Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps  (Read 16147 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2023, 09:39:23 pm »

B

We would require more housing before it becomes sensible to hire more pilots. Set them aside for now.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2023, 04:41:21 am »

Maia Sanders: Of course, I will notify Starlight Corporation that we don't need new recruits now.

27th Late Winter 1001

Quote from: Repairs Complete
VanZer995-001 has been fully repaired.

Maia Sanders: Greetings, Commander Greene. In three days it will be new year, and night skies will be alight with fireworks. Should we decorate the base and buy pastries and Dayamato delicacies from local restaurants? I'm sure our Pilots would enjoy them as well. I've spoken with the Quartermaster and it seems a facility-wide party like this will cost us 1000 Links.

A) Let's party!
B) No parties.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2023, 05:39:21 am »

1,000 Links is no small amount. Its 10% of our monthly grant (equivalent to 2 months salary for a pilot). However, we're projected to have approx 19k links at the turn of the month, after spending approx 6k in upkeep.

So, I think this is worth it. I suggest we fund the New Year's party Commander.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2023, 09:51:24 am »

A
It doesn’t seem like it would be of particular issue.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2023, 01:34:03 pm »

Maia Sanders: Thank you, Commander, I will notify the quartermaster immediately~!

28th Late Winter 1001

SMC OPERATION REQUEST

Maia Sanders: Commander Greene, Subcommanders, we have a request for assistance from Tataro Mugenics Research Facility. The situation is as follows:

At 0600 hours today, one of the live specimen storage areas suffered catastrophic failure of its power networks. The holding bays and laser barriers were offline for several minutes before emergency power was turned on but two dozen large-sized Mu-Aliens have been noted as missing. The facility is calling all nearby Mecha-capable forces to assist in search and destruction of escaped specimens before they wreak havoc in nearby settlements. The area around the facility is rather hilly and cut through with numerous running water features.

Target area is within Dayamato Alliance territory and only few hundred kilometers away from Neo-Amanotsugi, therefore its classified as Regional. Our Maglev 1000 is capable of reaching the site within two hours and has capacity of 4.

Quote from: Assignment Specifics
Range of Operation: Regional
Commencing Threat Level: Medium (-1 Skill Check Penalty)
Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths.
Skills most likely needed:
1. Battling
2. Tracking
3. Piloting
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 01:37:22 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2023, 11:17:36 am »

"Commander. Loath as I am to send Ichirou on another mission, the best lineup we have for this is Josephine, Eva, Johann, and Ichirou."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2023, 11:09:06 pm »

"...damn. And this came at among the worst available times.
No matter, there's nothing that can be done for it now.
Thank you, Scarlet. The listed pilots should be suitable.
Operation Wide Net is a go."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2023, 12:04:33 pm »

Maia Sanders: Of course, Commander. Operation Wide Net is a go, and I will inform the Pilots after their immediate departure.

Few minutes later, the strategic operation screen switches to tactical, showing the satellite maps of the area and photographs of the forested area near the research facility.

28th Late Winter 1001
OPERATION 3: WIDE NET
Two hours later

The tactical screen shows the arrival of Maglev 1000 in area of the search-slash-hunt, with the local Police Department coordination officers directing the Maglev to the west of the Tataro facility.

The Maglev itself comes to a stop in middle of a glade at the end of a dirt road, few hundred meters away from the main facility. Soon enough the camera feeds inside the Pilots' cockpits come online as well.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Fontainblanc here, all systems nominal!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Langrisser reporting, sir.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Ostfalk ready, Commander.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Natsugawa ready for action, once again.

The doors open and the ramp extends, allowing the four Mechas to descend it.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Three in three deployments, huh...

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: You sound mopey, Natsugawa.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Combat fatigue, perhaps?

Ichirou Natsugawa: No, not really.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Then what?

Ichirou Natsugawa: Eh, just, I thought that our 'stars' in Swords would show up more often rather than... me. Like, I am mostly an engineer, you know? Just a funny thought, really.

Josephine Fontainblanc: You're overthinking it.

