Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Criminals in unconstructed cages?  (Read 695 times)

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Criminals in unconstructed cages?
« on: January 23, 2023, 10:54:23 pm »

I'm still playing 0.47.05, and I have both a functioning justice system (with a room full of constructed iron cages) and a pit for emptying my cage traps. The problem is, for some reason my prisoners sometimes are being put into the unconstructed wood cages (used for the traps, and ineligible for justice).

My first thought was that maybe my justice system was issuing beatings and stunning the criminal such that they'd be setting off a cage trap, but that doesn't seem to be the case since I recently had another instance of a criminal being put into the wrong cage but no combat report for said criminal.

Any idea what's going on? I'm not specifically looking to prevent this (it lets me issue capital punishment on agents), but I would like to know what events are leading to this scenario that I haven't been able to notice.

EDIT: I just caught one of my lawmen running a "release prisoner" job, and the first thing they did was grab a cage from the stockpile. Apparently this is intentional? I don't see any reference to this on the wiki...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:00:31 am by TruePikachu »
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Criminals in unconstructed cages?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 03:35:43 am »

Interesting to hear that this happened in 0.47 I first saw it in a v50 fort. But yes, it seems that any justice prisoner who is not a citizen or permanent resident gets "released" into a cage if there are cages available. I put a pasture in the same spot as my pitting zone and when I go through things I assign any prisoners I do not want to pit to the pasture instead, it seems to be hit-or-miss on whether they need unassigned from the pasture or if that happens automatically.

EmperorCoolidge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Criminals in unconstructed cages?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:10:58 pm »

I have noticed this in both my active forts since v50, it's handy tbh, cuts down on trouble makers.