Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would you make a show named Growing Good?  (Read 842 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
How would you make a show named Growing Good?
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:28:13 am »

IMO it can't be just straight bad guy in nasty place becomes beneficent. I would do it "non-native environment" for good; the guy doesn't get sappily converted, he does something good a little tactically and a little accidentally and it starts getting muscular on the sly. Suddenly he finds himself doing good and it goes from there.

Reduce good to a thing and not a benevolent magic for the most part. The same way Breaking Bad doesn't give Walter devil superpowers the moment he turns evil. Except you should do that a little bit because it's accurate.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How would you make a show named Growing Good?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 03:41:32 am »

What if we skip most of what you're taking about and just make a show about growing plants to feed hobos?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: How would you make a show named Growing Good?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:28:52 pm »

It would obviously be a take on invert Breaking Bad and I was about to describe the story of a criminal fleeing from the justice system and discovering everything is not lost for him and then he decides to spend the rest of his life making good things around him, finding people to protect, occasionally redressing wrongs and generally being a good person, despite the fact he has absolutely no technical knowledge of any kind and is at times forced to confront his dark past running after him.

But then I discovered I was basically writing the synopsis of Les Misérables.