discordant chaos
- 4 (33.3%)
chaotic discord
- 3 (25%)
order 🤓
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Driftwould: Tangled Chaos  (Read 8208 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: All The Light Touches
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2023, 05:24:11 pm »

Blurriest picture I have ever seen

Flip Phone level camera

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: All The Light Touches
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2023, 01:58:45 am »

Kind of looks like something standing there but other than that I have no idea.

Flip phones had better cameras than that at least you could mostly tell what the picture was supposed to be of.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: Brightest; Darkest
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2023, 01:01:27 am »

Epoch III

"Oh shit."
Primary: Debby tries to use the water around her to make a ship, fishing boat, crappy rubber dingy, or any other floating thing to keep her from dying.
Secondary: If that fails just keep swimming and maybe try to make a life preserver ring to aid in the swimming.

Drifting lifeless in the water, and yet still aware. Muscles twitch and burn. And then obey. Life without life.
[Primary: 4]
A sheet of Curious material appears below, wraps itself, and dissolved air streams from the water to fill the cavity. The rubber lifeboat rises up and carries Debby with it to the surface. Here there's plenty of light, but not much in the way of land. The Curious Immortal gazes out to the horizon for any salvation... and spies a stone tower rising up from the waves in the distance. A mirage?

"..."

Secondary - Aum fishes Debby from the sea and carries her back to the mistlands.

Primary - Once it has swum to the center of the mistlands, Aum closes its eyes and dreams. It allows these dreams to seep out into the mists, attuning them to its essence.

[Secondary: that's not a secondary!]
(Usually picking something up on your travels would be trivial enough, but this catch would require a little extra effort in the form of a Primary.)

[Primary: 1]
In the center of the Mistlands, Aum is lulled to sleep. It is not peaceful sleep.

Nightmarish phantasms leech from the Immortal's turning and shivering body, drifting upward, not swimming but echoing through the clear water. The white fog above turns black and fell, possessed of sinister intent.
The corrupt vapor condenses into a massive cloud hovering overhead and begins to swirl as a cyclone. As Aum awakes from fitful dreams, but the nightmare doesn't stop, now freed to act on its own. The Mistlands themselves are... working on something?

An inconvenience, surely, but not one that cannot be surmounted. Fragment (Justice? Fragmented Justice? It is unsure.) continues it's ceaseless march.

Secondary Action: Fragment crawls forward, past All The Light Touches, and into The Boundless Black.

Primary Action: Stymied in it's pursuit of Righting The Wrong, Justice takes a moment to correct another that has formed. Rather than cast into uncaring sea, new immortals shall be brought and given a moment's rest upon the shell of Fragment.

[Secondary: no roll]
The Colossal trundles on. Past the known, into the dark. Where no light reaches, and icebergs still float, untouched by whatever Event first melted the ice.

[Primary: 6]
Fragment sees without seeing something hidden. Not just the world, but the Logic of the world. Delicately it bends the wires, redirects the logic, such that-
One errant twitch, and KABLOOEY!
The delicate wires of Logic twist and break under the Colossal's claws, an earth-shattering slip and they're made all frayed and crooked.

Moments later, a being falls onto its shell. But no immortal; this is... a human? Who the hell did a human get here?
Over the following days, more and more begin to show up, coming from... somewhere!? This might continue for some time...

Ah. A harsher reaction then expected. Perhaps a lighter touch is necessary?

Primary Action: Rip off one of my many tentacles and pour blood onto a large section of the boundless black, creating a dark and cold shifting landmass of squirming flesh. Home sweet home.

Secondary Action: See if I can draw power from acting more chaotic, will that generate more power for me to use?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Logan drifts off over the waves, comfortable enough in this pitch black place.
[Primary: 1]
He rips off one of his limbs and drops it. The ichor drifts off over the water. Ouch, fuck.
Maybe he shouldn't have ripped off one of the big ones... he's bleeding now...

Nope, you can't.

Jackel sits on his throne in both contemplation and disbelief the pounding in his head slowly returning where could his council have gone? Granted there have been moments where one or two have not arrived when summoned due to them suffering from moments of faintness and as such not able to carry out their duties but for the entire council to not heed a summons is strange indeed is it a conspiracy? Treason? Could that terrible yet oddly familiar orb be the cause of the unexplained absence? Even odder still where are his servants? His guards?!?! Jackel sighs in anguish his headache now reaching a fever point no more must thought be held now is the time for action. "SQUIRE FINDETH ME THE GUARDS ANON MAKETH HASTE!

Primary Action: Summon the guards the defenders of the kingdom and responsible for maintaining law and order throughout the realm less it be reduced to barbarity his personal guards should be around somewhere... right?

Secondary Action: If the guards are successfully summoned have them find the council and bring them to me they must explain their actions and be held accountable! If not go take a walk I shall figure out this matter myself!

[Primary: 3]
The 'Guards' trundle in. Crudely crafted suits of plate with silly googly eyes and sticking out woolen tongues. They stumble about foolishly and jump to attention. Still, the King seems quite satisfied with them.

The King shouts for the 'Captain of the Guard', who is gobbling violently on a donut, to go forth and find the council. The 'Captain' salutes, clonking himself in the face with an armored face, and then sprint-stumbles out of the room.

