discordant chaos
- 4 (33.3%)
chaotic discord
- 3 (25%)
order 🤓
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Driftwould: Tangled Chaos  (Read 8534 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: Thaw
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 11:34:13 pm »

oof owie no turn tonight because brain hurts
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: All The Light Touches
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 06:21:39 pm »

Epoch II

Name: Tim
Body: A plain looking humanpod with hair of brown and demonic spikes in their hair.
Essence: Demons, bonded and fed. Fire, everlasting and unending.
Purpose: Burn.

Burn the water, burn the earth, burn the sky. Let fire fill the horizons, and weather be born from the ash.

Something terrible beneath the waves screams heat and death and chaos everlasting. And yet, some unseen force impedes it. Unlike the other Essences beneath the waves, it cannot effect, nor reach for its cold body drifting lifeless under the unending waves. Only so much Power is allowable in one place, and this world has reached its limit.
So the demonic Essence drifts, unable to touch. Of course, it can watch, and bide its time.

The other Essences see it too. Should any of them fall, Demons would take their place.

[Waitlisted. Please wait patiently to be allowed Agency. This world is yet young, but perhaps ways will come to hasten your freedom...]

Agrok, the first light, the greatest light, the frozen light, the impossible flame, the freezing flame of the ice, the center of the sky, the bright ice, maker of the great flames, lord of all light, builder of the skies, maker of all that goes high create the great star of the world, an enormous flame of blue light high above the ice shining bright, but less so then Agrok, the first light themselves

(Yes, I lengthen my name, yes it is in relation to the current action that hasn't been rolled yet)

The Scribe grumbles at being made to excavate the relevant agency from that sentence, but dutifully marks it down all the same.
[Primary: 5]
The Frozen Flame boils and fumes with Power, which soon erupts in upwards torrents of bright shining. The sky bursts and is illuminated white-cold as the strands curl and twist together into ropes of light which tie and weave again and again into a tight point of impossible brightness.

And all below the Great Star is illuminated in a radius even greater than beneath Agrok itself. All of the immortals imbued with Essence are bathed in its undiminishing light, and so is created the second largest Realm of the world: All The Light Touches. In this area the stark emptiness of the sea is made visible, and the formerly icy waves are heated and made warm, and water evaporates and forms clouds, and weather is driven, and storms grow and roam, raining and sleeting and thundering.

Jackel from his high tower stares outwards at his domain he does not see a dark blank icy expanse but rather a sunny bustling prosperous city where people go about their day to day in happiness all thanks to his efforts, his head starts pounding and the king starts to shiver his mind only able to carry on the strain of such a potent delusion for so long so reluctantly he tears his gaze away from his domain and retreats from his tower back into his throne room a king can not dally after all and their are many matters which need his attention. "Squire summon the council t is timeth a meeting beest did hold on the matters of the kingdom!

Primary Action: Summon The Council they will be the Kings personal advisors they are responsible for matters which the King himself should not have to bother himself with. This includes a Steward, Spymaster, Archbishop, Chancellor, and Marshal. While they will look normal to the King and others who suffer from his same brand of madness this will not be the case for the average mortal or deity.

Secondary Action: Idly admire the throne room while I wait

As Jackel summons his Council, a bright and shiny thing appears outside his windows. He checks outside for a moment and spies the Great Star overhead, glaring annoyingly. Who did this? He shakes his fist at the thing.
[Primary: 2]
He waits patiently for his minions to arrive, but after days, they never do. Where have they gone? Is this treason? Jackel searches his castle top to bottom and yet finds no clues.
[Secondary: no roll]
Exhausted, he collapses on his throne and simply admires the room. Unbeknownst to the king, the castle in its true form becomes that little bit more solid, more stable from his faith and attention. Solid water stabilizes into solid stone and wood and steel whilst imagined artworks instantiate themselves miraculously into objective reality.
Works of gold and silver and unknowable artistry, a delicious buffet for any prospective burglar...

Aum stirs. This light disturbs it. How can one rest when a glittering thing flits across the sky?

It surfaces, bringing with it a mouthful of water, and spits mist into the air.

