Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to find the "original" tile numbers?  (Read 2287 times)

mid_coast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Where to find the "original" tile numbers?
« on: February 24, 2023, 09:55:42 am »

Hey all - I am wanting to tweak a few things with some existing graphics sets and override a few other tiles, but I am running into a few issues.

I read the TWBT readme over the overrides.txt file and it indicates the below format:
[OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile:NewFg:NewBg:MatFlag:Mat1:Mat2:Mat3]

And it says Tile is the original tile number. Is there somewhere I can source this information? I can easily tweak things the graphics set already has an override for, but I'm not sure how to do this for something that isn't already part of the overrides...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find the "original" tile numbers?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 02:09:00 pm »

Hey all - I am wanting to tweak a few things with some existing graphics sets and override a few other tiles, but I am running into a few issues.

I read the TWBT readme over the overrides.txt file and it indicates the below format:
[OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile:NewFg:NewBg:MatFlag:Mat1:Mat2:Mat3]

And it says Tile is the original tile number. Is there somewhere I can source this information? I can easily tweak things the graphics set already has an override for, but I'm not sure how to do this for something that isn't already part of the overrides...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Tilesets ?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

mid_coast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find the "original" tile numbers?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 10:14:23 am »

Wow - not sure how I missed this. Thanks for the assist!