Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Historical Figures?  (Read 466 times)

Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Historical Figures?
« on: January 31, 2023, 06:44:15 pm »

Is there a mod or setting that makes every living creature a historical figure. If not is it possible to make a mod for this.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Historical Figures?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 11:10:57 pm »

There's a setting in Detailed Worldgen that removes the cap on the number of historical figures. That's about as close as you can get.
Will slow your world generation down a lot.

Change "Population cap after civ creation" to -1
(Or [TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION: -1] if you're editing worldgen settings directly.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:15:37 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Historical Figures?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 12:21:39 am »

You've gotta ask yourself if it's worth doing though.
I'm playing a medium region, 165 years, with the pop cap increased from 15000 to 45000. I get a lot of historical figures, tons of interaction between all my civs. Loads to work through.
A quick look at the population export list shows me that I have 99910 historical figures of which 50436 are living. That's loads. Could spend years browsing the history of some of my thousand year old worlds.

On the other hand the total population of living goblins alone currently is 73402. Do I really want all of them to be historical figures?

And don't forget animals can become historical figures too. If there were a mod to really make everything historical I don't think worldgen would ever end. My current world has 32 historical alligators of 4392, 34 historical trolls of 340,056, 12 historical plump helmet men of 649,870....