Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fitness Thread 2: Something Something Boogaloo  (Read 264 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Fitness Thread 2: Something Something Boogaloo
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:10:11 am »

Went to look for the old Fitness thread, turns out the last post was in 2021 -_-

Here's one to start this off. Been doing 100 burpees a day for the past 19 days, starting just after Christmas. Just wanted to do a challenge that would improve my cardio, and so far it's been great. Weirdly addictive past a certain point.

Form looks like this. The dude in this video is insane, the fastest I've done is 10:36, and I feel like I'm about to die.

Since it's the new year, with all its resolutions, wanted to see if anybody had any working out they wanted to share.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Thread 2: Something Something Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 08:54:17 pm »

Ah, the new word for squat-thrusts!
...I hate those things.  :P

As for me, I guess I would say that I've been doing hill climbing lately.  We got a hill out back, so I walk up and down it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 03:55:35 am »

Hill work is the bomb. Running up hills always feels like you're in a montage.

The dude who invented burpees was literally named Royal H. Burpee, and if the term squat thrusts didn't become popular I wish they could've at least been called Royals.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 08:51:04 pm »

I've been working on my mobility and flexibility. Which is to say, that's not something I've been doing at all until the last two years. Oh man, already feel much better in the knees and hips, can't believe I managed to get this long doing so much exercise and walking without it, literally life changing levels of funk and flex from so tiny a routine change

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 10:40:37 pm »

I'm gonna get back to it, I swear!

>.>

I got pretty seriously derailed though. Broken arm, followed by some interpersonal drama, followed by work blowing up on me, followed by both covid and throwing my back out. Working out consistently is a mental game and if your mind isn't in a good place......

I'm pretty wary about doing the same stuff I was before, at the intensity I was doing it. I feel pretty vulnerable both in my left wrist where I had the break, and my lower back. I've done some mild workouts and found I've lost most of my strength. My loss of core strength in particular bugs me. I've managed to not gain much weight back, but have been indulging more since I fell off the wagon. Sticking to an eating routine has helped even if I'm not working out.

It's all about momentum. Just need to build it and myself up again. I do miss the feeling of everything feeling....awake.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 10:46:04 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti