Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53

Author Topic: You can't defeat the Infinite Wall of Slime, but you can level grind on it!  (Read 21278 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Welcome to the world of "You can't defeat the Infinite Wall of Slime, but you can level grind on it!". Its perhaps not the most inspired world name you heard, but it is what it is.

You are a level 1 entity. Being level 1 means that you have 5 HP and can act using 1d4! Being an entity means that you are a thing with distinct and independent existence.

Any roll of 1 will result in a failure, and any roll that is the highest number that your dice can roll will be a critical success. Better dice will roll less critical successes, but the higher the number, the more powerful the critical success will be!

You are currently in the main area. It is sort of like an empty field or something. About 20 meters away to your north is an infinitely large wall of slime. Fortunately it has a distinct edge, which is about 20 meters away from you. The wall is all colors, but it is more blue than other colors.

You also see two doors behind you. They are not connected to any walls or anything which is kind of unusual for a door. One of them is labelled "Shop" and the other one is labelled "Death", the latter of which does not have a doorknob which seems like it would make it kind of hard to open.

The Infinite Wall of Slime has Infinite HP. What do you do?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall be a zebra and I shall eat some of the wall!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Go through the door labelled "Shop" and have a look at what's there, hopefully find some loose currency to collect to maybe purchase a thing
((should I think of what entity I am in this post or does it not matter now?))
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 05:39:04 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Cast Fireball on Wall of Slime

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile

I am a tiny adorable t-rex with purple scales.

Sit around adorably and do nothing. Flee if something approaches or attacks me, though.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 1

King Zultan
Level 1 Zebra
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.
Dice: D4.

Roll: 4
You open up your maw and just go to town on the Infinite Wall of Slime, dealing 8 damage! Several slimes pop out of the wall as you do so, including a Zebra Slime, a Tree Slime and two Regular Slimes.

---

Naturegirl1999
Level 1
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Roll: 1
You attempt to open the door labelled shop, but you phase right through it. Apparently you need to define your entity first, although you're pretty sure that it wouldn't have been necessary if you rolled anything other than a 1, and also that even if you defined it you would still somehow fail to go through the door with that roll anyway.

---

Knightwing64
Level 1
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Roll: 3
You cast a Fireball on the wall of slime to deal 3 damage! A Fire Slime, unfazed by the flames pops off the wall near the point of impact.

---

Egan_BW
Level 1 Tiny Purple T-Rex
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

You wander around looking for something called 'adorably' to sit around, but are unable to find something matching that description.

----

Infinite Wall of Slime: Infinity-11/Infinity HP.
Zebra Slime: 4/4 HP
Fire Slime: 3/3 HP
Tree Slime: 2/2 HP
Regular Slime: 1/1 HP
Regular Slime: 1/1 HP
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile

Stare blankly at the sun. Or the sky, if there isn't a sun. Or the place where a sky would be, if there's no sky.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile

I might not be able to defeat the wall of slime but i can become it! ...Or at least become one with it.

I am a self-organizing and intelligent mold colony. Colonize a slime and take it over.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am a machinist.  I furiously rub a spirit level against the Wall of Slime, hoping to grind the level down.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm the tree slime. Flee in terror of the fire slime.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

I am a human adventurer and shall slay the Infinite Slime Wall!... starting with the dangerous-looking fire slime.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 2
Tip: The below actions are not necessarily in chronological order, so you might see a slime do something after it seems like it should have died or something. If you are listed as offscreen then that means you didn't post an action in the latest turn. View my previous post to see what you were up to.

King Zultan
Level 1 Zebra
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Offscreen

---

Naturegirl1999
Level 1
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Offscreen

---

Knightwing64
Level 1
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Offscreen

---

Egan_BW
Level 1 Tiny Purple T-Rex
4/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Roll: 2
You look up to find what looks like the sun. Actually, since this isn't planet earth its not actually the Sun, but rather a different star. The effect is more or less the same though. Looking directly at the star hurts your eyes and you take 1 damage!

---

Strif3
Level 1 Mold
3/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

You attempt to colonize a slime to take it over. It was the Fire Slime! Yeowch! The fire slime burns your mold and you take 2 damage!

---

A_Curious_Cat
Level 1 Machinist
5/5 HP
0/5 Exp.

Um. Okay. You take a spirit level and rub it against the Infinite Wall of Slime, and deal 3 damage to it. Your spirit level is looking a little worse for wear now. A Brick Slime gets annoyed by this and hops off the wall!

---

IronyOwl
Level 1 Tree Slime
5/5 HP
1/5 Exp.

Well you're not that particular Tree Slime, but I suppose there's no rule saying that players can't be slime so you are a Tree Slime. You successfully flee from the Fire Slime, hurting its feelings for 1 damage!

---

Fluffe9911
Level 1 Human Adventurer
5/5 HP
1/5 Exp.
Slime Coins: 2

You attempt to Slay the Fire Slime and inflict 3 damage, successfully defeating the Fire Slime! It drops 2 Slime Coins, which you loot as per adventurer tradition!

----

Infinite Wall of Slime: Infinity-13/Infinity HP.
Zebra Slime: 4/4 HP
Tree Slime: 4/4 HP
Brick Slime: 3/3 HP
Regular Slime went AWOL
Regular Slime died. 1 Slime Coin is lying around for the taking.
Fire Slime was defeated! Fluffe9911 and IronyOwl gain 1 Exp!

Zebra Slime rolled a 2, and grazes on some grass.
Tree Slime rolled a 4. It roots itself into the ground and grows bigger!
Regular Slime rolled a 4. It flees back into the Infinite Wall of Slime, leaving the area and restoring 1 HP to the wall.
Regular Slime rolled a 1. It looks directly at the star and takes 1 damage. It dies leaving behind 1 Slime Coin.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile

"Oh sweet currency."

I attempt to pick up the slime coin then continue on my slime-killing spree this time going for one of the tree slimes!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile

Absorb nutrients from the ground to heal myself.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THAT ZEBRA SLIME IS AN IMPOSTER! and a terrible mockery of my true zebra self there for I shall eat it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53