Quote from: Tracking Test, Teamwork
Ichirou Natsugawa: 6 from Roll, +3 from Tracking, -1 from Second-Hand Coordinates, -1 from Threat Level = 7
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 3 from Roll, +4 from Tracking, -1 from Second-Hand Coordinates, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Final result: 6

Maglev: Maglev crew here. We're receiving unfiltered reports and coordinates from the local police department and Tataro Mugenics. We would like to Miss Langrisser and Mister Natsugawa to receive the data and filter out the useful stuff.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Of course.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Right away.

The two then quickly get to the useful info, and triangulate the probable whereabouts of four of the escaped Behemoths.

Ichirou Natsugawa: This way.

Quote from: Tracking Test
Johann Eduard Ostfalk: 3 from Roll, +0 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 2

Few minutes into a track into the forest, the team is slightly fanned out, combing through the underbrush for signatures.

One comes right in the middle of Johann's sensor, and he hums, flabbergasted.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Above? He turns his mecha to look at the treetops, but the strike comes from below!

A centipede-like, burrowing Mu bursts out of the dirt and slams into his VanZer.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Shit-! Johann loses control of his Mecha and it is sent to the ground, the screen warning him of damage in several structural and armor areas of his construct.

VanZer-008: 1/2 Hitpoints left!

Quote from: Battling Test, Teamwork
Josephine Fontainblanc: 5, +2 from Battling, -1 from Spindly Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 5, +0 from Battling, -1 from Spindly Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 3
Final result: 4

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Hang on, Johann! Eva and Josephine, the closest to the entrapped Johann and the burrowing Mu, quickly travail between the trees and point their laser rifles at the ugly monstrosity that is attempting to coil around their comrade's Mecha.

Several laser blasts later, the thing lets go, wobbles and falls dead between the bushes, its body riddled with burn wounds.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Are you alright, Johann? The Saxonian in question looks himself over and shrugs.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Not a scratch on me, my VanZer is a different story. Give me a few... He slowly raises his Mecha off the ground, dents in his armor showing just as the monitor points out that few important bits under the armor got crushed or mangled.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Moderate damage. Some servos got damaged, but I should be fine.

Quote from: Goals Completed
Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths. (1/? Killed)

Ichirou Natsugawa: We should keep a closer watch on each other, I think. The info we got from Mugenics doesn't mention any other burrowing organism, but we should still keep our eyes open.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Alright.

Ichirou Natsugawa: 2 from Roll, +3 from Battling, -1 from Speedy Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 3
Johann Eduard Ostfalk: 6 from Roll, +2 from Battling -1 from Speedy Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 6
Final Result: (4.5 =>) = 4

Several minutes of going downwards an uneven terrain, the squad notices a fast-moving dot on their scanner.

Soon enough, a four-legged, cow-shaped alien rushes from between the trees, but Ichirou and Johann were ready for it. A cross-fire from two oversized laser rifles sends the Mu shrieking and soon it slams into a nearby tree, almost breaking it in half. Local Mu-particle readouts are near zero.

Maglev: You're slowly coming to the edge of our operational area, Pilots. We will move the Maglev few hundred meters to keep sensors in range.

Quote from: Goals Completed
Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths. (2/? Killed)

Josephine Fontainblanc: 3, +2 from Tracking, -1 from Distant Signatures, -1 from Threat Level = 3
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 3, +4 from Tracking, -1 from Distant Signatures, -1 from Threat Level = 5

Josephine and Eva pick some distant Mu particle readings on their sensors and lead their team - right to the edge of a cliff. A waterfall is crashing over the rocks, a very sharp slope leading downwards, with several boulders protruding from the rock surface.

Eva peeks down the cliff and her onboard computer does some calculations.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: ...I don't trust my VanZer's leg servos and shock absorbers at this height.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Neither do I, but what other option do we have, really? Josephine looks around and then to the side.

Josephine Fontainblanc: We could follow the cliff until we find a gentler slope, or at least, until the height difference gets small enough that we're safe jumping down.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: What? That will take too much time. The Mu we're tracking will definitely get away while we're busy finding the easy way down!

