Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 27110 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Three
« Reply #690 on: March 11, 2023, 12:21:11 pm »

@Fluffe: If you get a win as Mafia, you are contracturally obligated to play 5 more Mafia games on this forum.
If I get a win as Town, you are contractually obligated to admit to being a big dumb dumb.
@EuchreJack

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #691 on: March 11, 2023, 12:26:48 pm »

Shout outs to NQT for calling the mafia team before dying.

Shout outs to Jim for saving me on both D2 and D3.

Shout outs to Fluffe for doing well in their first forum mafia game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 11, 2023, 01:16:58 pm »

That was a pretty interesting game. Having the mafia team playing with unique win conditions and having to play around the mafia working towards their unique win condition was fun and maybe different win conditions than the usual might make for interesting gameplay in the future.

It feels weird to celebrate a win because the mafia self-eliminated though. Three people got confirmed on Day 3 because of how the setup works and because of role claims, so I'm not surprised to see a concession here since that looks really rough to play around.

Good game though.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 11, 2023, 04:37:25 pm »

Well, thanks for playing, everyone - I know joining an untested open setup is a bit of a risk. Here are some brief thoughts on how it went, would appreciate anyone else's thoughts or suggestions.

The game was slightly too swingy, especially because losing one mafia member lowered the chance of a mafia win far too much, as Web pointed out. The team-kill gambit was impressive, but I think web and Max felt a bit more forced into it than I'd have liked... I think it would have been better to allow the last person in each section to self-target, so scum could self-kill and roots could self-protect. This would make play a bit more stable.

I'm not sure if the mass roleclaim/confirms D3 were overpowered - as people noted, if the last scum was outside of Jack/webadict, it would have been game over for town, as revealing information is potentially pretty deadly. As it happened, scum had a very good idea of which roles people had by that point anyway, so it didn't actually hurt town, and did really narrow down the pool of suspects. I'm not sure if this is a genuine imbalance, or just the result of both scum and town massively escalating the situation N2 and D3 - I'd appreciate any input on that.

The night game only proved important once or twice - Toony's block on Web, Jim's confirm on Toony - so broadly speaking, town won by finding other town in the day. Everyone played a fine nightgame, people showing a lot of self-restraint in action use, and acting based on a pretty good assessment of people's roles. Shoutout to Tric for hitting scum N2, even if it didn't end up helping.

Spoiler: action summary (click to show/hide)

Scumchat will be posted at discretion of mafia.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 11, 2023, 04:59:09 pm »

You know, I'm a little miffed.
Half of all the players will think I'm scum if I'm helpful and engaged, while the other half will think I'm scum if I'm selfish and shady! What do you people want from me, anyway?

We came really close to backing out of the sacrifice plan at the last minute. I think we absolutely should have. Tric blocking me and mafia killing anyway would probably have been enough to get me off the hook d3, and it turned out that, while we had a pretty good idea about roles, we were wrong about the 'last one' of every type, so we didn't have as solid a plan as we'd hoped. If our guess about the roles had been right, we would have won - we thought Jack was the last root.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 11, 2023, 07:25:00 pm »

@Fluffe: If you get a win as Mafia, you are contracturally obligated to play 5 more Mafia games on this forum.
If I get a win as Town, you are contractually obligated to admit to being a big dumb dumb.
@EuchreJack
@Jim: Can I borrow your dunce cap?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 11, 2023, 07:27:44 pm »

You know, I'm a little miffed.
Half of all the players will think I'm scum if I'm helpful and engaged, while the other half will think I'm scum if I'm selfish and shady! What do you people want from me, anyway?

We came really close to backing out of the sacrifice plan at the last minute. I think we absolutely should have. Tric blocking me and mafia killing anyway would probably have been enough to get me off the hook d3, and it turned out that, while we had a pretty good idea about roles, we were wrong about the 'last one' of every type, so we didn't have as solid a plan as we'd hoped. If our guess about the roles had been right, we would have won - we thought Jack was the last root.

I'm redeemed!
...like seriously, what flaws of logic lead you to that conclusion?

Could we pretty please have the mafia logs?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 11, 2023, 11:19:06 pm »

Absolutely.

I'll never ask you for it back.

Spoiler: Here you go. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 11:54:38 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 12, 2023, 11:26:30 am »

I was wondering how Webadict was going to argue Tric was mafia.
I wasn't.  I was going to claim being Root.  And then I was gonna be voted out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 12, 2023, 12:02:11 pm »

One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2023, 04:14:01 pm »

Absolutely.

I'll never ask you for it back.

Spoiler: Here you go. (click to show/hide)
Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]