Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: The Singing Constellation: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (6/∞)  (Read 11210 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

You are on a starship.

You have one, single mission.

Find The Noostone and bring it with you back home.

You will have to survey many worlds, solve puzzles, fight enemies, and uncover a nefarious scheme with far reaching consequences.

But it will all be worth it for the grand prize you will have.

Once the due item is delivered, that is...

Yeah-yeah-yeah new game. No, I am not abandoning Competitive Evolution. That game is my baby.

Character Creation

You play as whatever you may wish within reason. A lowly human, a six legged purple alien, a snow leopard furry, anything of sorts goes.

You have 12 points to spend on 6 different attributes. This can't be undone once the character has been created and serve as base stats, but can be changed by items you may find.

Premise

You will fly on a ship. It has no need for fuel nor repairs, and acts as a lift between locations, item storage and a spawnpoint to appear on if you die. It requires no captain, an A.I flies it, though this A.I isn't sapient, and one player must be on the ship to relocate it anywhere. It doesn't lands, instead it beams you down instantly from low orbit.

There will be a narrator. He will be a character in the game itself, and will communicate with you to give important info. Yes, you can ask questions.

You will land on planets to find items. Some of these items are plot relevant, allowing you to pinpoint your next destination and have clues as to what a puzzles answer might be.

There are enemies, from local fauna to murderbots. There are also bossfights with outlandish outer gods. So if I start becoming generous with loot and embed music links in texts, pray.

Actions

You each have three actions you can take each turn. For example;

"Descend down to the planet, reach the others, continue exploring with them."

Fights happen automatically once they begin, and end one way or another the in the same turn.

You can always join, and if you die, you are out until the next turn, which you will respawn back on the ship.

The Game World

It is a star cluster of fifteen systems, which are all procedurally generated. Each planet is a set of terrain tiles you can move around on. You can move five tiles by default in any direction each turn, but may move further depending on your stats.

If this gets attention, I'll post the first game post.

Begin.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:55:29 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Star Cluster: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 07:01:05 pm »

Spoiler: Fln (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Star Cluster: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 07:57:14 pm »

Spoiler: Lemmy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 08:06:20 pm by Devastator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Star Cluster: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (2/∞)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 09:45:12 pm »

Spoiler: Su Lin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:13:10 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Star Cluster: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (2/∞)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 10:03:36 pm »

Spoiler: Isabsam Butsha (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Star Cluster: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (4/∞)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 04:51:53 am »

Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Star Cluster: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (4/∞)
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 09:03:12 am »

I know exactly where this is going but i want to be part of this disaster anyway.

Spoiler: Velklin (click to show/hide)
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Constellation: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (6/∞)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 06:22:49 pm »

-Map Currently Unavailable-

"Alright guys, in and out mission. Go on adventure, get the McGuffin."

You are all currently standing in the middle of an spaceship shaped like a flying saucer. There is the darkness of interplanetary space all around. The narrator, whose voice comes from everywhere, talks to you from what sounds like a static-filled radio.

"Hold on, I am getting the coordinates for where to go. By what I know, you are gonna have to see an obelisk... Yes yes I know you are waiting right now, but hold on alright?"

"Use this time to get your bearings, I guess?"

Current Characters

Spoiler: Lemmy | (30/30 HP) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Burt | (40/40 HP) (click to show/hide)

[/list]
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 03:35:08 am by Magmacube_tr »
    I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 08:10:02 pm »

Explore the ship.
    Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • The vulture on your shoulder
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 08:35:45 pm »

Velklin

Velklin rubs the back of his neck with a nervous, timid smile on his face.
    "Uhh... yeah, that's what i'm here for- an adventure! So what's this artifact we're after? The "Noostone"? Sounds important- and powerful... But i'm really just here for the thrill. I've got more than enough power to go around. And, i'll do everything to help you out using it.
    His eyes scan the room and his newfound companions.
    "Looks like i'll be the team's dedicated glass cannon... You guys will keep me safe though... right?" Velklin's gaze becomes fixed on Isabsam Butsha and he lets out a small awkward laugh, his tail flicking back and forth. "I mean, i'm not afraid of dying or anything- i mean i literally can't. But- getting hurt still sucks. And you know what they say; a painful end's a lot better than endless pain... And i'd really like to avoid that."

