Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: A Kobold's Quest  (Read 57161 times)

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Kobold's Quest
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ricemastah:
<STRONG>In my experience if you do not have an additional tag of some sort, like civ_controllable, babysnatcher, or nuisance then the game will not likely generate your civilization. </STRONG>

Uh-oh... Oh well, I can double check, and in the case that it never generated dwarves, then I already know what I'm going to do. Thanks for informing me though.    :)

Edit: Hmm... then again, I could just swap the tags on dwarves and goblins, so goblin forts are occupied by dwarves. Adventure mode goblins and dwarves make basically the same kinds of fortresses anyway

Edit II: Nah, that would make dwarves have goblin names and equipment, it wouldnt fit.

[ October 11, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 07:24:00 pm »

This story will still be awesome, even without dwarves. Also, your update rate is UNHOLY.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 12:57:00 am »

quote:
Also, your update rate is UNHOLY.[/QB]

That's a product of boredom and fall break :P

Thanks for all of your supportive comments, too    :) I honestly never really expected people to like it this much    :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fale debated, the ruins, or the cave? The cave, the inhabitants there like to attack passers by. They seem the fighting type, maybe they'll respect a good fighter? Fale looked at the map, then walked northeast. Day broke. Temperatures were scorching in the desert, but despite this, Fale felt good, still snickering over the king eating the remains of his own child. Night fell. Fale spotted something in the adjacent area, a disturbance in the terrain. Walking closer, she realized she had just found a cave on her own. She entered the area, and walked toward it. Curious about what lay within the newly discovered hole in the ground, she entered, and found herself surrounded by dry rock, tunnels leading every which way. So, she picked a direction... Behind her! She walked, and walked, until no more tunnels went north. And then, she saw a fuzzy inhabitant of this cave.

:p

2 close calls is 2 too many for a single day.

[ October 12, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 04:30:00 am »

Tip: write it in something else than your web browser, notepad or something, Then just copy it into the post when you are finished, the forum is kind of bugy, as you said. And I don't have to tell you backup, do I?

And I really love the way Fale thinks!    :D

quote:

I think the administrator of this test is watching me cheat...

Looks like I've been promoted!

Ugh... they'd look better if they just went to hell.

Someone with an axe... and the last name of Openthroat? Bad news!

Ok, I dont wanna live forever, but i wanna live another day!

Where is everyone, on break?

Hey, my dream was about what I'd see when I'm drunk! Clever!

This is your consciousness speaking, Fale! Putting your sword away was dumb, truly dumb. Do I have to pound this into you with a <<iron>>?! RUN!!

Are you kidding?! Fale! You-
Hello. This is your ol' pal adrenaline speaking. Let's GO ALREADY!!

Uh, consciousness? You're supposed to be part of me right? Am I going insane?
You hit your head pretty hard on the stone floor back there, it must've broken us apart. I'll fix it, just finish up your... eh, business.
Fine by me!

And lots lots more!   :D
Absolutely awesome story about absolutely awesome kobold!

And actually I didn't think the pork joke was funnier than the others, rater les funny, it was just the only one I came up with a specific response to.   :D

Edit: O, and I would like to bring your attention to the fact that the God of Blood bows at your feet.

[ October 12, 2007: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 12:02:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>Absolutely awesome story about absolutely awesome kobold!</STRONG>

Wow, thanks!   :D

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>Edit: O, and I would like to bring your attention to the fact that the God of Blood bows at your feet.</STRONG>

