Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Champion  (Read 1191 times)

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Champion
« on: January 30, 2023, 01:31:17 am »

I have an extremely skilled axeman teacher, who's been with my fort since day 1.
I've appointed it champion some time ago.
Wiki says that he just goes around and shares his knowledge.
How does it work? As far as I see he kinda teaches guys from his squad, but does not do anything champion-related when off duty.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Champion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 03:39:43 pm »

The way I understand it only the militia captains in the squads can actually lead demonstrations. The exception is the champion which also can. Thats it.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 04:28:33 pm »

The way I understand it only the militia captains in the squads can actually lead demonstrations. The exception is the champion which also can. Thats it.
That isn't true.  Anyone in the squad can lead a demonstration.  You can observe this yourself early on before the dwarfs get too experienced.  You can have multiple demonstrations happening simultaneously within the same squad.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 05:50:42 pm »

The very disturbing biting demonstrations, led by a cook/squaddie, are definitely not run by their captain. I have this mental image of all these dorfs gnashing teeth at each other while standing in a circle... Unless he brought some snack from his day-job for them to practice on I guess.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 06:28:59 am »

The very disturbing biting demonstrations, led by a cook/squaddie, are definitely not run by their captain. I have this mental image of all these dorfs gnashing teeth at each other while standing in a circle... Unless he brought some snack from his day-job for them to practice on I guess.

Funny thing is that a biting demonstration can plausibly happen in a real life self defense class.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 02:24:07 pm »

Funny thing is that a biting demonstration can plausibly happen in a real life self defense class.

Sure, doesn't stop it from being creepy though.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!