Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hosting A Secession Game  (Read 518 times)

Randomizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hosting A Secession Game
« on: October 08, 2023, 01:55:38 pm »

I would like to host a secession game in the not too distant future. The bay12 forum is no longer very active and the steam forum might not be the right place to attempt it. Where would I host it and how would I make people interested?

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hosting A Secession Game
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 03:36:29 pm »

I think here's still active enough, it's just the Steam release split the community activity somewhat. Definitely post here in Community Games & Stories if you're thinking of a 47.05 succession game, and both places for a Steam version.

For advertising it, best practice is to put your version number in brackets at the end of the thread title, and tell us anything unique about the world or play rules up front in the first post. Even if its how you want to play the game (and not all do), save lengthy in character posts for after you've gotten to the point. Optionally, make a placeholder second post to edit with open/not open and wait time information for new players later.

Be prepared to start with a modest number of serious players committed. I saw one after the fact that went nowhere because the OP wanted moar still, but he'd have had enough for at least a month, and I'd have joined late once I found it.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 11:09:19 pm »

*Looks at title*

*Reads OP*

So...

I guess we kill the liason when they show up?  Should we kill the rest of the caravan, too?

Or, should we play everything cool until the monarch shows up, and then slaughter them along with their entire entourage?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 01:17:46 am »

There's certainly still activity and there's been some new folks finding their way in here too. I'd suggest that rather increase that activity by hosting a game here than in other places, and just advertising it on the other ones.

(I've understood that succession games don't necessarily pick up well elsewhere either, but I might've understood wrong?)

*Looks at title*

Oh. :o

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 03:56:13 am »

Why post on the steam forums when you can post here where people will care.

Also from what I can tell the way the steam forums are set up hosting a succession game wouldn't really work there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?