Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps  (Read 16096 times)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Starlight Mechanized Corps
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2023, 12:24:21 pm »

A.

Ready to receive our soldiers, Commander.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2023, 12:36:31 pm »

“Good, you all do so. I unfortunately have other tasks that need to get done.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2023, 01:21:51 pm »

Maia Sanders: Very well. I shall accompany Subcommanders Shiek and Scarlet to the Mecha Bay to greet the pilots.

8th Late Winter 1001
Ten minutes later

The eight teenagers with their bags at their feet salute the Subcommanders and Chief Secretary.

Maia Sanders: Greetings, pilots. I'm Chief Secretary of SMC Staff, Maia Sanders. Your assignment in Starlight Mechanized Corps begins today. With me are Subcommander Shiek of Team Sword, and Subcommander Scarlet of Team Shield. I would like Team Sword - that's it, Thedros Palaikos, Arthur Lovelace, Ichirou Natsugawa and Carla Whiteforest - to step forward and greet their Subcommander.

A quartet of teenagers steps forward. Of particular note are the tall red-haired boy and the one right next him over a head shorter, with tired-looking eyes. The red-head salutes.

Arthur Lovelace: Team Sword greets their Subcommander with a salutation!

The other three quickly salute as well - one with their hand at wrong angle, and other with their feet apart. It is obvious they didn't so much saluting before.

Neither did Lovelace himself as he seems to be saluting to his ear, rather than forehead.

Thedros Palaikos: Greetings Subcommander Shiek! I'm ready to see those terata eye-to-eye!

Ichirou Natsugawa: Konichiwa Subcommander Shiek. This won't take long, yes? I haven't slept since--

Carla Whiteforest: Salutations, Subcommander! I see we have 995s in the bay, but, suredly, our prestigious unit is going to have something better than that soon, right? Right??

Subcommander K.Shiek can now greet his subordinates!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 01:42:48 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2023, 01:53:32 pm »

Sub-Commander Shiek returned the salute, before addressing the team as a whole.

"At ease Pilots." He said, "and good morning. I know you've had a long night of travel, so I'll keep it brief."

"I'm Sub-Commander Shiek, in charge of Team Sword. You have all been chosen because you have something special to offer, and not just a quirk in your genetics. Train hard, trust your team, live up to your potential, and together we will beat the Invaders."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2023, 02:06:13 pm »

Team Sword: Yes, sir!

Maia Sanders: Now it is time for Team Shield to greet their commander. Sota Tamayashi, Josephine Fontainblanc, Eva Langrisser and Johann Ostfalk, please step forward.

The four other teenagers step forward. The tallest of them leans gently to the others.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Just like I taught you, team.

The other three look at their brown-haired companion, and then, in very good synchronization, snap to attention and salute properly.

Team Shield: Team Shield greets their Subcommander!

Sota Tamayashi: I'm glad to be part of the Team, Subcommander. I hope we will be able to work together smoothly.

Josephine Fontainblanc: Subcommander, please disregard my family connections! I will strive to do my best in face of the grotesque monsters~!

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: Heil, Subcommander! I'm honored to be part of the team!

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: I'm ready for duty, Subcommander!

Subcommander Kali Scarlet can now greet his subordinates!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:09:51 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2023, 02:45:55 pm »

"Team Shield. Welcome to the Starlight Mechanized Corps."
"I am Kali, your sub-commander. I am the liaison between you and the rest of the SMC. Please, contact me if you require anything."
"I expect great things from you all."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2023, 03:17:47 pm »

Team Shield: Yes, sir!

Maia Sanders: In a moment I will see you to your Quarters. You have been assigned in pairs, one of each Team per Quarters, and unfortunately we had to settle on mixed pairing for Mister Natsugawa and Miss Langrisser in Quarters B.

The two teens in question shoot each other a stare.

Ichirou Natsugawa: I'm not going to complain, as long as I get some sleep...

Eva Wilhelmina Langrisser: I am fine with this arrangement, too. I don't take much space myself, anyway.

Maia Sanders: I'm glad to hear that. Is there anything any of you wish to ask? After you depart for your quarters we ourselves will return to other work.

There's a murmur amongst both groups, before Ostfalk coughs.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: I would like to ask where is our top officer. I thought we would get to meet the person in charge of the Corps?

Maia Sanders: Unfortunately, Commander Greene is currently very busy. I am sure that you will have a chance to meet him soon.

Johann Eduard Ostfalk: Hrrmph.

Sota Tamayashi: Don't grumble, Johann. The Commander must have plenty of work on his hands.

Arthur Lovelace: I would bet on that myself, too!

Maia Sanders: Thank you for understanding. Please take your luggage and follow me!

The eight freshly-minted Pilots grab their things and follow Chief Secretary.

8th Late Winter 1001
Later that day

SOCIAL INCIDENT: Post-Haunting

Maia Sanders: I have received a call from our Small Hospital chief of medical staff. Ichirou Natsugawa has been checked for Trauma after the unfortunate horror watch night at Integration Camp and will require 7 days of Counselling. He has been already checked-in by the psychologist.

(Ichirou Natsugawa is undergoing Therapy at Small Hospital until 15th Late Winter 1001!)

Maia Sanders: I have inquired with Mister Palaikos and Miss Fontainblanc about the horror movies they've shown others that day and it seems those weren't anything light. Although others were able to stomach the content, I think it would be wise to consider whether such shows should be viewed by our teenage pilots whilst they're at Base Site.

