Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 50.07 Released  (Read 20858 times)

FrankVill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 50.07 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 05:33:46 pm »

Fixed the arena.txt in the zip itself now too.
Looks like init/arena.txt was not updated by mistake in classic.

Replace the contents with this file to get it to work right: https://pastebin.com/T1U7LEsY

Thank you! :) Now it is working well.

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 08:06:59 am »

It is always nice to see an update released, thanks!

I'd like to quote/reiterate things said a couple [locked] release threads ago:
I am thankful for the "save without quitting" option,
Would pay for a Mac Linux version ;D
and i too would like the option of using the original/old keyboard menu control/ui setup shortcuts I got used to using over these many years past.
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2023, 05:48:43 pm »

It is always nice to see an update released, thanks!

I'd like to quote/reiterate things said a couple [locked] release threads ago:
I am thankful for the "save without quitting" option,
Would pay for a Mac Linux version ;D
and i too would like the option of using the original/old keyboard menu control/ui setup shortcuts I got used to using over these many years past.
It's not an option, unfortunately, it's a whole new version of the game Toady would have to make and maintain. So not likely to happen any time soon.
One day when the whole thing is perfectly customizable, someone will mod in the old system (minus all of the changes to the game since 47.05 of course).

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2023, 03:59:56 am »

What happened to the Linux version? I cannot find it anywhere for any of the recent releases.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2023, 09:48:54 am »

What happened to the Linux version? I cannot find it anywhere for any of the recent releases.
Linux and Mac releases are forthcoming. Toady decided he needed a real programmer to keep those two version maintained, rather than relying on volunteers and not really knowing enough about what was going into them. So, since he's a millionaire now, he hired one.

Step one is upgrading the game to SDL2, next step is getting the Linux and Mac ports out.

So, have patience. Coming soon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2023, 03:12:07 pm »

See also:
Q: When will there be Mac/ Linux support?

Sometime in 2023! We’ve already contacted a trusted programmer who will be looking into it, while Tarn works towards our other roadmap items. Wish us luck!

And it's worth noting that many people have reported success running the Windows build under Wine, Proton, etc. (including myself)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

buddycounts

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2023, 11:06:19 pm »

Sad that we can't control critters in the arena yet, but understandable
Less understandable is the fact that selecting equipments is now worse than before

It would be better if you could save equipment sets so you dont have to remake them

ITKozak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 05:44:50 am »

Is there any info about Legends export for Steam/Premium version? Tried to make dfhack and legends viewer to work when noticed that export XML doesn't even present in current release yet.

Anyhow really pleased with Steam/Premium release so far! It's much more easier to convince friend to try DF now!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2023, 03:52:01 pm »

Is there any info about Legends export for Steam/Premium version? Tried to make dfhack and legends viewer to work when noticed that export XML doesn't even present in current release yet.

Anyhow really pleased with Steam/Premium release so far! It's much more easier to convince friend to try DF now!
Toady mentioned it several times. He runs a monthly Q&A called Future of the Fortress where people ask about this stuff. You can find it in the "DF General Discussion" forum here. It's not gone, just needs a button adding and a display that says "please wait".

Iklistkel

• Bay Watcher
  • Give-me a dam pint of wine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2023, 05:35:20 pm »

Anyone knows how to use the classic 16x16 tilesets? or if it even work?
Iklistkel is just a crazy head made nickname.
Call me Balin ... and give me here that pint, let me full it up of
mushroom wine.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 06:13:14 pm »

Anyone knows how to use the classic 16x16 tilesets? or if it even work?
Exactly the same as you did before. The 16x16 curses set is included with the game. (set the tileset to use curses_square_16x16.png in data/init/init_default).
Right now you can't swap between graphics and non-graphics mode if you use the 16x16 set though. Not that you need to.

I seem to recall it cuts off the info menu on the right side during worldgen for some reason. But it appears for embark, so no problem.

Arena mode comparison:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 06:26:01 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

RogerMurray

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2023, 10:10:17 am »

Thanks for sharing
Pages: 1 [2]