That's something I honestly never expected to see.   :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fale Walked into the center of town, and tossed the ettins head on the ground for all to see. Unfortunately, most of the town was asleep, but those who were awake saw, and they would spread the word. They began clapping, and even the guards clapped, aside from one. A strip of rope reed cloth drifted down from the top of the bar, and Fale, still feeling strange due to the missing eye, tied it into a bandanna, covering that one eye. A nearby swordsman spoke to Fale, "You have ridden us of that ettin curse, no longer will our villagers be drawn away, never to be seen again. No longer will we be attacked by hiddeous beasts at night! All thanks to our kobold visitor, ... erm, who are you again?" Fale replied, "I'z Fale Siegedriven!" The swordsman replied, "I never thought I'd see a kobold amount to anything more than filth. You've proved me wrong. Many of our town have tried to kill the ettin before, and you, a kobold, are the first to succeed." The swordsman smiled, "Congratulations, ally!" Fale raised her ears and smiled back at the swordsman. Those who werent asleep were discussing Fale, and some wrote this event down to paper. Fale grinned and looked around the town. She had little business in the town other than to show the results of her efforts in the cave, and had little intention of staying there. The humans may be worth earning respect from after all, but this is a secondary goal. Fales primary goal was to exact revenge on the dwarves, and killing the skeleton tyrant, killing the ettin, were all in preparation for this. Fale realized, so what if she wasn't an elite, if she didn't have the best sword. She just got done taking down a town menace. She was ready to take down the menace of her life. Fale spoke to the swordsman, "Thanksey! I'z only here to show da head, I'z a gotta go now, bye!" The swordsman replied, "Goodbye, and good luck!" Fale walked out of town, serfs and guards waving at her. she looked at the map. There were holes in the mountain just to the northwest. She proceeded into the wilderness once again, the town and the moon behind her. Day rose, Fale saw a river in the distance as she crossed the area of the ettins cave once more. Fale saw some trees, and glimpsed the mountain just behind them, directly to the north. She changed direction, walking directly towards the mountains.

Fale walked into the forest, and night fell. She exited into the swamps once more. Ascending into a treed area, she heard a rustling, and a growl. A reptilian beast stood off to her side, staring at her, mouth wide open.

Fale drew her sword as it approached, hungry for kobold flesh. Fale walked up to it. Fale had a similar event in mind as the reptilian beast, but one detail was a bit different...

I've already been promoted, and now I can have food ON the job.

Fale brought her sword down across its lower body, hitting a gap betwen scales and sinking in the blade. The beasts innards were badly cut up and its lower spine broken. The alligator fell over from the blow, and snapped at Fale, causing her to jump out of the way. Shot after shot glanced away, the beast snapped at her again, but fale jumped away, landing to its side. More shots glanced away, occasionally one doing some damage. The repetitive blows caused the beast to fall unconscious due to pain.ng at it, dismembering its right rear leg, mangling other parts, severing its left rear foot, and slashing its throat, the swipe continuing up the neck and punching into the braincase. Fale stood back and let it bleed out.

The alligator has bled to death.

Looking behind her, she spotted another alligator in the distance, looking at her, with the same intent in mind as the first. She walked toward it. It snapped at her, and missed. She slashed its upper body, piercing into it and slicing its liver and upper spine. She attacked as it ran at her, cutting its right rear leg, and jumping out of the way just in time to avoid getting bitten. Fale turned to face the beast, and thrusted at it, breaking a hole into its upper body, She pierced its right lung and thrust right through its heart, the beasts upper spine stopping it, painfully. The beast growled and Fale pulled her sword out easily, since it had not stuck. wound, the beast snapped at Fale again, missing yet again, but allowing Fale to land a glancing blow before it fell over, gicing in to pain. Fale stepped back, and stood in a fighting stance. She grinned and saw her less-clumsy stance, sword properly in her hand. She was getting the hang of this.

Fale smiled. She had remembered the incident with the jaguar while setting up a cooking area, and was more successful. That day she had roast -alligator meat- for lunch.

Fale continued northwards through the swamps. Several peaceful hours had passed. But, there was a few splashes and a certain growl. Yet another reptilian beast. Fale smiled, and licked her lips. She stood, sword drawn, in a fighting stance, letting the beast approach her. It walked directly to her, mouth open the whole way, and when it closed within range, Fale slashed at it. The beast closed for a bite, but Fale brought her sword down right into its neck. The beasts neck was broken, its throat parted from its body, but, in a blind determination generally exclusive to reptiles, continued anyway, biting Fale in the lower body. Fale yelled as it sank its teeth in, but apart from some bleeding and a bit of bruising to the spine, took little damage from it. It couldn't latch on, despite trying. Fale tried to pull her sword back, but found it had become stuck in the beasts neck. She pulled with all of her weight, but lost hold of it, stumbling backwards.

