Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Looking for a Blood Bowl Player  (Read 3739 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Blood Bowl Player
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2023, 09:56:38 am »

The rats underestimated the power of your star player. They should have aggressively tried to take her off the field, or tried to score ASAP, since then the ref would have done it for them.

Getting a bunch of rats all grouped together when there are bombs flying all over the place is definitely not what you want to do.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2023, 12:17:58 am »

Today was a dark day, for we experienced that thing that should never be: A Draw.
Nobody won, thus everyone lost like stinking loser losers.

On a happier note, Toady One killed permanently banned from life another opposing player.

After much internal discussion, it was decided to spend our accumulated winnings to hire a backup quarterback. Give a warm welcome to Great Order!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 03:45:04 am »

So, that last match was brutal. Hellheart is a brute, his team of Amazons are brutes, and my Star Player & Special Coach were neutralized in the first half.
Amazons: Proving female superiority yet again.

On a happier note, Max learned Tackle, which should help in our next game versus Amazons and other slippery teams.

As our bench took more & more losses, it was decided that we need a new player. We welcome delphonso as our newest Lineman.

Coach's Corner: I had debated a halfling hopeful for the Throw Teammate, but I think I'd rather have another lineman than a dubious mostly-fails one-turn touchdown option.  Better to be winning than to rely upon a halfling that will probably be creamed before the final play of the match anyways.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 07:23:54 pm »

Happy to get ripped limb-from-limb by 'zons next game, coach!

I've always been in Blood Bowl for /that one play/ instead of consistent performance. Personally, I probably would have gone halfling, but likewise, I would have gone an all halfling team to begin with and been utterly creamed by round 3.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2023, 12:30:56 pm »

I have no clue what's going on or even what game you're playing, but these game reports are really entertaining to read.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2023, 05:26:16 pm »

I have no clue what's going on or even what game you're playing, but these game reports are really entertaining to read.

Glad to entertain. I'll have to take some screenshots next game.

The game is Bloodbowl played via https://fumbbl.com

Wikipedia page on Bloodbowl

The forum where the tournament is being hosted, with more after game reports that you might enjoy. They're a bit more detailed than mine.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 10:51:59 pm »

Bay12 Champions sadly lose 1-2 to the Dastardly Rat Team of Cheddar.  And we only got a few nibbles on them.

First half was very exciting, with both teams scoring one point.  The second half was a nailbiter until Cheddar grabbed and ran at the very end. A True Skaven Win.

I didn't think he had it in him. I mean, he bought an Apothocary with his bonus cash. Actually trying to keep his guys alive longer, rather than increases his chances of winning this game with a Star Player, this unskaven tactic threw me off.

The whole game mostly came down to a failed Catch by one of my players. I'm going to blame E. Albright, the Catcher that couldn't catch.  Had I just trusted Great Order to run the ball, but the rookie Thrower isn't as tough as me.  Oh well.

Except the time that E. Albright caught a freed up ball for the one-and-only touchdown by our heroes previously mentioned.
Maybe it's just the planned balls that E. Albright can't catch...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2023, 09:42:43 am »

Lots of exciting back-and-forth in that game, EuchreJack - it was good fun to watch.

Game could have gone either way, but Skaven are tricky little buggers - you let one Gutter Runner pick up a ball, and suddenly it's 18-odd squares down the field.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2023, 09:34:07 pm »

That was an interesting 2-1 win!

Like always, E. Albright got us a goal, but Tok'ra Operative got a surprise touchdown due to superior positioning.

The first half was real nailbiter: We received (I hate receiving), lost the ball to the opposing team, got scored upon, then managed a pass+touchdown run by E. Albright in 2 turns for the equalizer.  Great help by our Blitzers!

The second half was solid defense by the Bay 12 Champions that eventually lead to the ball being popped and Tok'ra Operative running it to score.

Also, Max almost DIED, but I had a skilled surgeon on standby for just such an eventuality, and the Apothecary saved them!  Scoops Novel's Niggling injury that remains untreated was NOT in vain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2023, 05:12:30 pm »

Another week, and another WIN.

We buy our FOURTH reroll, Il Palazzo embraces Tackle, and we hire Roden the Halfling Hopeful. Now, we have a Throw Teammate Option!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2023, 06:50:53 pm »

Another week, and another LOSS.

At least it was to AlStar, local forumite extraordinaire.
Also nobody died, which is always a win!

Toady One should now be able to BLOCK any baddies.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2023, 09:56:02 pm »

The Chaotic Apostates defeat the Bay12 Champions in a close-fought 2-0 game.

Bay12 receives 235,000 gold due to team strength differences, and spends that gold on 1 wizard, 1 weather mage, and the star player Cindy Piewhistle (with her dangerous exploding pies.)

Apostates lose the coin flip, but the Champions decide to kick anyway; setting up Piewhistle on the field.