Commander Greene and Subcommanders:
A) Forbid horror movie screenings at Base Site?
B) Let the teens pursue their movie interests?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 03:43:39 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2023, 04:32:23 pm »

I'm inclined to permit the movies Commander, so long as they respect each other's requests. They'll risk dealing with far worse in the field, and encouraging them to set healthy boundaries with themselves and each other is necessary.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2023, 11:57:42 pm »

Even if we wanted them to stop, banning these would be counterproductive. Pilots they may be, but they're still teenagers. We can, however, at least encourage lighter fare, if only to get them to include those uninterested in horror in their screenings.
B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2023, 01:50:42 pm »

Maia Sanders: I see. I will note that there shall be no restrictions when it comes to horror movie screenings.

9th Late Winter 1001

Maia Sanders: Good morning, Commander, Subcommanders. The teenagers have had their day of rest after arrival and it is now time to allocate their first half of day towards training and learning. After all, the Pan-Maian Governmental Council expects only the best out of our Pilots, therefore we must hone their skills even if there's no alerts to respond to. I would therefore advise that we put our Pilots to training. We have 4 Study Rooms, which allow theoretical learning, as well as an Exercise Complex, which could let up to 3 Pilots at once to do theoretical training and then put that into practice.

Assign 7 Pilots to Study Rooms and Exercise Complex and Skills they should be training. Skills can be trained until the Pilot reaches their maximum Potential (Skill/Potential).
Study Rooms will double the Training Time (a training that normally would take 40 Days will require 80 Days through a Study Room)
Ichirou Natsugawa is undergoing Therapy and thus cannot Train.

Maia Sanders: I would also like to know whether we should set up some schedule, or perhaps you would like, Commander, to be notified whenever any Pilot finishes their training and/or a Training facility becomes vacant.
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2023, 12:47:40 pm »

I undertake you're busy Commander. Can I suggest the following assignments?

Exercise Complex
- Carla studying Piloting
- Sota studying Piloting
- Eva studying Battling

Private Study Rooms
- Thedros studying Battling
- Arthur studying Battling
- Johann studying Health
- Josephine studying Interpersonal Skills

Once a Pilot completes their training, I suggest we pause to reconsider. We'll likely want to swap them out for Ichirou once he has completed his Therapy.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2023, 09:29:19 pm »

Thank you, Shiek. Damn senators think that just because we haven't had to have any combat operations yet means that I'm still free to deal with whatever paperwork they can think up.

I think I'd rather we have Johann working in the Exercise Complex and let Eva study in the private study rooms. Other members of Team Shield can do damage instead of Eva; if Johann takes a hit, nobody else can take that damage for him.

Final assignments are as follows:

Exercise Complex
- Carla studying Piloting
- Sota studying Piloting
- Johann studying Health

Private Study Rooms
- Thedros studying Battling
- Arthur studying Battling
- Eva studying Battling
- Josephine studying Interpersonal Skills

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2023, 03:22:12 pm »

Maia Sanders: I will inform the pilots of their training schedules right away, Commander Greene.

(Training schedules can be viewed in 1st Post, Base Facilities spoiler)

14th Late Winter 1001

Quote from: Constructions completed
Small Ground Hangar - 4,000/200 Ls
  Online by: 14th Late Winter

Quote from: Deliveries completed
Maglev 1000 - 3,000/250 Ls
  Online by: 14th Late Winter

15th Late Winter 1001

Ichirou Natsugawa has completed his Therapy at Small Hospital.

19th Late Winter 1001

SMC OPERATION REQUEST

Maia Sanders: Commander Greene, Sub-Commanders, we have a request for assistance from Monomachi City Council. The situation is as follows:

On 17th Late Winter, a group of fourteen children under care of three high school teachers have taken a chartered bus to a small mountaside inn northwest of Monomachi City. Today morning, the parents and classmates of the children have reported to school authorities and Monomachi Police Department that their phone calls are being unanswered both by satellite and phone lines. The Monomachi Police Department dispatched a three-man patrol to ascertain the situation. The crew of the dispatched car also stopped responding to their department's calls. A high-altitude sensor drone scan one hour later revealed minimal Mu Particle signatures around the mountainside inn. Monomachi City Council and its Police Department are lacking any Mecha units and therefore have no ability to counter Mu to speak off. They've sent an assistance request to our dispatch center few minutes ago.

Target area is within Dayamato Alliance territory and only few hundred kilometers away from Neo-Amanotsugi, therefore its classified as Regional. Our Maglev 1000 is capable of reaching the site within three hours and has capacity of 4.

Quote from: Assignment Specifics
Range of Operation: Regional
Commencing Threat Level: Low
Goals:
1. Investigate Monomachi Mountainside Inn for the Mu Threat.
2. Make contact with 14 High School Students and 3 High School Teachers.
3. Make contact with Monomachi Police Department Patrol Unit of 3 Policemen.
Skills most likely needed:
1. Tracking
2. Crowd Control
3. Interpersonal Skills

Maia Sanders: Commander Greene, please tell me if we're accepting this request. PMGC will be closely watching our response and effectiveness as it is our first operation. If you do accept this request, we need to Assign 4 Pilots and Mecha to this Operation. We also must designate a Name for this Operation.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:40:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2023, 03:48:36 pm »

Yes, we'll accept it. Send the Swords; I don't think any of the 995s have any noteworthy differences, so I suggest random assignment for those.

Operation Mount Silver is a go. This is our first test, people, let's not fuck it up.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2023, 03:56:37 pm »

Understood Commander. I'll inform the team. I believe they have a good skillset for this one, so I'm allowing myself to be optimistic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19