Ichirou Natsugawa: It is too dangerous to jump, or even climb down, though! It risks damage to our Mecha and potential danger to ourselves, as well!

Josephine Fontainblanc: How about this: those who feel like jumping, jump, the others take the easy path.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: I can Pilot my mecha down there easy.

Ichirou Natsugawa: You want to split the squad? Trust me I know from experience how well *that* goes.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Okay, guys, stop! We're getting nowhere. Eva types something on her console and then looks directly at the camera.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Commander, Subcommanders, what should we do?

A) Find an easier and safer way down the cliff? (This could potentially result in only partial completion of objectives)
B) Begin descending the cliff immediately? (This will require some tricky Piloting rolls which might quite well end in damage to Mecha and injuries to Pilots)
C) Split the party? (This is obviously the most dangerous of options in case something bad does happen, but has potential to nullify the downsides of both of the above)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 09:30:56 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2023, 04:02:35 pm »

"Sub-Commander Shiek here, Fountainblanc and Langrisser, your frames are still in good condition, so prepare to descend the cliff and hunt that Muu. Ostfolk, your Mecha has taken damage, and I'm not having you go unsupported, so you and Natsugawa should seek an alternate descent."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2023, 04:56:46 pm »

"Sub-Commander Shiek has the right of it. Stay alert, pilots."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2023, 04:38:27 am »

28th Late Winter 1001
Part 2!

Josephine Fontainblanc: You heard our superiors, we split boys!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Maintain scanner range if possible, and radios on.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Don't worry, we will.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Ready to go.

Two girls watch the boys walk away, and then approach the cliff.

Quote from: Piloting Test
Josephine Fontainblanc: 3 from Roll, +3 from Piloting, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 2 from Roll, +2 from Piloting, -1 from Threat Level = 3

Josephine Fontainblanc: Alright, gyroscope calibrated, scanner on, let's go. Josephine is first to go down the cliff, stepping where she can, climbing down where she must. Eva in the meanwhile finds some protruding rocks and shelves and decides to do little frog jumping, greatly outpacing Josephine.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Eva, you're going too fast. You might get in trouble.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: I'm fine. Eva says with confidence right before another jump-down - this one ends in the rock shelf cracking and her VanZer stumbling forward.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Aaah-! The mecha bounces off the rocks and then crashes few dozen metres below. Controls within her cockpit and on the status screen begin to flash and beep, several servos and joints of the lower body and the legs of her Mecha affected by the crash.

VanZer-007: Motor system damaged, penalty to Piloting until repaired!

Josephine, seeing the situation, jumps down the last length of the cliff and her mecha stirs up a cloud of dust.

Josephine Fontainblanc: What did I tell you? She asks while reaching with her Mecha to help Evas's get off the ground.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: *sighs* I'm fine. Eva flips some controls on her VanZer's console and then tries moving, which comes with slight delay and erratic twitching of the right leg.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: My mecha isn't, though. One of the Technicians at the Control Room chimes in the radio conversation.

Technician: Correct, you have three jammed servos and the control system is damaged. I would advise against any sudden movements if you wish to maintain balance.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Swell.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Sorry. Josephine turns to focus on her Mu-particle scanner.

Josephine Fontainblanc: I'm getting a faint reading in this direction, let's move before it escapes any further.

Quote from: Interpersonal Skills Test
Ichirou Natsugawa: 4 from Roll, +1 from Interpersonal Skills, +2 from Dayamato Native = 7!

Maglev: Maglev here. We're receiving transmissions from local police department. Can you look at it, Mr.Natsugawa? Natsugawa, and Ostfalk, stop their rapid walk alongside the cliff's edge.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Sure, patch me through. A transmission is heard in both his cockpit and in the Control Room as the technicians record it for the operation file.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Ah, great news!

Maglev: What is it?

