Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question DF Hack and stonesense  (Read 420 times)

Duke Dapper

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dandy as always
    • View Profile
Quick question DF Hack and stonesense
« on: March 17, 2023, 04:13:09 pm »

I have a "great" idea for a fort that I want to make to then view with stone sense. I have heard that the external application has merged with DF hack and that I just have to download it to get access to stonesense. But will I be able to open old forts after I download DF hack or only forts that were created with it installed? If I create a fort with a modified version of the game and then delete the modification a.e. DF Hack will I still be able to load the save? Sorry if this question is redundant but there is no information about this on the wiki nor the official website. Thanks for your time.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question DF Hack and stonesense
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 02:12:54 pm »

I think you need to keep your old stone sense installation to view old forts. The DFHack version won't run without DFHack. It's not so much if the fort was created with anything installed, but if you can load the save in the version of DF that your stone sense install is compatible with. DF v50.0 broke save compatibility, as did v0.4X.03 (don't remember what the X was.)

I think you might be able to run the old standalone stone sense on DF v50.07 if you give it the new memory addresses from the current DFHack. (Might want to check if there's new stone sense sprites to download.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Duke Dapper

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dandy as always
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question DF Hack and stonesense
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 03:42:33 pm »

Oki doki