Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 32885 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2023, 01:25:11 pm »

Note, Jim could also be Mafia with Toony. Unlikely to be anyone else. Lack of deaths last night is likely cause it was deemed sketchy to do so. Too much info for town from that, and too many powers.

That, said, if any stems blocked someone last night, speak up. Having written this, it's a dumb idea. Given then they'd know who to kill with my role reveal.

hi ninja jack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2023, 01:26:54 pm »

Note, Jim could also be Mafia with Toony. Unlikely to be anyone else. Lack of deaths last night is likely cause it was deemed sketchy to do so. Too much info for town from that, and too many powers.

That, said, if any stems blocked someone last night, speak up. Having written this, it's a dumb idea. Given then they'd know who to kill with my role reveal.

hi ninja jack.
Ninja-san Tric:
Would Toony need to buddy Jim so blatantly and obviously if they were scum buddies?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2023, 01:28:24 pm »

Second, I miscounted
I see.

So, coaching one of the noobs to tie the vote in a "seemingly innocuous way" at the last minute was an accident.

This goes double for Jack, who could have killed me or web, but did neither. We can't all be mafia together, so at least one of those kills would be beneficial.
Of course it means nothing for anyone who wasn't there for it.

Max: Which three players do you find most suspicious?
Toonyman, a1s, and, for the bonus point, Jim "The Groovester" Groovester.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2023, 01:30:16 pm »

Second, I miscounted
I see.

So, coaching one of the noobs to tie the vote in a "seemingly innocuous way" at the last minute was an accident.

This goes double for Jack, who could have killed me or web, but did neither. We can't all be mafia together, so at least one of those kills would be beneficial.
Of course it means nothing for anyone who wasn't there for it.

Max: Which three players do you find most suspicious?
Do you think both Jim and Toony are scum, versus just one being scum?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2023, 01:33:13 pm »

I don't think it's impossible but it is not my focus, no.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2023, 01:36:46 pm »

At the risk of tunneling. It didn't work, so now Toony goes overboard?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2023, 01:38:26 pm »

a1s: Whom would you like to see eliminated today?
Toony and Max seem the most suspicious to me, if for diametrically opposed reasons. I am not good at this.

Also, I have a question: do stems need to block both mafias to prevent a kill? Or either one? Or does the mafia decide who carries out the hit and it is they who need to be blocked?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2023, 01:43:41 pm »

I don't think it's impossible but it is not my focus, no.
Two facts to consider:
1) Toony is an unrepentant buddier regardless of alignment.
2) Jim as scum bolsters his partner and only buses at the last possible moment. He probably waits too long, from what I recall.

Given enough time, they both tend to look Scummy if they're scum and tend to look Townie if town. I think the community can trust their gut on both players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2023, 01:46:52 pm »

a1s: Whom would you like to see eliminated today?
Toony and Max seem the most suspicious to me, if for diametrically opposed reasons. I am not good at this.

Also, I have a question: do stems need to block both mafias to prevent a kill? Or either one? Or does the mafia decide who carries out the hit and it is they who need to be blocked?
Typically, Mafia chooses one player to perform the kill. If that player is roleblocked, then the kill is prevented.

I have no reason to believe it would be different in this game, especially since the other mafia player could use their plant power, but you could ask the mod to confirm.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2023, 03:14:59 pm »

Fuckin' sweet I love Day 1 reduxes.

My gut still says it could be webadict or Maximum Spin but I'll need to reevaluate now that Day 2 has started and nothing has happened. The reevaluation will happen once I get off work.

Second, I miscounted
I see.

This feels a lot like a bad faith reading of the intent behind ToonyMan's end of Day 1 actions.

Yeah I don't like your reads and think they're bad. Mostly because I don't like your reading of a1s.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2023, 03:31:12 pm »

The chaotic end of day did have the benefit of making both EuchreJack and a1s look better.

I'm happy to go with Max for now. He had to be prodded to do anything useful D1 and acted in a way that looks like opportunistic scum. I'm going to check in and properly read through hopefully in the morning.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2023, 03:42:16 pm »

This feels a lot like a bad faith reading of the intent behind ToonyMan's end of Day 1 actions.
I don't understand the intent of ToonyMan's end of Day 1 actions. Can you explain it to me? The only way it makes sense to me is scum desperately trying to move the vote. It's not something I would ever do as town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2023, 03:48:31 pm »

Oh yeah, one more thing.
He had to be prodded to do anything useful D1 and acted in a way that looks like opportunistic scum.
You always say that!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2023, 03:54:17 pm »

Haha maybe so. I've got to, uh, re-calibrate my heuristics.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2023, 03:55:58 pm »

Fucking wow.  ToonyMan.

I had 10 minutes to post from my phone at the end of the day because someone (I wonder who) last minute brigaded me while I was driving to move some more things.  I genuinely thought I was dead, so I said fuck it, gave my last suspicions.

No way Toony ties the votes on accident, he aneurysms at Day end every fucking time.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47