Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AI Generated Raws  (Read 2223 times)

AIArtificialIdiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI Generated Raws
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2023, 09:53:35 pm »

As many have said, there isn't really much of a reason to make a text generator create raws unless you're just doing it for fun. Which I valid reason I guess.

Though on the other topic, I think AI generation is fine mostly like a lot of people (as with all mediums) use it to make art lazily, but also there's a lot of neat stuff you can do with it by combining it with other mediums, heavily altering the result, and creating/using models specifically made to give a specific effect. As a 3D modeler, if I were to denounce AI generation for automating large parts of the artistic process, using others' work in a transformative way, and having a large subsection who use it for low-quality content, I would be a hypocrite; 3D modeling is full of that kind of stuff. In relation to DF specifically, I don't think AI raws are at all a concern, I doubt many people will seriously use them other than modders who have gotten bored and want to scrub through an AI output for errors. Some AI tilesets might be neat but that honestly seems like more effort than just making one the old-fashioned way for a generally worse result so I imagine it will only be done for the sake of novelty if at all.
Pages: 1 [2]