Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 32877 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day One
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2023, 03:34:10 am »

Tric is 90% town. I don't think he's fooling me.

I'm like 80% sure Jim is town. Maybe my second most confident read after Tric.

Jack is like 70% town. I haven't seen any clear "yeah this is obviously town Jack", but they also haven't said anything alarming which I think is a lot more valuable.

Everyone else (Web, Max, NQT, Fluffe) is around 50% but I don't see anything vote worthy.

If a1s isn't mafia then I think our two mafia are inside these four players currently.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2023, 03:37:34 am »

Today, I want to know who Tric thinks is scum.
NQT, Max, Jack
If I use the Tric radar test, then mafia are inside Web, Fluffe, and a1s.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2023, 05:48:52 am »

NQT, Max, Jack
I think you're forgetting to factor in "Tric is so wrong he's right", which means one of Tric's guesses is probably mafia.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia (9/9)
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2023, 05:54:47 am »

Oh right, this is going on.

So far, I think there's mafia inside ToonyMan, Jim, and webadict.

Now, this is suspicious!  Max actually sharing reads, instead of keeping them to himself even upon threat of elimination!
Or maybe a sign of improving play.  But nobody improves here!

@Max: If a1s shows up and posts something town-worthy, who are you going to vote? Who is everyone else going to vote?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2023, 06:01:05 am »

I'm very intrigued by the rapid wagon formation. a1s hasn't posted on the forum in six days. Assuming that keeps up, I don't see that much pressure is being had here.

SO

EuchreJack
Discussion prompt: Is it better to use one-off powers on Night 1, or later?
This is a bit fishy. Scum would like to know the likelihood that town are going to track them on D1. They could just lay low until the powers are exhausted. I don't think players should be answering this, no?

I think you're forgetting to factor in "Tric is so wrong he's right", which means one of Tric's guesses is probably mafia.
This is a weak attack. If you think one of me or Max is scum, which is it? (Or are you just telling on yourself?)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2023, 06:48:16 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> a1s           --3-- ToonyMan*, webadict*, MaximumSpin*
-> notquitethere --1-- TricMagic*,
-> TricMagic     --1-- Jim Groovester*,
-> webadict      --1-- EuchreJack*,
-> EuchreJack    --1-- notquitethere*
Fluffe9911       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
Maximum Spin     --0--
ToonyMan         --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --2-- a1s, Fluffe9911

5 to Hammer. Day ends on February 27, 2023 at 16:00 Central Standard Time (~34 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one dies, which is a severe injustice!

a1s has been prodded
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2023, 08:13:12 am »

Honestly, I both like and don't like having a Day start where I don't post a lot.  Maybe I give myself a 3 post per Day limit in the future.  Forces me to poke for what I don't like.

Reads:
a1s - Hasn't posted, but may not be the best vote.  But I'll probably keep voting him anyway because I wanna see what Toony does with two votes.
EuchreJack - I think EuchreJack is Town here.  I'll pretend like I'm stealing Toony's read, but also NQT tends to misread Jack, so that more points in favor.
Fluffe9911 - Newbtown.  Completely unafraid of saying the wrong thing on the one post I remember them posting
Jim Groovester - Leanscum, too calm, called me leantown, I have posted three times and copied Toony.  Am I doing a recurring gag where I call Jim scum every game?  I need to ask Jim more questions to find this out?
Maximum Spin - Has not posted as much as expected, do not like, is Max more likely to post when I post?  Leanscum?  I feel bad hesitating here, bit only because I haven't posted much either
notquitethere - I am more likely to think NQT is Town here because I feel like his misreading of EuchreJack is in line with Town.  Must read NQT logically and not emotionally, which is flip of EuchreJack, create conflicting reads.  I also admit that I am against voting out nqt if only because it happens so often and that biases my judgment.
Toony - Literally the most readable player here.  There isn't even a point to putting down his alignment because everyone is already aware of what it is and I'd be wasting everyone's time doing so, so I won't, but it should be obvious which one I'm referring to.
TricMagic - ... I have to wonder what changed in TricMagic to suddenly get good at Mafia.  I will put him down as surprisingly null, because newTric I have not seen as Mafia yet.

@Jim:  Say we vote out Mafia and I then claimed to be the same role as the dead Mafia, what would your thought process be?
@Max:  What assumption(s) would one naturally conclude from your statement that there's scum in Jim, Toony, and I?
@nqt:  What play from EuchreJack would cause you to think he's Town?
@Tric:  Which player are you the most positive about?
@Euchre:  What's your feeling on Tric?

And none for Gretchen Weiners ToonyMan.

Anyway, more moving, probably won't post for a couple hours, but probably will read posts as they come in

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2023, 09:31:06 am »

Webadict, that's who.

NQT, Max, Jack
That means either you or NQT, unless it's Max. Flip a coin jack.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2023, 10:06:51 am »

So everyone's voting a1s cause they aint talking at all?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2023, 10:13:14 am »

Only two mafia though so I think you may gotta update your radar a bit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2023, 10:19:04 am »

So everyone's voting a1s cause they aint talking at all?
I'd rather vote a player that isn't here then someone I don't really think is mafia.

Who do you think dies tonight? Or at least, who do you think mafia will want to kill most?

reads
I'm right about Jim more than you're right though.

The one time Jim was mafia recently I switched my vote to him after you convinced me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2023, 10:20:05 am »

Only two mafia though so I think you may gotta update your radar a bit.
1. Tric gave 3 scumreads for me to inverse
2. Mafia being inside a group doesn't mean they're all mafia

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2023, 10:22:42 am »

I'm very intrigued by the rapid wagon formation. a1s hasn't posted on the forum in six days. Assuming that keeps up, I don't see that much pressure is being had here.

SO

EuchreJack
Jack wasn't on the bandwagon though?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2023, 10:36:09 am »

I'd rather vote a player that isn't here then someone I don't really think is mafia.

Who do you think dies tonight? Or at least, who do you think mafia will want to kill most?
Fair enough and I'm not gonna go into specifics cause then mafia are probably gonna kill that person because they think they are funny. But probably a person they think is too close to the truth (somehow) or they know tends to be competent. What branch they are on will also probably have a large effect in the decently likely chance they are on the same level as a person who has pretty much already revealed their role. Or who knows maybe they throw darts!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2023, 11:33:37 am »

SO

EuchreJack
Discussion prompt: Is it better to use one-off powers on Night 1, or later?
This is a bit fishy. Scum would like to know the likelihood that town are going to track them on D1. They could just lay low until the powers are exhausted. I don't think players should be answering this, no?

This is a weak attack. If you think one of me or Max is scum, which is it? (Or are you just telling on yourself?)
Discussion prompt is a discussion prompt. Do you think Mafia wins if they lay low?

I'm not much of an "attacker".  But you did omit this:
Oh right, this is going on.

So far, I think there's mafia inside ToonyMan, Jim, and webadict.

Now, this is suspicious!  Max actually sharing reads, instead of keeping them to himself even upon threat of elimination!
Or maybe a sign of improving play.  But nobody improves here!

@Max: If a1s shows up and posts something town-worthy, who are you going to vote? Who is everyone else going to vote?
And I'll back it up with a vote on Max

@Euchre:  What's your feeling on Tric?
I believe he is town.
My limited views of scum!Tric indicate a much more subdued playstyle. 
I'm using the Dragon!Tric game as a baseline, where Tric won as third-party.  Really didn't see that coming.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47