With enormous determination, the beast, despite a broken neck and no throat to speak of, a sword impaled in it, slowly dragged itself after Fale as she backed off. Eventually...

The alligator gives into pain.

Fale walked to the corpse, put her foot on its head, and yanked the sword with all of her strength. It took three tries, but she managed to finally dislodge it. Another meal of tasty -alligator meat-!

After eating, Fale continued northward. She passed a gorilla, and snickered to herself as she noted the resemblence between it and the more disrespectful guards. Fale was walkung uphill, and found a river. She walked alongside it, and continued northward. Walking towards the site indicated on the map, she saw some ruins through the trees, a fortress behind them. The design of those ruins seemed odd. The buildings were short, made by short people, made by dwarves.

She walked through the ruins. Bits of workshop were scattered about, workshops burnt to the ground. The entire place had been ransacked mercilessly, and dried blood was spattered against the remnants of the buildings. Fale looked around, and walked up to the torched remnants of a fishery. She saw virtually nothing was left, and kicked at a table. The charred XX-willow table-XX collapsed into rubble.

Stupid violent dwarves, I bet they wiped themselves out in a wave of tantrums! This carnage was SUPPOSED to be of my doing!

Fale sighed.

Maybe someone else has already made the dwarves pay for their vile crimes.

She continued north, and found herself facing the fortress. She was presented with a smooth wall, covered in dwarven blood. She entered the tunnel going into the mountain, and passed up a ramp. Nobody was here. There were no bodys, just the occasional splattering of blood. She found osme coinage on the ground, and picked it up. Fale found another stack of coins on the floor. She walked over and grabbed it, putting that in her backpack too. She heard snickering and laughter as she picked up the coins. A small, green creature took her by surprise as she dealt with the coins, and attacked. Fale jumped and yelled, startled by the sight of this creature in these bleak tunnels. She saw red, glowing eyes and a grin in the darkness behind. She saw it move, a bit.

Ka-KLUNK

Doors slammed shut in the distance, and fluids moved. Fale felt a sense of gloom descend upon her again. She grunted and hacked at the being. She hit it in the upper body, and clove it asunder on the second hit. Its blood spilled, and it never moved again. Another one! It made a high pitched giggle. Are these children attacking her? Fale walked, it walked up to her and threw a punch, hitting Fale right on the joint, spraining her left shoulder. Fale hacked at it. Her sword punched into its head, breaking its neck and nose, mangling its ear, and dislodging both eyes, but lodging itself in in their place. The creature fell over, unconscious, and fale split its face by twisting the sword in the wound. A third, a third child.

What kind of race sends their children into battle first? It looks like dwarves have some competition on the evil-scale.

Fale spoke, pulling her sword out, "Whyya tell kid ta fight me? Baddies! Showy up!" Fale heard a laugh from a corridor, out of her view, "Hahahaha, dwarven mother used her baby as a meat shield. We goblins slit her throat, made the baby drink her blood, then slit the babys throat. Kids make great fodder!"

Ok, so we have evil... and evil... lets fight evil!

Fale kept hacking at the unconscious goblin child. She sent a leg flying and mangled a left upper arm as the goblin child bled to death. The goblin in the corridor continued, the sound of moving fluids and burning in the background, "Dwarven lava machine give warm welcome to immigrants! Dwarven lava machine give warm welcome to nobles! Dwarven lava machine give warm welcome to goblins..." the voice laughed, "Dwarven lava machine give warm good-bye... to dwarves! Dumb dwarves make a fortress into a volcano! HAHAHAHA!" The next goblin child attacked, blindly following its parents orders, and Fale slashed at it. Three hits in, and a hand had been dismembered, the fourth splitting the child in two.

