Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Item only available through trade with home civ  (Read 447 times)

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Item only available through trade with home civ
« on: January 20, 2023, 12:00:21 pm »

I am making a custom entity, creature and a number of accompanying things, and I realized that I want a certain kind of crystal they can make to be available for duplication via reactions, but unable to be found naturally. The idea being when starting an outpost, you bring some with you or get some from the caravan, then can duplicate that and grow more and more of it.

However, as far as I can tell the home civ also needs natural access to an item in order to obtain it. The only method I can see around this is 0 frequency plants, but I'm curious if anyone has a better solution before I try wrangling that to give a crystal in a very roundabout fashion.

Is there anything else that can only be available to a home civ?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Item only available through trade with home civ
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 01:47:55 pm »

There are also creatures available through the ANIMAL entity tokens. Maybe something can be wrangled out of it using a combination of ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT, DOES_NOT_EXIST, and EBO_ITEM? Just taking a wild guess. The problem with creatures is that you probably don't want the creature used for the item to be available on its own.

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Item only available through trade with home civ
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 12:46:05 pm »

I ended up changing my mind on this, making it easier for myself, but I appreciate the suggestion!