Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread - End  (Read 9312 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Initializing
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2023, 11:14:34 pm »

Somehow I doubt that starting leader bonuses will matter much by the time we're in any position to take one another out. Not to mention the era thing limiting how useful research advantage is anyways.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2023, 11:22:45 pm »

Somehow I doubt that starting leader bonuses will matter much by the time we're in any position to take one another out. Not to mention the era thing limiting how useful research advantage is anyways.

Trying to get me to lower my guard are you? Nice try big green. Nice try.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2023, 11:52:54 pm »

We’re going to have to take out Toaster fast before that research bump offs us :V

He's just trying to distract away from his plans.  I've got no expansion so I can't get to the world domination threat level.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2023, 02:03:52 am »

Yo guys I'm just gonna be green and have fun with it this is barely a competitive game anyways.

Also is leather a luxury good?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2023, 02:27:40 am »

You should all murder the greenskins so I become the best trading civ by default. Then you'll get to deal with snooty elves in fancy silks tsk tsking about how poor you are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2023, 02:30:50 am »

Green is friend.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2023, 07:44:13 am »

The Raiders agree- once the green ones are gone the Snooty elves will make for an easy target.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2023, 08:02:32 am »

Really moth, shouldn't we commons be friends? We can trade things and stuff.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2023, 10:46:27 am »

Really moth, shouldn't we commons be friends? We can trade things and stuff.

It isn’t easy being green

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2023, 04:43:28 pm »

Of course we're friends! We're the only ones who can trade with each other without completing a top secret research project on each other first.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2023, 05:02:17 pm »

Of course we're friends! We're the only ones who can trade with each other without completing a top secret research project on each other first.
Put like that, it makes it sound like a dumb mechanic.
Now I'm second-guessing myself and I'm not sure I even made the choices have enough impact on civ bonuses. Balance is hard.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2023, 07:22:51 pm »

There is simply an unspoken agreement that we are going full agro on each other and have no use for trade

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2023, 07:42:59 pm »

Balance should be easy enough if the rare race cultural/trade techs are all cheap techs, actually. It's easy to get one or two, but choosing between limiting relations like that or researching several easy techs becomes a downside.

I think I'm going to break my own rules. Since IronyOwl's elves are common, there's supposed to be another elf settlement, but that would ruin the faction special of a unique resource.

Instead, the pseudo-GMPC elves will have a bonus that gives them some free gold from trading, exact amount undetermined. Then they can cause problems in the game by filling the trade needs of NPC settlements, and then making even more money by selling mercenary contracts to players who are nice to them. But please continue fighting each other, the elves are not loot pinatas, no matter how full their vaults are with gold.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2023, 08:25:26 pm »

Now I'm second-guessing myself and I'm not sure I even made the choices have enough impact on civ bonuses. Balance is hard.

Well, one would assume we're going to have to explore a bit to even find each other, and even then we're unlikely to have enough military to seriously wallop each other (unless you full send military, that is.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2023, 09:06:59 pm »

Well, one would assume we're going to have to explore a bit to even find each other, and even then we're unlikely to have enough military to seriously wallop each other (unless you full send military, that is.)

That is why I suggested teaming up against the research rocks!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19