The goblin in the corridor spoke, "Smart goblins found a secret entrance, found the lever, turned off Dwarven Lava Machine. Goblins killed all the rest of the dwarves, one by one." The goblin grinned, and continued, "Would you like a tour of the shooting gallery, where the crossbowdwarves used your kind as fodder, before we enjoy breaking every bone in your body and sinking a bolt into every joint?" Fale was filled with anger, and yelled, "No thanksey!"

I'll be walking out of this with a <<goblin>>!

A fourth goblin child! Fale yelled in fury and brought her sword down below its shameless, grinning face, and stabbed it in the chest, piercing through its heart and cutting its upper spine as the sword was stopped. Fale easily pulled the blade out, and walked away. The child threw a punch at Fale as she turned,blind to its wounds, missing, but Fale spun around and laid her blade into the goblin childs chest.

It is cloven asunder!
The goblin Child is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The goblin Child slams into the goblin!
Arstruk Baxkuda, goblin Child has been struck down.

This goblin adult standing on the stairwell was the goblin speaking. The goblins menacing grin turned into an angry snarl as it wiped the blood of its own kind off of its face. Fale growled and snarled, running up to the goblin, blade ready. Fale brought the blade down on the goblins left lower arm, gashing it badly, and rammed the blade into its upper body. With the strength provided by adrenaline, Fale catapulted the Goblin back in an arc, ripping its chest apart. Gripping the hilt of her sword firmly, Fale walked up to the wall. By the wall was a finely made lever, with various engravings of enemies and items melting on the wall behind it. Acting out of anger, Fale kicked the lever. The lever shifted, then broke.

Ka-KLUNK-UNK-UNK-unk-unk-unk

A sense of dread fell right onto Fale. She looked down at the active, broken lever. What she had done was irreversable. There was a deep gurgling sound.

sss-sssSSSSSSSS!

There was a crackling and sizzling sound, and the corridors downward turned a hue of blood red. Fale looked in horror. The corridors turned bright red in front, yellow in deep. Fale stepped back, quicker and quicker. Magma was rising in the corridors. It began rising, faster and faster. Fale turned and ran desperately.

There was an evil laugh. TWANG!

The flying iron arrow strikes You in the lower body!
It is broken!
Your stomach has been pierced!
Your spleen has been mangled!
Your right kidney has been badly pierced!

Fale nearly fell over, but the sight of the rising magma made her keep running. She could feel her shredded flesh and bones grinding, blood spurting out of the wound. Fale yelled and forced herself to run as fast as koboldly possible. In the back of Fales mind, she began to feel sympathy for the kings dead child, in a way. Getting shot in the gut hurts, a lot. Fale ran around blindly, desperately avoiding the archer. The pain proved too much, and she collapsed. Luckily, she hadn't remained out for long, when she came to, the scent of fried goblin was in the air. Her fur was nearly burning, the heat added to her pain. The magma had nearly reached her, and it was still going. Fale immediately hopped to her feet, and ran town the corridor, sideways to the flow, the magma spattering all around her, and found her original path in. She took this path out. Red flaming death persued as she made her escape as fast as her legs would carry her. She took a corner right, and turned left, temporarily forgetting about her disfigured spleen. She leapt down the ramp, and upon landing, remembered it. Pain shot through her and she almost blacked out. Shaking, she forced herself to continue on. She ran to the bottom of the hill, near the old workshops, and stopped. She turned around slowly, and watched as the former fortress erupted as if it were a volcano, spilling lava all over the hillside. The arrow had never become firmly lodged, so Fale removed it immediately, stifling a yell as she did so. She placed her hand over the wound, and walked south at a higher than normal rate, the landscape glowing and bubbling behind her, the lava slowly expanding out. She looked at the arrow. the arrowhead was crude, rusty iron, barbed and spiked to increase shredding damage. Typical goblin design. Fale coughed and thought about what had happened, grinning and snickering.

I bet the fact that I actually RUN from things like magma and fire makes me smarter than the average dwarf.