Aum the Olm blinks at the bright annoyances in the sky. Two of them now. When will it stop?
[Primary: 4]
It gulps up a huge mouthful of water and promptly spews it out into the sky. The droplets diffuse and drift lazily on the breeze, forming a blanket of white mist in the air and shade below.
Though not reduced to the blackness before, a subsection of All The Light Touches is shaded and become notably chillier. These Mistlands might be ideal habitat for those who aren't so enamored with constant brightness. Though the mist already starts to drift and may disappear in time unless maintained somehow.

Logan laughs, a odd and disturbing noise from a mass of black inky tentacles, but don’t let him hear you say that.

Primary Action: Transform nearby environment into my domain, a chaotic mix of different types of landscapes that shift and move constantly. It is populated by newly created servants called Acubi, a human-like species who grow black tentacles with age.

Secondary Action: Research my powers and how they work. What can I do? How can I do this? What am I?

[Primary (VS Fragment): 1 vs 3]
Logan roots his many tentacles into the rocky terrain around him, seeking to terraform it. Yet, the terrain he touches is the Body of an Immortal. It does not submit to his efforts, instead pinching and grinding arms off of him painfully.
Small stone bodies, golem-like drones emerge from the ground and strike out at Logan, too weak to be a real threat but forcing Logan to retreat.
This doesn't seem like a conscious attack from the colossal Immortal. An immune response perhaps? Logan feels that if something attacked his own body, the same might happen on a smaller scale.

[Secondary: 5]
Information streams into Logan's mind immediately in response to his desire. Easy as that.
He and five others are Immortals; semi-divine beings of flesh or matter with a core of pure Concept, a singular Essence. Despite the name, Immortals can be slain through sufficient force to disperse their body or else force their Essence into inactivity. Though deadly, their Essence would live on, awaiting a time and place it can live again, in a new body.
Immortals can drive change innately in the world, though some proximity is required. Anything is possible, though hard things are hard. It's possible for some changes to come into effect unintentionally or unknowingly, as a side effect of ones perception, biases, and uninternalized biases. It's for this reason that creations by Immortals are... inconsistent. Using your Power in precisely the way you intend requires focus and a singular vision. Distraction and hesitation may result in a monster you can't take back easily.
Additionally, an Immortal may cast its perception outwards and observe things at any distance and length. This does require intentional action however. They are not quite omniscient.

Logan's meditations are interrupted by encroaching rain and howling wind. This world is becoming more alive all the time.

Heave. The colossal being stirs into motion, shattering the ice which had formed around it’s frozen shell.

Primary: Fragment casts the shattered remains of the ice upwards, the first step of many to righting the greatest wrong.

Secondary: It walks onwards into the grand nothingness of the sea, the water churning in it’s wake.

The Colossal Crab cracks its limbs and sets to work. A tiny yet powerful being nibbles on its back, and the crab's body replies automatically with tiny defenses, but Justice decides to turn its attention elsewhere for the time being.

[Primary: 2]
Justice reaches back to fling the ice on its back up into the sky, only to discover that its limbs are unable to reach that far back. To be halted by such a trivial limitation...

[Seondary: no roll]
Undeterred, at least nominally, the crab swims off into the sea with no particular destination, spurring great waves behind it which further feed the developing storm system in the realm of All The Light Touches. Warm storms wash over Justice's back, beginning to thaw the frost over the rocks.

*the sounds of panic and trying not to drown while swimming*

Primary: Debby swims towards the nearest shore and drags herself onto it.
Secondary: Look around the shore line and see where I find myself.

A star appears overhead, providing light and illumination. And hope, however faint.

[Primary: 1]
Debby paddles desperately and without coordination and utterly fails to get anywhere other than barely-afloat.
And then a huge wave arrives, stirred by Justice's wake, and Debby is plunged under. Shit, shit shit shit!

[Secondary: 2]
Under the sea, the light of the Great Star is split and fragmented and Debby can't tell up from down. Surrounded by water, she can't breathe!
Without air, the Immortal's terrestrial body expires and all goes black. But a curious spirit clings defiantly to her bones: Not yet! Not yet, there's still time!
Debby's eyes open amid a chaotic storm. It takes more than some seawater to kill an Immortal.