Fidget nervously with space suit, assuming i've got one.

Freedom is not a spectrum.
    Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 09:18:05 pm »

"Lets talk about this prize again..  What's in it for us?"

Lemmy looks around the spaceship.  Does it use buttons?  Voice controls?  Something more exotic?

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:53:47 pm by Devastator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 12:37:53 am »

Su Lin
    Su Lin considers the words of the elders.
    'You each have three actions you can take each turn, so choose wisely and make each one count, for in the end, it is the sum of our actions that defines who we are.'

Su Lin advises his crewmates that they should consider taking three different actions. Even if they are stuck on the ship, they can still potentially accomplish something.

Action 1: Su Lin uses Concentrate to refill his Qi reserves
    Action 2: Su Lin does some light exercise while he waits for the co-ordinates to come in.
    Action 3: Su Lin asks the narrator if they have any advice on how he can improve upon his cultivation.
    You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: February 24, 2023, 01:21:31 am »

"Bah, cultivation.  If I could cultivate I'd just spend all my time doing it.  This way I spend my actions doing whatever I want!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: February 24, 2023, 03:15:51 am »

"You guys do whatever I'm gonna find a weapon."
    Search the ship and get an idea of what we've got available to us, then try to find a weapon of some kind preferably a gun.
    The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
    Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
    but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
    Quote from: Leodanny
    Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: February 24, 2023, 05:48:18 pm »

Map Download Complete!
    Three files reached...

Displaying File 1: The Singing Constellation Starchart

Displaying File 2: Heyam 72 System Chart

''Oh, good. The maps finally here. We are at system 1. See those dots on the first map? They are numbers. Big dot means a 10, smaller dots are 1's. Fifteen in total. The ship will start moving soon. Make yourselves comfortable.''

''Ship, to the first planets sattelite.''

So you do. Su Lin uses Concentrate, and finds out that his Qi reserves are already full. So he decides to do push-ups instead. The demigod brat fiddles with his spacesuit incessantly, not wearing it yet. Burt rummages through the many boxes of the ship inventory, finding each and every one of them completely empty. Meanwhile, Lemmy thinks of a query.

''Hey, since we are on a mission and junk, what do we get from it?''

''What do you mean?''

''What is the prize?''

''Uhhhhh... 1000 billion trillion dollars. Anyways-''

Su Lin finishes his exercise routine, then he asks.

''Greetings, Storyteller. Since you seem so wise, may I ask how I can improve upon my ability to harness Qi''

''Hmmmmm... Your magic is inherently connected with your body. Think of it as your muscles. Continuous training of it will gradually improve it. Or you may obtain an enhancing item, maybe a talisman, or other magic conduit designed to add on a persons capacity of arcane power.''

Su Lin open his mouth too ask another question, only to be interrupted by Lemmy, who nudged him by the shoulder. Su Lin turns to look at the human teenager, but his sight turns to the window as others also have.

You see a small asteroid, no bigger than 5 kilometers in size, rapidly approaching from the window. You panic, and the narrator notices that.

''We are moving towards it, not it to us. The obelisk with the instructions should be there. You will need to land on it.''

''Ship, get into the asteroids orbit.''

On the background of the small asteroid is an ash gray, airless planet facing a single, faint, red sun. The asteroid is apparently a sattelite.

Alright, this should be easy. Get down there, reach the obelisk, read the inscriptions, then come back.''

Current Characters

Spoiler: Lemmy | (30/30 HP) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Burt | (40/40 HP) (click to show/hide)

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18