It was better than nothing, for laughter was the only medicine Fale had.

[ October 13, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 12:45:00 am »

Wow.  Fale sure is one heck of a tough Kobold.  Also, this is quite a ☼Story☼.  Not much else I can say about it, since I have no critiscms.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 12:50:00 am »

And the -Updates- continued into the night...
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 01:11:00 am »

Thanks  :)

Fale does have the Tough attribute currently, but only one level of it. The engine only set her unconscious once too, despite that. Either its RNG luck or she's tougher than the info screen would lead me to believe  :p

Hmm, I think I'm even getting attached to this enough to fit the ☼Story☼ rating.

And, looking at my start and end time, I think I really did continue into the night, technically.  :p

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 01:21:00 am »

I could make criticisms, but they would solely be of a spelling/grammar nazi sort, and the errors are obviously the work of your fey mood working feverishly.  Fale is one of the toughest kobolds to ever live; may her story go down in DF history and never die.   :)
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 06:08:00 am »

[insert everything that have been said about this story here, including my previous posts]
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 11:43:00 am »

*Eiba*'s got nothing on ☼this☼.

Also, do you use Firefox? If you do, and don't like the Armok banner at the top, you can download the addon Adblock, right-click on the image, and select "adblock image."

So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

Opera comes with a content-blocker built in, too.
"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »

I never thought I'd be getting reviews that are this good  :)

I'm using firefox with adblock. I thought about adblocking it but enjoying the site in its complete form is worth leaving it.
Fale found herself walking slower and slower. Her spleen was making it difficult to continue as the adrenaline wore off, and she was bleeding internally, her stomach and right kidney having lost their function. She knew that even if her minds determination was limitless, her body had a limit. It just had to do. Just a little further...

5 minutes later...

Fale crossed the boundry between regions and stood. Her pain dulled, the arrow wound closing up, leaving only a faint scar. She felt like letting herself fall over, feeling the best she had felt in a long time during the magic healing, but she had spotted someone among the fringes of these workshops, and was intent on speaking with this stranger. She towards this human like being. He was well dressed, stood taller than a human, and was thinner, had large, pointy ears, and carried naturally-grown wooden equipment. He spoke to Fale first, "Greetings, Kobold. I see you've taken care of the goblin problem. You're very brave for your kind, you know that?" Fale grinned in acknowledgement, and replied, "Thanksey! Whys-a alone here?" The human-like being replied, "I'm the elven investigator from the northwest continents, I was tracking a band of criminals out here but they were annihilated when the dwarves covered the hillside in magma, turning everything to ash." The elf continued under his breath, "Those poor bushes and trees..." Fale replied, "Ders crimey guys? Why elf crimey guys goes'n to da dwarf fortress?" The elf responded, "We elves have had a nasty plague of problems involving roving, organized criminals lately. Often they will confront dwarves and demand the dwarves restrict their lumber use, and when the dwarves predictably violate the mandate... for some reason these organized crime groups even count the giant mushrooms those dwarves grow... they open fire on the dwarves. This has ruined diplomatic relations and caused conflict between dwarves and our normally peaceful race. Most elves find the behavior of the criminals plainly stupid. Little do the dwarves know, though, that by annihilating these bands of aggressive elves, they're actually helping us to solve our crime problem." Fale spoke, "I'z see, ya. Ders no more dwarfs after da magma ting?" The elf pointed into the swamps, "One dwarf escaped. He looked in a bad way, but he refused any offer for help from me. I understand dwarves have had a long history of abusing kobolds, so I would understand if you never spoke with him." Fale grinned visciously, there might be some personal vengeance yet. She spoke to the elf, "Thanksey! Bye!" The elf ended the conversation, "Goodbye, fellow creature."

