Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Reactions to Chinese White Balloon of AI Awareness  (Read 19169 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reactions to Chinese White Balloon of AI Awareness
« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2023, 10:15:13 pm »

What is a context limit? and roughly how big it is?
4000 words/punctuation with ChatGPT, 32000 with GPT-4. It can't write huge programs for this reason.

From what I understood context limit is how much information ChatGPT can retain through out the conversation i.e. Cthulhu instruction get too long it will confuse the AI. I was wondering what if I don't care for conversation and just for one time very long output e.g. "provide the full text of --insert some free novel--" or in ourcase produce something based on something at gitbhub.

I just tried it myself but unfortunately there seem to be character limit per message, I can push it to continue, but then context limit is at play as you said. Intresting.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2023, 07:28:18 am »

Ultimately GPT just works with a 1-dimensional string of tokens, which are IDs that translate into bits of text similar (but not the same as) syllables.  So it looks at the string as it stands and picks a token it thinks goes next based on its training data.  So whatever you're seeing on screen is just for your benefit, it doesn't think in paragraphs or even in English, and things like lorebooks or memory aids you see in stuff like NovelAI and AI Dungeon are just part of the UI, internally they're just stuck onto the 1d string.

So the context is only so many tokens long and past that point the oldest tokens fall off and it forgets them, and they no longer have any influence on its output.

I think if you broke a program up into small enough chunks, doing the systems engineering type parts of it and building the architecture of the program, you could probably get GPT to make a significant chunk of the total program by taking the functions it makes and unifying them.

Just bearing in mind it won't remember what it's done so you'll probably have to do a lot of cleanup on the interoperability of its components, and be very detailed in your descriptions.
Shoes...

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2023, 02:35:54 pm »

Is this an AI thread now?  :P

Anyways, I ended up getting free usage of the GPT-4 API through something called Spellbook, by ScaleAI.
Definitely a special promo or something, but it's totally free usage right now.

I bet the company will throw the paywall back up by end of this weekend? Maybe tonight? Who knows, they haven't said anything concrete. For now, I'm having fun generating thousands of tokens of AI nonsense until they turn off free demo mode
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 18, 2023, 01:16:07 am »

I've been going wild with it.  GPT-4 is unbelievable, I'm a true believer.  If I went back in time and showed last year's me what GPT-4 can do I wouldn't believe me, and I bet if next year's me came here and showed present me what GPT-n can do I wouldn't believe him.  We're hitting the vertical part of the sigmoid curve I think, shit's going to be nuts.

Lately I've been having it make Seinfeld stuff, dunno why that in particular, but trying to push its limits by putting really strange stuff in and seeing if it can write it.

Shoes...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2023, 01:53:58 am »

Strange how the conversation here sifted from white balloons of doom to AI generated stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 18, 2023, 04:22:08 am »

Maybe the balloons were just a bubble?

(Alternately, the balloons are agressively protecting themselves, diverting conversation away from them, for nefari*choke splutter ...collapses*)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 18, 2023, 08:03:38 am »

The balloon is a lie.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 18, 2023, 09:33:14 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2023, 02:47:50 am »

Oh no they're sending their attack balloons, everybody run!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2023, 09:30:13 pm »

dadgpt, is there sand on venus? tell me more bedtime stories but avoid repetition
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2023, 10:47:11 pm »

Yeah, it's gonna be a few years before GPT replaces editors.

Or...GPT should run its output through an AI editor before sharing?  :o

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 20, 2023, 05:47:44 am »

Strange how the conversation here sifted from white balloons of doom to AI generated stuff.
A little aye.
But we've needed a general AI thread for a while now, all the mini threads kept coming up. I thought about making one myself or asking Euchre to make one since he's the thread maker around here.
Is this an AI thread now?  :P

Anyways, I ended up getting free usage of the GPT-4 API through something called Spellbook, by ScaleAI.
Definitely a special promo or something, but it's totally free usage right now.

I bet the company will throw the paywall back up by end of this weekend? Maybe tonight? Who knows, they haven't said anything concrete. For now, I'm having fun generating thousands of tokens of AI nonsense until they turn off free demo mode
When stuff like this comes out the first time there is usually a lot of money in the field and you can get stuff for free that a few years later are trying to monetize.
Thanks for the name, definitley testing it out.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 21, 2023, 01:05:31 am »

But we've needed a general AI thread for a while now, all the mini threads kept coming up.

Not just that. The forum has dozens of active threads for people to socialize and random thoughts, but very few active ones for specific interest and these are roughly correlate to the worlds balloons (America\EU pol, Ukraine war, police brutality and LGBTQ). I thought to use it as more general thread for geopolitics but people are more interested in technology so here where we at (although I still going to steer it in that direction when there are lull in the conversation)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 21, 2023, 03:15:55 am »

I thought we had an AI thread at one point tough, guess it doesn't matter in the end since we're here talking about AI right now.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28