Ichirou Natsugawa: The other groups involved in this operation have found and killed 15 Mu so far and are closing in on two more. The Mugenics institute also have finished inventory of all their specimens, and indeed 24 went missing during the power outage.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: So that's 20 Behemoths found at least.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Yea. Still gotta kill them, though.

Maglev: Updating mission status accordingly.

Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths. (17/24 Killed)

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 2 from Roll, +4 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Josephine Fontainblanc: 6 from Roll, +2 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 7

Eva stops her mecha as the readings on her scanner fluctuate from one to two and back to two.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Let's try triangulation.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Got it. The two set their mecha apart and soon the readings, separate, are more firmly tracked by the scanners.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: There, let's go.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 6 from Roll, +0 from Battling, -1 from Agile Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 4
Josephine Fontainblanc: 4 from Roll, +2 from Battling, -1 from Agile Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 4

The readings spike after a minute and suddenly there's movement on the view screen.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Incoming hostile! The two girls level their rifles as some spindly-looking hedgehog the size of a car comes running from between the trees at them.

A flurry of laser shots causes it to shriek and try to run away!

Quote from: Battling Test
Josephine Fontainblanc: 6 from Roll, +2 from Battling, -1 from Agile Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 6

But Fontainblanc has her sights on the ugly alien and after waiting for the perfect opportunity, she pulls the trigger for a perfect shot, shooting a beam through the length of the Mu with the exit point at its 'face. Mu Particle readings diminish slightly, but there's another source nearby.

Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths. (18/24 Killed)

Josephine Fontainblanc: Score! Natsugawa and Ostfalk chime in.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Good job.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: We're coming in few minutes, could you wait?

Josephine Fontainblanc: Nope! We're going to score another!

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: What!

Josephine Fontainblanc: It is closer to us than you are!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Let's go!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 6 from Roll, +2 from Piloting, -1 from Piloting (Damage Penalty), -1 from Ambushing Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 3 from Roll, +0 from Battling, -1 from Agile Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 1
Josephine Fontainblanc: 5 from Roll, +2 from Battling, -1 from Agile Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Final result: 3

As they go, suddenly the readings spike between some trees and a panther-like, snake-headed Mu jumps out of the bushes at Eva's mecha!

But she manages to escape from its path, and the two set on to riddle it with laser bolts - to no avail!

The Mu is extraordinarily fast and dodges most of them, and slams into Josephine's mecha, battering her into the old tree behind her!

VanZer-006: 1/2 Hitpoints left!

Josephine Fontainblanc: Augh!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Josephine! Eva quickly advances towards the Behemoth and points her rifle at it.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 6 from Roll, +0 from Battling, -1 from Agile Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 4

She sends a blast to its back, and it roars and jumps off Josephine.

The latter doesn't wait on with her revenge and shoots the Mu point blank, blasting its head to pieces. Local Mu particles quickly drop down to zero.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Josephine, you alright?

Josephine Fontainblanc: I'm fine, my mecha's a bit dented though. We sure are gonna make the engineering crew busy on New Year's, huh? It's about that time where the four mecha's scanners ping mutually at each other, and the group is now together again.

Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths. (19/24 Found/Killed)

Maglev: We're receiving more status updates from the local police department, Mr.Natsugawa.

Ichirou Natsugawa: On it. Ichirou reads the reports quickly, and nods.

Ichirou Natsugawa: One more Behemoth unaccounted for, and their local drones have discovered a faint reading near our location.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Wouldn't we have picked it up by now?

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: It might be one of those burrowers like the one I found earlier. Could you two cooperate on tracking the signal, Langrisser, Natsugawa?

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Sure.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Sure. The two then walk away from each other, setting their scanners to long range.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 2 from Roll, +4 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Ichirou Natsugawa: 2 from Roll, +3 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 4
Final result: (4.5 =>) 4

There's a faint, localized, and very distant dot of Mu particles further down the forest.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Got something. Let me send it to your scanners. The data is shared and the quartet of Mechas begins its walk towards it.

Maglev: Maglev crew here. You're again walking towards edge of our scanners. Moving maglev now.

