discordant chaos
- 4 (33.3%)
chaotic discord
- 3 (25%)
order 🤓
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Driftwould: Tangled Chaos  (Read 8577 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: Brightest; Darkest
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2023, 02:45:10 am »

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Something about this game makes me write what feels like a bunch of words. That's good right?
When I ran a game I use words to make the turn, so I assume that having words in it is a good thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2023, 10:50:51 pm »

Hello.

Turn remains equally as halfway done as when I last posted here.
I'm feeling much less sick, which means I should be able to continue updating. This post is in part a way to prompt me to do so.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2023, 11:39:22 pm »

This is nice to see, hate that it's the only active rtd post I've seen in weeks but good to see.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2023, 01:33:39 am »

Huzza it continues!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2023, 02:15:45 am »

!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2023, 05:36:29 am »

🎉

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2023, 06:58:09 am »

:D
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Driftwould: Swoopers and Hotdogs
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2023, 12:50:01 am »

Epoch IIII

Secondary: use my awesome powers of bleeding tentacle persuasion to convince the humans to stick with me.

Primary: Say fuck it and just create my land of chaos in the mistlands

[Secondary: 2]
Under the emerging light of the Great Star, Logan shows himself before the gathering communities of displaced humans. He travels between each of the groups where they are setting up the best shelters they can from the stone and ice. Most of the communities form near the coast where they hope to fish in the sea, though to no success just yet.
His attempts at persuasion meet little success. He can sense the skepticism, the outright mistrust. Mainly they remain tightly grouped and quiet, but a few let slip that trusting sus beings like Logan is how they wound up in such a situation in the first place.

[Primary: No Roll]
(Gonna say you'll at least have to go there before you start terraforming, so this Primary will instead be used for traveling.)
Having thus far stayed close to Fragment's shell, Logan sees the dark cloud out on the horizon and starts to slither off to sea, wriggling awkwardly yet gracefully through the waves. When he arrives at the Mistlands, he finds it a strange place... An odd winged creature dives at him, its mind mad with rage, only to be grabbed out the the air and eviscerated. Logan attempts to sip the creature's blood but the corpse seep into the fog leaving nothing.

Aum attempts to wrench its mind from the nightmares and dream of its purpose instead. All shall be well and all shall be well and all shall be well...

It coughs up a pearl filled with these dreams, to ward off the malign power surrounding it

[Primary: 3]
An orb of comfort, of assurance. Nightmares swirl around it, threatening, yet unable to snuff out that light. That tiny light. But a candle lit in the abyss.

[Dark Cloud: 3]
Strange beings descend from the clouds. Their forms poorly defined and inconsistent, but always flapping about on frightful veiny wings. A few dive, screaming, to attack Aum and seize its orb, but the weak creatures are easily dispatched by tail slaps and dreams of death, dissolving back into the nightmare except where they're trapped by the orb's light. There, unable to escape, they lie broken and the light of the pearl devours them, its candle-flame growing nigh imperceptibly stronger for it.

Fragment hears the cries of the beings it has inadvertently brought here, and ponders.

Secondary Action: ...Perhaps it was too hasty about this whole "Light" idea. After all, does the star not give presence to that which had none? Return to All The Light Touches, for the sake of the creatures which now inhabit me.

Primary Action: The flesh of an Immortal, willingly shed, is a powerful thing. Cut into form a shoal of fish from the severed limb of the foolish one, then breathe life to them with one's own blood. This swarm, following in it's creator's wake, will feed the many.

[Secondary: no roll]
Light returns, bringing with it heat, and the melting of the frost. Yet, the realm of light also brings with it huge storms and lightning. The humans find shelter among gaps between the massive stone plates of the Colossus's shell, but they lack any other sort of building material besides whatever they brought with them. Many humans opt to sacrifice their clothing to use the cloth as a material to somewhat insulate their makeshift dwellings among the rocks.
Fragment takes care to stay near the outer ring of All The Light Touches, for near the center the light is bright and incinerating from Agrok's quite unmatched luminescence, which would be unhealthy for organic non-immortals to be around.

