enemies and finding enemies that have escaped or keeping track of those that are trying to escape. COMPUTERS refers to Pilot's ability to use and navigate various types of computer software and computer networks. ENGINEERING is all about Pilot's ability to solve mechanical and engineering problems. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS refer to how good the Pilot is at handling communication with other Pilots, allied forces, or instructing civilians or public service workers during deployments. MENTAL FORTITUDE is Pilot's resistance to disturbing imagery, bloodshed, sudden worsening of deployment situation, and, if worse comes to pass, sudden and gruesome deaths of their comrades and friends. SCIENCES refers to Pilot's knowledge about 'hard' sciences like chemistry, biology, physics and other such topics.

Currently, the Base Site has maximum Quarters capacity of 16 Pilots if we house them 4 per Quarters. Please note that Starlight Corporation will refuse to process more Pilots than you have Quarters for. Once you select some Recruits, we will require Sub-Commanders, whose job will be to assign those new Pilots to Teams, and to name those Teams. A Team is comprised of maximum 4 Pilots and 1 Sub-Commander. Please refer to this list to find acceptable candidates for the positions of Sub-Commanders.

Once you accept some of the Candidates as Starlight Mechanized Corps' Pilots, Starlight Corporation will process necessary paperwork for their national governments, run the pilots through intergration camp, prepare them for the 'big job' and ship them to our new Base Site. This process almost always takes 7 days, so Pilots accepted today will arrive no sooner than on 8th Late Winter.

If you have any other questions, Commander Greene, please ask away.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 06:23:29 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2023, 07:25:03 pm »

TEAM SWORD:

#3 Thedros:
Spoiler: THEDROS (click to show/hide)

#6 Arthur:
Spoiler: ARTHUR (click to show/hide)

#15 Ichirou:
Spoiler: ICHIROU (click to show/hide)

#22 Carla:
Spoiler: CARLA (click to show/hide)

TEAM SHIELD:

#11 Sota:
Spoiler: SOTA (click to show/hide)

#18 Josephine:
Spoiler: JOSEPHINE (click to show/hide)

#17 Eva:
Spoiler: EVA (click to show/hide)

#26 Johann:
Spoiler: JOHANN (click to show/hide)

Potential Discrepancies:
#11 enjoys kickball while #31 dislikes it.
#3 is potentially “cool” enough for #12 to have an issue with.
#14 is generally somewhat subpar, but I was running out of options.
#11 may dislike #17’s and #14’s preference in sweets.
Potential for high compatibility between #6 and #12.
Swapped #31 and #12 upon further insight from The Commander.
Swapped #14 for #26 upon realization that #26 is objectively better.
Swapped #31 for #22 upon request from The Commander.
Swapped #12 for #18 upon request from The Commander.
Teams have been renamed to Sword and Shield.

All of the above subject to change pending oversight from The Commander.
-Kali Scarlet

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 04:22:01 pm by VermilionSkies »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2023, 09:32:01 pm »

Hello, Commander and Sub-Commanders!

In the interest of providing you relevant data necessary to make decisions, I've taken the liberty of compiling the pilot candidates' rankings by several metrics:

I hope this is of some assistance with choosing the perfect candidates for your program!
-delivered via an intern

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2023, 04:48:19 pm »

Thank you, Kali, for organizing the recruitment plan. Sanders, we’ll be hiring the candidates that Scarlet has laid out.

Regarding sub-commanders for the two teams... Scarlet, you’ll take Shield, as they were your idea to begin with. For Sword... Shiek, please. You’ve seemed attentive thus far.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2023, 04:59:12 pm »

IAI remains in Standby, awaiting the next [Human] VictimsPilots.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2023, 05:01:36 pm »

Maia Sanders: Understood, Commander Greene, I will now send your choices: Thedros Palaikos, Arthur Lovelace, Ichirou Natsugawa, Carla Whiteforest, Sota Tamayashi, Josephine Fontainblanc, Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser and Johann Eduard Ostfalk. I sincerely hope that, whatever military or police force the remaining 25 Candidates join, they will do their best as well.

Greetings and congratulations to our new Sub-Commanders, Kali Scarlet of Team Shield and K.Shiek of Team Sword. I hope the responsibilities of managing quarters of young and freshly minted Pilots won't be too much of a burden for you.

Commander Greene, this concludes our bureaucratic work for today. Please, if you have any questions, do ask them! Otherwise, we will begin preparations to move to Neo-Amanotsugi City and settle in to our new Base Site. Remember, the 8 Pilots you've selected will arrive on 8th Late Winter. Until then, we won't have much to do I'm afraid.
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2023, 05:18:31 pm »

I believe that all questions have likely already been asked. If anybody else has inquiries to make, they may feel free to do so, but I expect we’d be best served enjoying a few days of peace before we never get any respite from teenagers ever again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19