The first turn is a mixed bag for the Apostates - a high kick allows Graceful Grant to catch the ball, but the Minotaur howls insanely while the Troll just drools, wasting both their block actions. The Champions fight back, making some risky 1d blocks before Piewhistle throws a bomb/pie directly at Grant... who catches it! Throwing it back at the Halfling, the bomb is intercepted by the human lineman KingZultan, where it explodes, resulting in the Human's Ogre and Thrower being knocked down by the blast.

Piewhistle throws again in the second turn, despite two Apostate players covering her. She succeeds, knocking down the ballcarrier while narrowly avoiding being caught in her own explosion. The ball is retrieved by a Champion Blitzer.

Piewhistle finally meets her end on turn three - during another risky throw with two players covering her, one of the Apostate linemen guarding her manage to catch her bomb... where it explodes immediately, knocking down the player, but seriously injuring the star player, finally bringing her reign of pie-based terror to an end.

Turn four sees the Apostate Skaven put his horns to good use, knocking down the ballcarrier, although the ball ends up out-of-bounds and is thrown midfield, away from players from either team. The Apostate Dark Elf dodges away from the Champions' blitzer and picks up the ball, although he's entirely unguarded. Unsurprisingly, the blitzer that he dodged away from immediately runs down the Elf, knocking the ball from his hands and taking possession.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pitch, two Champion blitzers find themselves too close to the side of the field and are pushed off. No injures result from this, but this puts the number of players on the pitch at a mere 6 for the Champions to 11 Apostates. The ballcarrier tries a risky -2 handoff, and fails, ending the turn early.

The Apostate Thrower finally retrieves the ball, heading towards the nearby goal line... suddenly, a bolt of lightning shoots from the sky due to the Champion's mercenary Wizard... but the attack ends up fizzling, leaving nothing but a scar on the pitch. The Apostates score on turn 7, although not before the the Champion Ogre, Toady One, manages to seriously injure a lineman (mirroring a SI which the Apostate Minotaur inflicted a turn earlier.)

First half ends with some fumbling of the ball, followed by a successful pass by the Champions.

The second half starts with a very aggressive play by the Champions, running their catchers into the Apostate backfield without support. One is frenzy'd out-of-bounds, while the other spends the rest of the second half covered by the Apostate Dark Elf and a lineman, unable to escape, but also too dodge-y to get splatted.

Turn 3 saw a lone blitzer with the ball passing the midfield line. This was dangerous, but less so then would be expected, as virtually all of the other players were entangled in a giant brawl in the middle of the field. The Apostate Goblin manages to mark the player, but unfortunately, a blitz from a lineman sees him effortlessly punched down by the blitzer ballcarrier.

Turn 4, the blitzer pushes off the Goblin, getting within four squares of the goal. The Goblin re-marks him, while the downed lineman gets back up and rushes twice to also mark the player. It's looking very unlikely that a Champion score can be prevented - only a single dodge or a 1d block are needed to score. Unfortunately for the Champions, they went for the block, and a skull, re-rolled into another skull, sees the mighty Goblin smack down the far superior blitzer, ending the turn and seeing the ball free.

After that, it was just a matter of the Apostates picking up the ball (reroll burned), handing off the ball (reroll burned), and walking the ball in for the second point after a lot of desperate defensive plays by the Champions that caused a lot of problems, but never managed to reverse the momentum of play.

Good game EuchreJack!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2023, 12:12:27 am »

After that, it was just a matter of the Apostates picking up the ball (reroll burned), handing off the ball (reroll burned), and walking the ball in for the second point after a lot of desperate defensive plays by the Champions that caused a lot of problems, but never managed to reverse the momentum of play.

This is great sports reporting right here.

Well done, EuchreJack - sounds like a rough game, but a well-played one.

I've always found Dark Elves to be a troublesome team in this edition - they're not so good as to just fly past me, but they're tricky to slow down and reverse momentum, for sure. And as a poor player, I often need the reset of a touchdown or a good few blocks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2023, 04:16:10 am »

AlStar's team is Chaos Renegade, in case that wasn't clear.

I've always found Dark Elves to be a troublesome team in this edition - they're not so good as to just fly past me, but they're tricky to slow down and reverse momentum, for sure. And as a poor player, I often need the reset of a touchdown or a good few blocks.

Do what I'm doing to counter the no-loss Amazon team in this league: Invest in Tackle.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2023, 08:40:07 pm »

So, last week we didn't have to play as it was a bi week.

This week, we faced off against Von Richten's Preserves, a Necromantic Horror team under contract with the League Commissioner.

Score-wise, it was a tie.

But in a shocking twist, delphonso viciously betrayed us, and started playing for the opposing team.  In fact, he's still playing for them!
And all because I refused to use an apothocary on a no-skill, zero SP lineman.  The nerve!  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3