Spoiler: realms of the world (click to show/hide)

(OP edited: Added waitlist and rules for no roll actions and vs actions.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 06:28:07 pm by Egan_BW »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 07:05:38 pm »

"..."

Secondary - Aum fishes Debby from the sea and carries her back to the mistlands.

Primary - Once it has swum to the center of the mistlands, Aum closes its eyes and dreams. It allows these dreams to seep out into the mists, attuning them to its essence.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 06:28:35 am by Whisperling »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2023, 07:13:43 pm »

(To be clear, there isn't any land currently in the mistlands. :p )

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2023, 07:15:06 pm »

(To be clear, there isn't any land currently in the mistlands. :p )

Yes. Aum supposes it shall carry her until land appears.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 07:23:56 pm »

(The land in question:)

An inconvenience, surely, but not one that cannot be surmounted. Fragment (Justice? Fragmented Justice? It is unsure.) continues it's ceaseless march.

Secondary Action: Fragment crawls forward, past All The Light Touches, and into The Boundless Black.

Primary Action: Stymied in it's pursuit of Righting The Wrong, Justice takes a moment to correct another that has formed. Rather than cast into uncaring sea, new immortals shall be brought and given a moment's rest upon the shell of Fragment.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2023, 07:44:22 pm »

Ah. A harsher reaction then expected. Perhaps a lighter touch is necessary?

Primary Action: Rip off one of my many tentacles and pour blood onto a large section of the boundless black, creating a dark and cold shifting landmass of squirming flesh. Home sweet home.

Secondary Action: See if I can draw power from acting more chaotic, will that generate more power for me to use?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:08:59 pm by Knightwing64 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2023, 07:46:57 pm »

As an act of creation, building playthings not a possible Secondary action.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2023, 08:50:30 pm »

Jackel sits on his throne in both contemplation and disbelief the pounding in his head slowly returning where could his council have gone? Granted there have been moments where one or two have not arrived when summoned due to them suffering from moments of faintness and as such not able to carry out their duties but for the entire council to not heed a summons is strange indeed is it a conspiracy? Treason? Could that terrible yet oddly familiar orb be the cause of the unexplained absence? Even odder still where are his servants? His guards?!?! Jackel sighs in anguish his headache now reaching a fever point no more must thought be held now is the time for action. "SQUIRE FINDETH ME THE GUARDS ANON MAKETH HASTE!

Primary Action: Summon the guards the defenders of the kingdom and responsible for maintaining law and order throughout the realm less it be reduced to barbarity his personal guards should be around somewhere... right?

Secondary Action: If the guards are successfully summoned have them find the council and bring them to me they must explain their actions and be held accountable! If not go take a walk I shall figure out this matter myself!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 09:04:50 pm »

As an act of creation, building playthings not a possible Secondary action.

Curses

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023, 12:43:36 am »

"..."

Agrok, the first light, the greatest light, the frozen light, the impossible flame, the freezing flame of the ice, the center of the sky, the bright ice, maker of the great flames, lord of all light, builder of the skies, maker of all that goes high, the brightest light, the infinite glow, the one to which light bows, the omnipresent shine, the lord of mirrors and lenses, the shaper of water and ice
Primary: build from water and ice a throne, where when they sit in it center, their light will be seen from the outside brighter and further.
Secondary: They focus their mind and enhance their brightness, taking their rightful place as outshining their creation.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2023, 03:58:10 am »

"Oh shit."
Primary: Debby tries to use the water around her to make a ship, fishing boat, crappy rubber dingy, or any other floating thing to keep her from dying.
Secondary: If that fails just keep swimming and maybe try to make a life preserver ring to aid in the swimming.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2023, 05:02:19 am »

Everyone else: warping reality with nigh omnipotent power

Debby: trying not to drown

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2023, 05:33:04 am »

Everyone else: warping reality with nigh omnipotent power

Debby: trying not to drown
But not drowning is more important right now than warping reality!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2023, 04:02:10 pm »

From beneath does their power burn, rising currents within the sea.

Within the freezing sea, they await blood to be spilled.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 06:41:49 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11