discordant chaos
- 4 (33.3%)
chaotic discord
- 3 (25%)
order 🤓
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Driftwould: Tangled Chaos  (Read 8607 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Driftwould: Tangled Chaos
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:32:25 am »

(Inspired by nostalgia for the glorious Sand & Souls. So let's just shamelessly copy that and see what we get!)

If it's not clear from that statement, this is an RTD god game. You play as beings with broad powers of creation which are still physical and killable.

Spoiler: mechanics (click to show/hide)

Cold. Cramped. Frozen.
Even as your body and essence are encased and helpless, your perception is free of bounds and wanders and charts.
The world is comprised of two halves. One is frozen water; ice. In this impossibly cold medium you are frozen. Below is more ice, on and on and more and more ice below.
Above is the air. The sky. On and on and forever more sky above. Yet the sky is dark and blank.
Will this be forever, you wonder. Were you meant to be stuck here, observing the cracks in the ice, gazing at the black sky, forever?

Of course not.

From boundless below, heat trickles, suffuses up and up. Ice melts, churning into infinitely more chaotic streams of water.
Your essence is freed from the cold and quickly spikes into a body, a warm home, a tool of creation. And you float to the top of the chilly sea.

This world is barren and cold, but you hold the means to change that.

Just who are you?
Spoiler: fill this pls~ (click to show/hide)

(Taking first five-ish sheets. Updates when I have spoons available for updating.)

Spoiler: waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:11:29 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 01:50:55 am »

After over a year Jackel finally gets a chance to shine!

Spoiler:  Jackel Luvinsky (click to show/hide)

(Obligatory song as usual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsb4I0NYYYM)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 04:00:41 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 02:05:56 am »

Name: Agrok, the first light, the greatest light, the frozen light, the impossible flame, the freezing flame if the ice, the center of the sky, the bright ice.
Body: A floating giant frozen flame
Essence: Light
Purpose: Spreading life and light across the plane
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 02:20:10 am »

Name: Debby
Body: A female humanoid with the head of a deer that's wearing a plain clothing and several bits of jewelry made from random bits of metal.
Essence: Curiosity
Purpose: Seen new places meet new people
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 02:38:29 am »

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:18:01 am »

Spoiler: Fragment (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 08:51:38 am »

Take first 6 sheets pls

Name: Logan the Last
Body: Squirming mass of black tentacles in a humanoid shape.
Essence: Chaos
Purpose: Logan lives to spread chaos, and derives entertainment from suffering and wacky shenanigans.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 07:26:59 pm by Knightwing64 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 02:02:09 pm »

Epoch I

First to drift to the surface, Jackel Luvinsky The Hermit King stands atop the water's surface, gazing over his demesne with a steady, yet vacant, gaze. Conforming to his delirium, the waves ripple rear up and fold together into a solid castle around him. Jackel Luvinsky gazes over the dark churning waves from atop his tower. It is good.

Next, Agrok the First Light emerges from the darkness and hovers over it all, crackling coldly, bringing light by its mere presence. For leagues around, the see seas light for the first time under the realm of The Impossible Flame.

Debby washes up, gasping and paddling for dear life on the dark waves. Her quite terrestrial body not adapted for such and environment. Still, even struggling for life, she observes the world inquisitively, illuminated by the strange flame over-head.

Aum wiggles in the deep, at home in the water. It blinks sleepily, observing the world as it is. It sees emptiness and potential. And then Aum takes a little nap.

Fragment rises to the top, its many legs stroking the water to stay aloft. The water resists and floods over its body in great torrential floods, draining back down to the surface. When all settles a day later, Fragment could be called the first land mass on the sea, stony and frozen over.

Logan, the... Last crawls up onto the shore. A mass of arms, he gazes without eyes over the vast expanse of Fragment, stony crags and permafrost.

(KW, please fix your formatting and pick an Essence besides madness, as that's already taken by Jackel.)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 03:43:54 pm »

Agrok, the first light, the greatest light, the frozen light, the impossible flame, the freezing flame of the ice, the center of the sky, the bright ice, maker of the great flames, lord of all light, builder of the skies, maker of all that goes high create the great star of the world, an enormous flame of blue light high above the ice shining bright, but less so then Agrok, the first light themselves

(Yes, I lengthen my name, yes it is in relation to the current action that hasn't been rolled yet)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 04:06:43 pm »

Name: Tim
Body: A plain looking humanpod with hair of brown and demonic spikes in their hair.
Essence: Demons, bonded and fed. Fire, everlasting and unending.
Purpose: Burn.

Burn the water, burn the earth, burn the sky. Let fire fill the horizons, and weather be born from the ash.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 04:21:01 pm »

Jackel from his high tower stares outwards at his domain he does not see a dark blank icy expanse but rather a sunny bustling prosperous city where people go about their day to day in happiness all thanks to his efforts, his head starts pounding and the king starts to shiver his mind only able to carry on the strain of such a potent delusion for so long so reluctantly he tears his gaze away from his domain and retreats from his tower back into his throne room a king can not dally after all and their are many matters which need his attention. "Squire summon the council t is timeth a meeting beest did hold on the matters of the kingdom!

Primary Action: Summon The Council they will be the Kings personal advisors they are responsible for matters which the King himself should not have to bother himself with. This includes a Steward, Spymaster, Archbishop, Chancellor, and Marshal. While they will look normal to the King and others who suffer from his same brand of madness this will not be the case for the average mortal or deity.

Secondary Action: Idly admire the throne room while I wait
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 04:25:33 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwould: Thaw
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 07:22:27 pm »

Aum stirs. This light disturbs it. How can one rest when a glittering thing flits across the sky?

It surfaces, bringing with it a mouthful of water, and spits mist into the air.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 07:36:13 pm »

Fixed.

Logan laughs, a odd and disturbing noise from a mass of black inky tentacles, but don’t let him hear you say that.

Primary Action: Transform nearby environment into my domain, a chaotic mix of different types of landscapes that shift and move constantly. It is populated by newly created servants called Acubi, a human-like species who grow black tentacles with age.

Secondary Action: Research my powers and how they work. What can I do? How can I do this? What am I?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 08:03:13 pm »

Heave. The colossal being stirs into motion, shattering the ice which had formed around it’s frozen shell.

Primary: Fragment casts the shattered remains of the ice upwards, the first step of many to righting the greatest wrong.

Secondary: It walks onwards into the grand nothingness of the sea, the water churning in it’s wake.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 03:12:49 am »

*the sounds of panic and trying not to drown while swimming*

Primary: Debby swims towards the nearest shore and drags herself onto it.
Secondary: Look around the shore line ans see where I find myself.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11