Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interest check; 47.05 Succession. Last hurrah while waiting on keyboard for 50.x  (Read 589 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

I have tried to make the mouse work, I really have.  It's just so slow, and the lack of macros makes mass-designations actually painful with all the clicking.  The Feb. FotF said that keyboard interface is tentatively coming with the QoL focus.  All that got me thinking; a final sendoff for pre-mouse Classic.

There will be no particular theme, because I want to see everything in a single Fortress.  All the world's books in a grand library, striking back at the goblins with raiding, mega projects for both water and magma.  I have a special WorldGen that will create every feature imaginable.  I'm also thinking of adding a few mods for spice.  Specifically, crafting and hostile civs.  Maybe bring back the original Giant Desert Scorpion (though that would require a desert biome obviously).

Drop a line if you expect to have time over the next few months. (Also biome/feature requests)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile

I'm interested since I'm still playing 0.47.05, and I should have time during the next months.

No biome/feature/mod requests or other ideas yet, though.

+1 for the Giant Desert Scorpion

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am totally down to play. sign me up.

I have tried to make the mouse work, I really have.  It's just so slow, and the lack of macros makes mass-designations actually painful with all the clicking.  The Feb. FotF said that keyboard interface is tentatively coming with the QoL focus.  All that got me thinking; a final sendoff for pre-mouse Classic.

yeah completely agreed. I have stayed hesitantly optimistic that the premium DF will return to an enjoyably playable state - it just might take a long time to see that update. right now it's in a still-born state

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile

I'm down to play since I'm too cheap to buy the Steam version and too stubborn to learn the new layout of the Classic version of 50.x.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

I know folks usually sign up afterwards, but I was still hoping for more of a reaction.  I'll put a pin this one for now.  Maybe when Summer comes around.