Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread - End  (Read 9297 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Game Start
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2023, 04:24:59 pm »

Sure. I can do a turn like this. Here's my stab at a at least somewhat organized turn.

Population: 10,000 (+10 Labor)
Labor Pool: 0
City Buildings: NA
Technology: Praise the Sun
Stocks: 10 labor 2 wood
Moral: 5

Work:
1 Hills: +1 Food +1 Wool -1 Labor
4 River Forest: +2 Food +1 Wood -1 Labor
5 River Plains: +3 Food -1 Labor
12 River Forest: +2 Food +1 Wood -1 Labor
13 River Forest: +2 Food +1 Wood -1 Labor

Stocks: 5 labor 10 food 1 Wool 5 Wood

Construct:
Shrine: -2 Wood -2 Labor +200 labor pool
Hall of Learning: -2 Wood -2 Labor +200 labor pool

Craft:
1 Clothing: -1 Wool +1 Clothing +100 labor pool

Stocks: 10 food 1 Wood 1 Clothing

Consume&Moral:
Population consumes 10 food
Population consumes 1 clothing for +1 moral
Population utilizes 1 spiritual luxury for +1 moral
Governor bonus gives +1 moral

Civilian moral is 8

Population growth: 7%(I'm not sure if you wanted us to do this part or for you to calculate it)
Population: 10700
Labor pool: 500+700=1200

Military:
NA

Population: 10700
Labor Pool: 1200
City Buildings: Shrine. Hall of Learning
Technology: Praise the Sun
Stocks: 1 wood
Moral: 8

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2023, 04:31:04 pm »

How much are you expecting in a turn?  Like, I had split up my labor ahead of time

...but if you want a big meaty block of text like above I can do that as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2023, 04:32:37 pm »

That said, I think we might benefit from another thread specifically for turn posts to make sure that relevant mechanical information for making turns is uncluttered by conversations and give the other players a good start where all their information is all in the same place for when they are considering their turn, although it depends on how you feel about such things. Also is there a turn format in particular that you want us to post in? Anything that we make sure to include in our turns? I tried to do a long form turn there that covers all bases but I could do a turn order as short as "Work: 1 4 5 12 13. Make: Shrine, Hall of learning, 1 Clothing. Consume: 1 Clothing" which arguably gets across all the relevant information. And obviously there's a lot of middle ground between those two.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2023, 06:03:12 pm »

Something like Toaster's is enough, I don't want to scare anyone away, but a long form like Cripfeind's is preferred. It cuts down from errors on my end, makes turns easier to run, and makes sure we're both on the same page with exactly what you want done.

For example, I assume Toaster wants to immediately use the clothes he's making. That's easy enough. But what if he had something more rare, and wanted to save it until he could get enough morale to boost production for a turn? I'd have to either go back and fix the turn later, or if I didn't notice before writing it up, delay the turn to ask.

New population doesn't get added into the bonus labor pool immediately, the turn order reference will be updated to show this. It will also show that the bonus production from morale uses the end of last turn's morale.

Game thread coming soon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2023, 06:44:19 pm »

Are buildings usable on the same turn they're produced?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2023, 06:49:45 pm »

Spoiler: Starting position (click to show/hide)

Turn being worked on. Pretty sure I didn't forget anything but if I did it can be re-added easily enough.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2023, 07:02:12 pm »

Generally no, but I'll allow storage buildings to be used immediately.

Clothes, you can start distributing as they're made. Spears, you can rotate who's practicing with the first ones. An incomplete windmill, not so much.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2023, 07:25:39 pm »

Something like Toaster's is enough, I don't want to scare anyone away, but a long form like Cripfeind's is preferred. It cuts down from errors on my end, makes turns easier to run, and makes sure we're both on the same page with exactly what you want done.

For example, I assume Toaster wants to immediately use the clothes he's making. That's easy enough. But what if he had something more rare, and wanted to save it until he could get enough morale to boost production for a turn? I'd have to either go back and fix the turn later, or if I didn't notice before writing it up, delay the turn to ask.

Cool.  I'm fully on board with a fuller post- I just wanted my intent out already to cover the "don't study everyone else's turn before posting yours" bits.  I'll either do a fuller block or maybe start quoting existing status blocks.   (And fluff!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2023, 07:46:08 pm »

Bah if your windmill isn’t quite done that just leaves it as a manual mill.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2023, 07:59:56 pm »

I guess that makes it a...

...wind-mill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2023, 08:41:43 pm »

Makes labor plan, sees that it is good, writes flavor text.

Realizes that I'm spending 3 labor to have a surplus of 5 food as a luxury, when I could use 2 labor to make a shrine and have +1 luxury PERMANENTLY.

huh guess I'll have to rewrite this shit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2023, 09:22:45 pm »

Spoiled for size, feel free to peek.
Spoiler: action! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gruggus (click to show/hide)

Hope this doesn't hit the character limit. I'll likely have less flavor text to add in the future, but it's a fun challenge to add it for each item for now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:26:11 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2023, 09:24:44 pm »

Generally no, but I'll allow storage buildings to be used immediately.

Clothes, you can start distributing as they're made. Spears, you can rotate who's practicing with the first ones. An incomplete windmill, not so much.

Oh right, that means no spirituality income for me yet. I'll change that.
You too, cryptfriend.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:27:16 pm by Egan_BW »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2023, 09:49:21 pm »

Right. Can we get a confirmation on if shrines do or don't function the turn they are made? I wasn't sure but I figured that you wouldn't be able to do labor in buildings your building that turn because of order of operations, but wasn't sure since the shrine doesn't seem to take labor and the consumption of luxury goods and changing of moral seems to happen after or between turns?

Also are you able to use irrigation on the same turn that you make it? Since it doesn't take resources to irrigate, maybe? But unsure and also Toaster did his turn assuming you can't I think.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:50:54 pm by Criptfeind »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2023, 10:01:12 pm »

I guess my brain constructed a memory saying that I get the yield of irrigation the same turn from the fact that I CAN spend wood and stone the same turn I acquire it.

...Based on the turn order, it seems legit because it's a labor action not using any resources.
And based on the turn order, the shrine question is unanswered.

Guess it doesn't matter for me if irrigation works same turn, I'd just send a mountain Grug to woods instead and wind up the same.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19