28th Late Winter 1001
OPERATION 3: WIDE NET
Ten minutes later

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 1 from Roll, +4 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 5
Ichirou Natsugawa: 5 from Roll, +3 from Tracking, -1 from Threat Level = 7

The group, looking a bit wary, finally gets a solid signal on their scanners.

The red dot quickly begins approaching their position.

Josephine Fontainblanc: It's coming! The dot enters the visual range of the scanners, but much to the visible facial confusion of the pilots, there's nothing in front of them.

Then Johann realizes something.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: A burrower!

Ichirou Natsugawa: 2 from Roll, +1 from Piloting, -1 from Burrowing Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 1

Before anyone can react, some sort of multiple-legged snake bursts out of the ground right underneath Ichirou's mecha. It's organic, fleshy maw clams on the mecha's lower body, crushing some of the armor and causes the whole unit to be ejected off the ground.

Ichirou Natsugawa: Kus-! Ichirou's shout is cut short when he slams backwards into the ground and the camera feed cuts off. The tactical screen shows multiple yellow and red areas of his mecha's internal and external parts. The bio-monitor issues an alert as operators at the computers start to list all the damages.

Operator #1: Control system on VanZer 3 disabled! We have power failure in weapons systems!

Operator #2: Life signs fluctuating on Natsugawa. He is wounded-- and unconscious!

VanZer-003: 0/2 Hitpoints left!
Ichirou Natsugawa has been Incapacitated!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 6 from Roll, +0 from Battling, -1 from Reinforced Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 4
Josephine Fontainblanc: 3 from Roll, +2 from Battling, -1 from Reinforced Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 3
Johann Eduard Ostfalk: 4 from Roll, +2 from Battling, -1 from Reinforced Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level =  4
Final Result: (3.66 =>) 3

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Shoot it! Shoot it! The remaining trio shoot at the huge Mu, but their shots are either absorbed or deflected, something that shouldn't be happening with organic tissue.

The Mu directs its fury upon Johann's Mecha which is the closest, and batters it into the ground! The camera feed from Johann's cockpit goes static.

Operator #1: It's only the feed, but we're reading power system failures in his mecha!

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: I've lost control! My Vanzer's unresponsive!

VanZer-008: 0/2 Hitpoints left!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: 5 from Roll, +0 from Battling, -1 from Reinforced Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 3
Josephine Fontainblanc: 6 from Roll, +2 from Battling, -1 from Reinforced Behemoth, -1 from Threat Level = 6
Final Result: (4.5 =>) 4

Josephine Fontainblanc: We must stop it now! Josephine goes for the risky route and runs up to the Mu, seizing it by its abdomen, and punching at it's midsection.

Josephine Fontainblanc: SHOOT IT!! Eva levels her laser rifle and unleashes a barrage. Laser bolts fly into the Mu, past the Mu, leaving blast marks everywhere on the ground and foliage. The barrage however is effective, as it finally starts spasming and loses its ferocity, causing Josephine to let it go - and unload some bolts point blank at it as well.

When the two girls stop shooting, the Behemoth's corpse is smoking from heat marks all over.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Ichirou! Johann!

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: I'm okay, but Ichirou's comms is out!

Maglev: Maglev crew here. We're received information from the local police department and it seems all 24 escaped Behemoths are now accounted for and dead. Prepare for immediate extraction.

Goals:
1. Find and Destroy the Escaped Behemoths. (24/24 Found/Killed)
*MU THREAT EXTERMINATED
*VICTORY TO MAIANS

Josephine Fontainblanc: We can't climb all the way back!

Maglev: You won't have to. There's an asphalt road two minutes away southeast from your current position. We will rendevous there. All you gotta do is help pack the two disabled VanZers. Our crew is ready to extract Mr.Natsugawa and deliver first aid.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Roger that! Eva, you take Johann, I take Ichirou!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Let's go!

28th Late Winter 1001
OPERATION 3: WIDE NET COMPLETE!
Two hours-and-ten minutes later

When the Maglev 1000 arrives in the Hangar, it comes to a halt with screeching of the tires. Before the ramp even begins to unfold, the base's medical team is already by it. Once the ramp is down, the Maglev crew carts Ichirou Natsugawa on wheeled stretcher out of the vehicle and towards the doctors.