[Primary: 5]
Seeing the limb in question wriggling in the sea, Fragment fishes it out gingerly and tinkers with it while journeying into the light. The thing nearly managed to slip away and escape, and already features several "buds" growing on it. Would it have grown into an entire new chaos spawn if left to fester?
It may never be known. The flesh is carved apart into even sections, left to rise, divided again, molded and bathed in Fragment's lifeblood, divided again, and finally released to the sea to rehydrate.

The resulting shoal is watched closely for any form of defect, considering the... questionable providence provided by the base material. And yet, the tiny protofish perform admirably. They grow quickly even in a sea devoid of nourishment and, before growing too large, split apart into two equal fish. Naturally, they quickly multiply and fill the coastal area. As the fish grow and split and grow and split, some slight variance can be noticed. Perhaps they will evolve or speciate given enough time.
While protofish are not predatory, instead just growing and multiplying from residual essential energy, they are attracted towards scraps of flesh floating in the water. This serves the purpose of keeping the water clear of detritus from dead fish or other creatures.
It also helps the Humans to fish them more easily, as once one protofish is caught and gutted its flesh can be used as bait to attract more. Those settlements near the coast flourish, or at least are glad to not be starving. Groups which gathered higher up and away from the coasts soon catch word and begin to migrate to where the food is. Thankfully, there's enough protofish available for all humans to eat, at least for now.

"You dare proclaim yourself greater then me, your creator, you do not deserve to be a herald to my light but a marker for my strength"

Agrok

Primary action: melt parts and disform the throne until  it glows is reduced
Secondary action: survey the are under the sun, look for land

"..."
[Primary: 6]
Boiling bolts of magnificence scream geometrically from Agrok, selectively annihilating parts of The Throne, destroying a beautiful thing. I hope you're happy.
Especially because those beams immediately escape Agrok's grasp, darting about the world at light-speed intent to destroy anything beautiful they come across. Oddly, none of them attack the Immortals.

As for the Throne, it now resembles nothing more than a gargantuan mound of ice. Any trace of worksgodship or inner power is gone, leaving something which strongly resembles a natural formation which some foolish mortal might be awe-struck by, declaring it a throne fit for a god. But it's not.

The world remains empty, devoid of land masses except for those listed in the chronicle below. At least now you know that for sure!

"Oh thank god I made a boat."
Primary: Debby searches the dingy for anything use full and an oar, if she can't find an oar she'll use some water to make one.
Secondary: Then with or without an oar she starts paddling towards those towers.

[Primary: no roll]
There's nothing around to use. Absolutely nothing but water and water and water on the open sea for what might just be infinity around her. But Debby quickly finds that she can shape that water very easily and obtains an oar made from solidified water. Something so simple is easily within grasp.

Armed with an appropriate implement which is itself a thing of the waves, Debby makes good time sailing to her destination, merely taking a few days of light work to arrive at the strange structure. Not that days have much meaning here in All The Light Touches, where the Great Star burns, well, night and day.

When she arrives she finds no land, just the castle jutting oddly out of the sea, not moving with its waves and currents. She docks her boat at the gate, securing it with a rope of woven water, and steps inside. An odd metallic creature with googly eyes salutes her and lets her inside in a mockery of security.

Soon she finds herself in a great dining hall filled with more of those armored creatures, some of them holding little sock puppets. They're all pretending to eat the food arrayed on the table, which is just row after row of uncooked hot dogs without buns. At the head of the table is a stranger creature still. A man with completely marble white skin dressed in rich robes. The golden crown upon his head is... fused into his skull.
Debby feels an odd aura of dreamlike wonder, as if anything could happen. And perhaps it shall. Still, such a creature as this is surely very powerful, best to proceed with some caution.

Jackel stares silently at his 'council' for a brief moment before letting out a sigh of relief "Hmm Has't thee all lost weight? Regardless thanketh the heavens i wast afraid something t'rrible hast hath happened! as thy rightful rul'r i decree yond thee all art f'rgiven aft'r all i und'rstand the imp'rtance of hoyday birthday parties but next timeth doth not leaveth me out of t! Concluded, be it in celebration of thy returneth i decree t is timeth f'r a feast bef're resuming n'rmal duties! All hail the king! ...Oh right almost f'rgot guards thou art cashiered backeth to thy posts thanketh thee f'r thy s'rvice!"

Primary Action: Summon the cooks and servants to make preparation for the feast! All this thinking has me mighty famished and what better way to celebrate the councils return then a good meal!