['Guards': 6]
Soon the 'Captain' returns, along with a posse of four other 'Guards'. They have the 'Council' with them! Each of the 'Guards' is wearing a sock puppet representing the Steward, Spymaster, Archbishop, Chancellor, and Marshal.

The sock puppets each bow their heads in unison, begging their king for forgiveness in their previous absence! They were away, uh, at a surprise birthday party for one of the village pigs! The 'Captain' covers its mouth to 'hide' its loud giggling.

"..."

Agrok, the first light, the greatest light, the frozen light, the impossible flame, the freezing flame of the ice, the center of the sky, the bright ice, maker of the great flames, lord of all light, builder of the skies, maker of all that goes high, the brightest light, the infinite glow, the one to which light bows, the omnipresent shine, the lord of mirrors and lenses, the shaper of water and ice
Primary: build from water and ice a throne, where when they sit in it center, their light will be seen from the outside brighter and further.
Secondary: They focus their mind and enhance their brightness, taking their rightful place as outshining their creation.

[Primary: 6]
Agrok the Yeah Yeah Yeah, perhaps emboldened by past displays of competence, casts beams of freezing light down below, instantly hardening a layer of ice. Then this layer rises up, and Agrok sends another volley of beams, printing a throne out of the sea layer by layer.

By the end the throne is glorious... more glorious than Agrok! It shines smugly in the light cast by the Great Star.
"Hello creator. I'm shinier than you, just how it should be. Just watch as all who behold me are dazzled by my elegance and radiance!"

Enraged, Agrok turns within to focus its power. Its perception must be contained, perfect...
[Secondary: 5]
Stumbling about its own mind in search of a solution, it suddenly comes:
DOUBT IS THE ENEMY.
SIMPLY NEVER DOUBT THAT ANYTHING COULD BE BRIGHTER, AND IT WON'T BE.

Renewed, the Impossible Flame blazes incredibly brightly. The water below it boils from the added energy and rises as steam, and the Throne Agrok itself built is sublimating.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2023, 01:21:55 am »

Secondary: use my awesome powers of bleeding tentacle persuasion to convince the humans to stick with me.

Primary: Say fuck it and just create my land of chaos in the mistlands

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2023, 01:38:53 am »

(Ooh. That will be Fun~)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2023, 02:02:53 am »

Good fun or bad fun?

Meh, any type of fun is good fun

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2023, 03:57:14 am »

"Oh thank god I made a boat."
Primary: Debby searches the dingy for anything use full and an oar, if she can't find an oar she'll use some water to make one.
Secondary: Then with or without an oar she starts paddling towards those towers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2023, 04:40:36 am »

Poor Debby

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2023, 05:23:00 am »

Poor Debby
But things are looking up for her, even if she did drown.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2023, 03:17:08 pm »

"You dare proclaim yourself greater then me, your creator, you do not deserve to be a herald to my light but a marker for my strength"

Agrok, the first light, the greatest light, the frozen light, the impossible flame, the freezing flame of the ice, the center of the sky, the bright ice, maker of the great flames, lord of all light, builder of the skies, maker of all that goes high, the brightest light, the infinite glow, the one to which light bows, the omnipresent shine, the lord of mirrors and lenses, the shaper of water and ice , the mighty, the unmaker of sin, the humbeler, the suveyer

Primary action: melt parts and disform the throne until  it glows is reduced
Secondary action: survey the are under the sun, look for land
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2023, 05:13:38 pm »

Aum attempts to wrench its mind from the nightmares and dream of its purpose instead. All shall be well and all shall be well and all shall be well...

It coughs up a pearl filled with these dreams, to ward off the malign power surrounding it

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2023, 05:50:45 pm »

Fragment hears the cries of the beings it has inadvertently brought here, and ponders.

Secondary Action: ...Perhaps it was too hasty about this whole "Light" idea. After all, does the star not give presence to that which had none? Return to All The Light Touches, for the sake of the creatures which now inhabit me.

Primary Action: The flesh of an Immortal, willingly shed, is a powerful thing. Cut into form a shoal of fish from the severed limb of the foolish one, then breathe life to them with one's own blood. This swarm, following in it's creator's wake, will feed the many.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2023, 07:11:25 pm »

More like the many will feed the fish

Chaos plus justice

Wacky combo

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2023, 07:22:34 pm »

Chaos+Justice fish on their way to tear down the Mad's Castle and feed the glories within to the poor.

(There is no Castle, the fish just don't have anything better to do)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2023, 11:01:21 pm »

Jackel stares silently at his 'council' for a brief moment before letting out a sigh of relief "Hmm Has't thee all lost weight? Regardless thanketh the heavens i wast afraid something t'rrible hast hath happened! as thy rightful rul'r i decree yond thee all art f'rgiven aft'r all i und'rstand the imp'rtance of hoyday birthday parties but next timeth doth not leaveth me out of t! Concluded, be it in celebration of thy returneth i decree t is timeth f'r a feast bef're resuming n'rmal duties! All hail the king! ...Oh right almost f'rgot guards thou art cashiered backeth to thy posts thanketh thee f'r thy s'rvice!"

Primary Action: Summon the cooks and servants to make preparation for the feast! All this thinking has me mighty famished and what better way to celebrate the councils return then a good meal!

Secondary Action: The council and I shall head to the Great Hall a feast of legendary proportions shall soon be upon us!

(Leave my castle alone you pagans!)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 06:10:37 pm by Fluffe9911 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11