Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 141

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 99399 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #286 on: April 24, 2023, 02:54:54 am »

It's not just the audience that's assessed...
In a sign of the band's influence, police searching for political subversives have even forced patrons at a bar in Moscow to sing a Lyube song, as proof that they support the government.
YOU HAVE FAILED THE VIBE CHECK

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2023, 08:21:16 pm »

Yo @Strongpoint how is the counteroffensive going? I'm getting conflicting sources even in Western media.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2023, 09:16:40 pm »

Nobody's going to know much more than you do, because the Ukrainian military is being extremely heavy-handed with operational security. The only information getting out to civilian hands is tiny snippets of report, and it is likely that a fair number of said snippets are deliberate disinformation, because Russia reads the same newspapers as everybody else.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2023, 11:03:55 pm »

Yo @Strongpoint how is the counteroffensive going? I'm getting conflicting sources even in Western media.

I see a wonderful amount of tasty disinformation about the offensive and it warms my heart. It is how it should be done. (My favorite is - Ukraine is planning to assault Belgord in a surprise attack)

I have my opinion on where and how the counteroffensive will start but it is based (partly) on sensitive non-internet information and I, of course, won't share it. This is why I restrain myself from any speculations on how, when, where and if the offense will start.

One thing can be said for sure - The weather is uncooperative. It was a very wet April and I don't expect the ground to be hard enough until around ~10 May
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2023, 03:10:25 am »

It is very important to remember that intelligence agencies work by grabbing up every fragment of information they can find, sifting through it, and trying to figure out what is and isn't real. When Ibternet detectives decide to grab every nit of information they can, sift through it, and construct a narrative determining what is 9r is not real, you are doing a lot of the intelligence agencies' work for them.

Which is likely why a number of war trackers on Google and other services have very abruptly been deleted.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2023, 03:32:50 am »

I heard from a guy the Ukrainians invented time travel and the counteroffensive is going slowly because in two months they will travel back to two weeks ago and surprise everyone
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2023, 03:55:57 am »

Yeah, that plan involves Ukrainean miners being primed to undermine the Russian fleet in Fokino, as part of a distraction move that will allow frogmen to reach and sabotage the railway and timber industry at Zima, whilst the whole airforce (including a number of airships, that have been covertly built in secret a cavern dug out beneath the Chornobyl Sarcophagus) simultaneously attack the base of the Kola SDB.

But this is obviously very secret information, that I'm only letting you all know in order to win an Internet argument I'm currently having in PMs with Toady, who doesn't even think I have Zelenskyy's wife's phone-number (and second best handbag, but that is another story). I don't think even the US three-letter-agencies know of this, yet, as it hasn't been leaked on Instagram (which I read all of). And clearly you shouldn't let anyone in the Kremlin know, Max, so keep it schtum!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2023, 04:50:54 am »

Damm... Everything is leaked nowadays. At least you don't know about our secret allies from Alpha Centauri allies who will land in Moscow on... ooops
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2023, 06:24:07 am »

Kirov reporting
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2023, 07:53:17 am »

Here is another scenario: STORM THE TRENCHES How Ukraine is preparing for a ‘BIG BANG’ strike to retake Crimea, bulldoze the Russians and humiliate Vladimir Putin
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21948049/ukraine-russia-big-bang-counter-offensive/

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2023, 09:30:38 am »

Quote from: The Sun
"ex-Brit Colonel Hamish de Bretton-Gordon"
What a title! (And what a name too, but that's not their fault, or even his. I blame the parents...)

Typical of The Sun, and its tabloid shorthand, to somehow confusingly contrast with the immediately prior description of another merely "retired" British military person. To clarify, it seems that he's still a 'Brit', just an ex-colonel. And he has a wiki page, making it easy to clarify all this.

(As to the article itself, probably based upon wishful thinking, pandering to the D-Day desires of the editorial team and their prime readership, colouring and twisting the expert assessments. It'd be nice to see, but if even Sharpe and his Chosen Men couldn't free the whole peninsula, on their own[1], then it'll be a hard task. Even with the Army Of Drones assisting. A whole-lotta Dunkirk, and they'd need a much bigger chunk of Operation Mincemeat to somehow misdirect the local forces for long enough. Or maybe... just maybe... that's what Ukraine wants us(/Russia, by extension) to think. So which sleeve could possibly have all the aces up it? (Best not to answer that?))

[1] Though the production crew were offered a Nuclear Submarine, at one point, during some time off set during the confusion of the immediately ex-Soviet era... ;)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2023, 10:02:16 am »

yeah its pretty clickbait-y title in the best of Sun traditions, iirc in the interview he said its a speculation not something based on data. Regardless its an interesting scenario to muddy the water on possible future plans and no one can claim that something posted in the sun will be news to Russia.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 141