Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interface (bottom dig/construct/build menu) - Steam version  (Read 762 times)

TankerM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Interface (bottom dig/construct/build menu) - Steam version
« on: February 10, 2023, 02:14:41 pm »

Are there any specific plans regarding improving the game interface in general and its bottom in-game dig/construct/build menu for the Steam version?

Is the bottom in-game dig/construct/build menu hardcoded or can it be modded/configured somehow? (not tiles, but the menu/sub-menu structure)

I tried, but found myself unable to find this information.
I am also not sure that this is the correct forum section for the questions. Any advice will be appreciated.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Interface (bottom dig/construct/build menu) - Steam version
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:13:59 am »

You might ask the modding section about the bar, because I don't know. If it's just rewired from 47.0 and earlier, that means you can't add any new buttons down there, but the sub-menues will be automatically expanded/adjusted if you remove or add workshops.

As for improvements, I haven't heard anything - it depends on Toady and now Putnam's focuses. Clearly Putnam is working on performance and porting, so perhaps Toady will take another crack at tweaking the UI. I wouldn't be surprised if adventure mode comes with a fortress mode UI tweak, but I don't think we'll see anything drastically different.