Fale walked directly to where the elf had pointed. After a couple of hours, she had left the ruins behind and had continued along the river into the swamp. She spotted the dwarf in the open swamp, near a puddle of water. She walked up to him, he turned his sad face to look at fale. A sudden mixture of hatred and fear rushed through Fale, this was the dwarf that had slaughtered her family! He stood, and spoke, "Yer the one that got away." He sighed, and continued, "I know why yer here." He raised his chin, exposing his vitals, and closed his eyes, standing still, "Get it over with." Fale drew her sword and ran up to him, but slowed as she progressed, coming to a stop right next to him. Something was wrong about this. Why did he want her to kill him. He shouted, "What are you waiting for?" Fale found herself empty of the drive to slaughter him, somehow. She asked, "Why-sa kill my ma? My dad?" The dwarf sighed and replied, "I owed debts to the hammerer personally, and if I didn't pay them, he would've paid 'his respects' to my wife and my two children. I looked everywhere for enough money to pay, but I was forced to accept a quest from the human king. He would give me the money to pay my debts, if I would get rid of the nearby kobold population. I had no choice! It was to no use, the day after they tested the magma gates... I was the one who linked the lever to the wrong floodgate... I killed those two hundred six dwarves, I killed my wife, I killed my children." The melancholic dwarf posed for his death, "I don't deserve to live, and living with my evil, stupid deeds over my head is a greater torture than anything you could ever inflict. Have mercy, and kill me." Fale hesitated, and replied, "Okie." Fale pressed the blade of her sword against his neck, lining up, and sighed.

I never thought I would see someones last request be death itself.

Fale no longer felt fear or fury, just a cold acknowledgement that she was about to kill the object of her hatred, which in turn was in the same situation she was in, that long time ago. Fale drew back, and sliced into the dwarfs neck, cutting nearly completely through and separating the spine. The dwarf fell over, and Fale brought her sword down, finally decapitating him. She sighed, and continued walking south. She felt no joy in that. The king put a price on the slaughter of her family. Her peers were killed over money and corruption. Fale had found a new person to direct her fury towards, Gustem Izrolronum, King. The more Fale thought about it, the more she was sickened by it. Hours passed, Fale heard the typical splashing and hissing of a hungry reptilian beast, and ignored it, walking away, the beast never showing itself. Fale continued thinking. It wasn't every human. The serfs, farmers, workers, were all honest people, subject to the abuse of the guards and nobility. She continued, marking the town she had last visited as a destination. She wanted to rally support from the serfs. Day broke. Fale found it difficult to sleep. She continued south, nearing the desert. An alligator came up from behind. Fale was beginning to be able to raise her mood, and didn't want a fight to bring it down again. Fale jogged away, outpacing the alligator. Night fell. Fale had turned her cold anger into joyful thoughts of vengeance, snickering at the thought of what she would do to the King. Day broke again, and the sun burned down on the desert. Fale approached, then entered the town. She looked through the buildings as she approached, and saw many of the serfs and guards talking about "fried goblin fortress". She still held the goblin arrow, trusting it as proof. Fale walked into the dead center of town, in the middle of day. She held up the arrow, the arrow covered in her blood, the scar of the wound still visible on her. The humans, talking about the recently vanquished goblin horde, took notice of this. The serfs stood in awe, one commenting, "It's a miracle!" Several of the serfs approached Fale, and bowed. There was nearly silence, all eyes looking at Fale. Fale took in the aura of respect from the serfs eagerly, grinning, but found it was tainted by contempt, coming from the guards who had realized... she was overshadowing all of them now. The serfs discussed among themselves eagerly, and spoke to fale, "We were going to award a title to the first hero to come to our town, and by far, you deserve it! You're a true example of kobold-kind!" There was a synchronized round of applause from every building in town. The serf continued, "You have conquered an entire goblin fortress through might and genious fitting for a grand machine of war! You have pierced the heart of the enemy, showing us the true power of the kobolds! For this, we will forever remember your name, Fale 'Siege Engine' Siegedriven, the Ageless Purple Spear!" Fale grinned, and accepted a handshake. That one peculiar guard stepped out of the bar, holding a glass of beer. She had truely earned fame, and he had not. He grunted loudly in fury, his eyes wide open as if they were about to leave their sockets. He grasped his cup so hard that it shattered, sending glass everywhere.