Chief Medical Officer: What's his status? The medical team takes over the stretcher as the Maglev commander walks alongside them.

Maglev Operator: Uncounscious. Electrical burns on his legs. Tissue and bone damage to his legs and hands. Potential concussion. No spinal injuries, thankfully, and no bruising to internal organs either. My team will send full medical diagnostic to the medbay in a moment.

Chief Medical Officer: Good. Nurse, get him to bio-lab! We need to check for Mu particle contamination! Have the surgery room prepared and for the bloodstocks to be ready as well!

Nurse: Yes, sir!

Josephine Fontainblanc: Ichirou!! Josephine is first to bolt out of the Maglev and to approach the doctors.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Is he gonna be alright, doctor?

Chief Medical Officer: We will see soon. Everything tells us that there won't be any permament damage. Now please excuse us! The medical team wheels uncounscious Ichirou from the Hangar while Eva and Johann catch up with Josephine.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: How is he?

Josephine Fontainblanc: The doctor says he will be fine. Josephine says as the trio watches the exit close behind the medical team.

Johann gently elbows Eva, and the two turn around, with Josephine doing the same.

They salute their subcommanders who have just arrived in the Hangar. The Pilots' faces are full of worry and they are visibly shaken.

Subcommanders Shiek and Scarlet can debrief their respective Pilots now!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 11:21:31 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2023, 05:35:53 am »

This was a tough mission pilots. Dropping into a chaotic, high threat environment, you successfully oriented yourselves, identified your targets, covered each other and didn't let those monsters escape. Courage requires sacrifice, and you have shown your strength of character today. Natsugawa did his duty, and he made it home because you all did yours.

Later, when Natsugawa had regained consciousness:
You did good kid. We've demanded a lot from you, and you've delivered. Thanls to you and the rest of the team, none of the Muu escaped. Take some time to relax, you've earned it thrice over.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 05:39:37 am by Kashyyk »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2023, 11:09:17 am »

"Good work out there, Pilots. This was a victory, as much as it may not feel like it. This was the most dangerous mission SMC has seen so far, and you handled it admirably. The objective was completed and you suffered zero permanent damage, and sometimes that's all you can do."

I'm sure Natsugawa would prefer a debrief from his own sub-commander.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2023, 11:31:34 am »

Josephine Fontainblanc: We did our best.

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Hopefully Ichirou gets better soon.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: I'm a bit worried about performance of our Mecha, though. I think better models are in order.

28th Late Winter 1001
One hour later

Maia Sanders: Commander Greene, Subcommanders, here are reports from Small Hospital and the Mecha Bay crews regarding injuries of Ichirou Natsugawa and the four VanZers damaged during today's operation...

Quote from: WIDE NET Damage&Injury Report
Ichirou Natsugawa suffered moderate wounds, concussion and broken bones and has been admitted to Small Hospital for 36 days of Treatment and is currently uncounscious.
VanZer 995-003 has lost all HP and received minor structural damage and therefore requires 25 days of Repairs.
VanZer 995-006 has lost 1 HP and therefore requires 5 days of Repairs.
VanZer 995-007 has received minor system damage and therefore requires 3 days of Repairs.
VanZer 995-008 has lost all HP and therefore requires 20 days of Repairs.

Maia Sanders: ...and it is rather terrible. We have one pilot and two Mecha out of commission for majority of the coming Early Spring.

Maia Sanders: Also, I have received an affirmation from the Council regarding the resignation form you've sent today, Commander Greene. Starlight Corp will reassign you on New Year and you need to pick your replacement: is it Subcommander K.Shiek or Subcommander Kali Scarlet?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 01:09:57 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2023, 04:25:10 pm »

Subcommander Shiek has frequently proven themselves effective in the command of their team and in assisting me to manage the Corps as a whole. I believe it is proper that they receive the promotion.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19