Secondary Action: The council and I shall head to the Great Hall a feast of legendary proportions shall soon be upon us!

[Primary: 3]
Plans are set and measured. Ingredients gathered. The invisible hands of the Castle set to work, building, gathering, cooking. After a week of toil, the feast is ready.

[Secondary: you don't really even need an action to go somewhere inside your own castle you know these turns are like a week right]
The food isn't even that good, but the gossip is legendary. All of the guards and the council and some extra unimportant characters gather together and eat and talk and be merry and most importantly enjoy the grace of the King.

Then Jackel sees something unusual. Someone he hasn't seen before. A woman with the head of a deer and wearing odd, alien clothes and jewelry of metal.
Even his addled mind can detect something different about this character, which might be the fact that she's a god or maybe just that she's not a figment of his imagination. Either way it might be best to approach this situation with care.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: Swoopers and Hotdogs
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2023, 01:30:24 am »

[Secondary: you don't really even need an action to go somewhere inside your own castle you know these turns are like a week right]
(Well aware just didn't think up anything to do for my secondary action at the time.)

(@King Zultan) Jackel for a brief second stares at his new guest in both fascination and confusion before collecting himself Uhhum! welcometh! welcometh to mine own domain! might not but sayeth thee behold not liketh one of mine own subjects... but the guards alloweth thee in so thee wilt beest imp'rtant! beest thee a f'reign gentle? the main course? a gleek'r p'rhaps? ah regardless i am getting ahead of myself taketh a seat taketh a seat! i'm sure th're is much we can learneth from eachoth'r conv'rsation reveals all aft'r... all! The king laughs

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2023, 01:47:26 am »

Aum dives beneath the waves, so that the water above it might act as a buffer against the imps.

It feeds the pearl more of its dreams.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2023, 05:38:10 am »

(@King Zultan) Jackel for a brief second stares at his new guest in both fascination and confusion before collecting himself Uhhum! welcometh! welcometh to mine own domain! might not but sayeth thee behold not liketh one of mine own subjects... but the guards alloweth thee in so thee wilt beest imp'rtant! beest thee a f'reign gentle? the main course? a gleek'r p'rhaps? ah regardless i am getting ahead of myself taketh a seat taketh a seat! i'm sure th're is much we can learneth from eachoth'r conv'rsation reveals all aft'r... all! The king laughs
Debby looks around cautiously before finally taking a seat in one of the chairs.
"Hello your majesty...     I'm not really sure where I am or how I got here....     all I know is that I woke up almost drowning in the ocean and I think I made a dingy or I found it, I have no idea where it came from but I used it to save myself then rowed it here after seeing the castle....   

Also I'm not sure if I'm important or not but your guard let me in anyway."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2023, 08:04:08 am »

Debby looks around cautiously before finally taking a seat in one of the chairs.
"Hello your majesty...     I'm not really sure where I am or how I got here....     all I know is that I woke up almost drowning in the ocean and I think I made a dingy or I found it, I have no idea where it came from but I used it to save myself then rowed it here after seeing the castle....   

Also I'm not sure if I'm important or not but your guard let me in anyway."
(@King Zultan) Jackel imagines her rowing a boat on land toward his castle and laughs "Hahahaha! A boat!" Jackel nearly falls out of his chair in laughter "Hahahaha! Yond is one of the funniest quip i ev'r hath heard! thy in Luvinsky of course most prosp'rous kingdom in all the realms! s'riously though nay m're jests what kingdom doth thee cometh from and what is thy purpose h're? beest thee from Praepia to the east? Or a representative of Drizodian to the south h're to finally admiteth to Luvinsky sup'ri'rity!... God how i misprise the Drizodians! waiteth waiteth i knoweth thy a gentle from the Codel empire aren't thee? those gents at each moment loveth their eccentricity and wouldst pray pardon me thy unique fashion! Or haply some far of exotic kingdom i nev'r hath heard of! Ohh the suspense is killing me! bid me anon!" The King looks at you expectantly for a satisfying answer.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2023, 10:25:44 am »

(Grumble grumble grumble)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2023, 01:33:15 pm »

(Grumble grumble grumble)
(Burn fire burn)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2023, 02:45:24 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11