For the next several minutes, Fale spoke with the excited serfs. She was very happy for the first time in a long time, for she had accomplished one of her main goals. The people here now had a deep respect for kobolds, and some nearly worshipped her. The guards frowned angrily, one shouted, "BREAK IT UP! Get back to work, ALL OF YOU!" The guards entered, hands on their weapons, and forced the crowd to disperse. The serfs went back to work, bitter towards the guards. The ropes that were holding the kingdom together were under strain, and were beginning to fray, slowly pulling apart in the middle.

A maceman approached Fale.

Fale walked up to him as he approached, he was steaming with anger, bits of glass sticking out of his are iron left gauntlet. He yelled, "I'm gunna rip you to shreads, and piss on your grave!" He pulled out his iron morningstar and held it alongside his iron shield.

You're a real dumb sh*t. One too many glasses eh?

He rose his mace, but Fale charged in preemptively. Fale hacked the macemans left upper leg, badly hashing it, and getting it lodged in the wound. Fale collided with him, and the drunken guard tumbled over helplessly, dislodging Fales sword in the process. Fale jumped, bringing her sword down below her with all her weight and momentum. The maceman was cut in half, the lower part of his body flying off in a bloody arc. Fale stood in a fighting stance, and commented, "In da next life, gon' lay off da sauce, okie?"

The nearby swordsman was horrified by this, and drew his blade. Fale maintained her stance, sidestepping while the guard, weighed down by his heavy gear, slowly moved closer. Fale grinned menacingly and looked into the swordsmans eyes. When he moved in range, Fale lunged foreward, hacking across his chest, piercing both lungs. Fale then smacked right into the guard, face first into his armor. Fale bounced back stunned, but the guard gasped and gagged, having trouble breathing. The swordsman gave into pain and fell over. Fale hacked at the swordsmans right upper arm, hitting the joint in the armor, severing the arm. She hit him in the hand, then hit him in the upper body, her sword glancing away from his armor. Then, she brought her sword up, and brought it down on his head. Both of the swordsmans ears were damaged, an eye slashed out, the nose cut, and, as Fale curved the strike downward, the swordsman neck was broken and its throat slashed open. The swordsman remained unconscious, drowning in its own blood, and soon thereafter, he stopped breathing, bled out. Fale looked down upon his corpse and grinned. Fale put her damaged, rusty copper sword away, and salvaged out of the pool of blood, a military-specification iron two-handed sword. Fale snickered and swung it, the swords blade gliding efficiently through the air. The sword was nearly as tall as her, and it was quite unwieldy, but it was heavy and sharp.

A peasant was pinned against the wall of the building, a guard holding him. The peasant witnessed the guards attack Fale, his newfound hero. She sae her defeat them. The guard screamed in his face, "TAXES!!! NOW!" He looked into the guards face. The guards attacked his hero. The guards abused his peers. The guards abused him, and threatened his children. The guard yelled, "Pay up if you know whats good for your kids!" The guard grinned evily at the peasant. The abuse has gone too far for too long. The ropes holding the kingdom together was on their last threads. The peasant spoke, "I got your taxes right here." The peasant bent down, as if to get something out of his pocket, distracting the guard. He then pushed the guard away, stepped foreward, and punched the guard right in the face with all of his strength. Having been a farmer, he had enough strength to knock the guard down. He yelled...

"F*CK taxes!

F*CK YOU!"

The guard and the peasant exchanged angry stares as the guard got up, weapon drawn, Fale in the background, grinning big, standing with her brand new sword drawn.

The Anthath Sizet revolution of 1050 had begun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know whether its RNG luck, or just the way the game works, but without strength attributes and with only 1 toughness, and with only a novice swordsman skill, she's kicking ass without cheating here. O.o

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

[insert everything that have been said about this story here, including my previous posts, including the last post looking like this]
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »

H-H-H-Hoo....  ly...

Wow.  That goes, uh, beyond ☼Story☼.

<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered