Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Space Race.  (Read 544 times)

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
The Space Race.
« on: July 01, 2023, 04:35:53 pm »

Did you know that the original voyagers of the universe hated the land they came from?

I know you would make me happy.

And I escape.

And did you know, that it was just a big joke?

They hated life.  That's the only thing that made this world bearable.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 04:40:40 pm by hedgerow »

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Space Race.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 04:57:28 pm »

...                                                                                                                                                                                                       ...                                                                                                                                                                                                       ...                                                                                                                                                                                                       ...                                                                                                                                                                                                       ...                                                                                                                                                                                                       ...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 02:24:14 am »

?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 03:01:36 am »

A   Space    Race

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 03:31:50 am »

Well at least he was positing in a dwarven fashion.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 05:16:39 am »

Scoops? Is this you?

(I was actually wandering back to the Space Thread, still pondering whether to post something there, when I spotted this.)

((And now I've decided it isn't worth posting my other something anywhere serious. It was just a complaint that, in discussing the newest space telescope, news people keep asking how they can see things so far away as how they were so-many-billion years ago, and the reply almost always fails to say that it's that they must see them as they were that long ago, if at all. It nearly always comes out sounding like an exciting option... perhaps even to compare against what they look like 'now'. I know they don't actually say this (usually, though any accompanying "we can watch galaxies evolving" sounds more like a biologist with fruit-flies than even a paleontologist with fossil-beds) but it sometimes seems like it could be.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 04:37:35 pm »

qhata going on
where os this
what is thos
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2023, 09:01:46 pm »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2023, 04:32:34 pm »

Did you know that the original voyagers of the universe hated the land they came from?

I know you would make me happy.

And I escape.

And did you know, that it was just a big joke?

They hated life.  That's the only thing that made this world bearable.
Relevant: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/avi-loeb-harvard-professor-alien-technology-fragments/

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2023, 03:44:44 pm »

Just listened to the audiobook of When the heavens went on sale this week on a long road trip, and its completely wild the sheer amount of space stuff advances that has been going on in the last decade that I had no clue about.

The book only has a small bit of time focused to the normal big names like Space X or Amazon's space program and the rest is devoted to talking about all the other crazy rocket people and the companies they've founded, and all the technological advances (eg. the vast advances to modern space camera satellites allowing for a network that takes a picture of everywhere on earth multiple times per day) I never knew even really existed or that were due to them.

Good book, especially since the reporter author had some truly amazing access.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.