Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 28727 times)

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2023, 04:22:14 pm »

Zemaj, right now, if you aren't scum, town loses.
You should be presenting an alternate case.

uh, how?  I don't see how I'm so suspicious aside from my supposed connection to the guy that hasn't posted for 10hrs.  I think the argument is shit, but people are eating it up so I guess I'm in line for D2.  My best hope is cop makes a good inspection, and saves my ass.

At least, if you flip town.  But as I am better than ~70% on you being scum, I'm pretty sure people will let this silly idea that two people reading each other town and agreeing is utterly damning.  Sometimes, people just agree, dispite their better judgement.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2023, 04:27:06 pm »

are you trying to cause a tie, Jim Groovester?

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2023, 04:33:12 pm »

I think the argument is shit, but people are eating it up so I guess I'm in line for D2.  My best hope is cop makes a good inspection, and saves my ass.

At least, if you flip town.  But as I am better than ~70% on you being scum, I'm pretty sure people will let this silly idea that two people reading each other town and agreeing is utterly damning.  Sometimes, people just agree, dispite their better judgement.
I don't think the argument is shit. Especially if Max is town. Fluffe isn't even considering Max here. Fluffe would rather consider you and FoU together than Max being mafia.

If anything he made the gap wider.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2023, 04:39:41 pm »

Tracking from IronyOwl's votecount, which accurately tracks from notquitethere's votecount,

No I'm not trying to cause a tie and I didn't cause one.

You're dangerous and weird.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2023, 04:41:32 pm »

Okay. It was about me anyway.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2023, 04:43:49 pm »

lmao
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2023, 04:47:07 pm »

Nice.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 31, 2023, 04:50:57 pm »

I think the argument is shit, but people are eating it up so I guess I'm in line for D2.  My best hope is cop makes a good inspection, and saves my ass.

I don't think the argument is shit. Especially if Max is town. Fluffe isn't even considering Max here. Fluffe would rather consider you and FoU together than Max being mafia.

So you think Fluffe's arguments and thoughts are better than mine?  Really?  You've mentioned being ill, is it a fever? 

I'm kind of deflated from all this sudden turn on me... based on an argument that comes from a lurker focusing on early interactions, that all, somehow I'm not clear on, make me specifically look worse than the other guy.  Sure you eliminate him next.  Great.  IMO, two town gone.  Only thing that makes it palatable is my confidence that Max is one of scum.  So I'm good... that's still 2 shots to get scum, which I think is likely.  Not my favorite outcome, where I live to the end with a win, but a win, which is better than a loss.

PPE:

Noice

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2023, 04:52:02 pm »

Mafia are Max/Fluffe or zemaj/FoU.
Guess I'm going with this.

I'm not entirely sold on the scumteam model because it's very brittle; even a slightly weird action from either scum could totally throw it off. But I don't have a better idea and we're out of time.

Good luck everyone.

Nice.
lmao indeed
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2023, 04:52:15 pm »

But as I am better than ~70% on you being scum, I'm pretty sure people will let this silly idea that two people reading each other town and agreeing is utterly damning.  Sometimes, people just agree, dispite their better judgement.
Okay, well, that's a stupid reason to take an L, but whatever. I gave you a chance.

If you were paying attention you would've seen the cop only inspects on even nights so D2 will go without.

If it isn't you I think your most likely bet is ToonyMan and... IronyOwl, I guess. So, good luck with that. Looks like it won't be my problem.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2023, 04:57:04 pm »

Let me just say that I love the 300 IQ move of voting somebody for causing a tie that never happened and then running off without correcting it thirty minutes before the end of the day.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2023, 04:57:47 pm »

But as I am better than ~70% on you being scum, I'm pretty sure people will let this silly idea that two people reading each other town and agreeing is utterly damning.  Sometimes, people just agree, dispite their better judgement.
Okay, well, that's a stupid reason to take an L, but whatever. I gave you a chance.

If you were paying attention you would've seen the cop only inspects on even nights so D2 will go without.

If it isn't you I think your most likely bet is ToonyMan and... IronyOwl, I guess. So, good luck with that. Looks like it won't be my problem.

Exactly, cop inspects tonight, gets scum (I hope), that influences D2 elimination.  That's how I understand it, anyway.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2023, 04:58:46 pm »

Exactly, cop inspects tonight, gets scum (I hope), that influences D2 elimination.  That's how I understand it, anyway.
One is an odd number.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2023, 04:59:06 pm »

So you think Fluffe's arguments and thoughts are better than mine?  Really?  You've mentioned being ill, is it a fever?
It's not a fever I think it's a really bad cold. I've had it for the majority of this game so if we lose I blame that. 

I'm kind of deflated from all this sudden turn on me... based on an argument that comes from a lurker focusing on early interactions, that all, somehow I'm not clear on, make me specifically look worse than the other guy.  Sure you eliminate him next.  Great.  IMO, two town gone.  Only thing that makes it palatable is my confidence that Max is one of scum.  So I'm good... that's still 2 shots to get scum, which I think is likely.  Not my favorite outcome, where I live to the end with a win, but a win, which is better than a loss.
I don't think it's a sudden turn I've been pretty adamant of my suspicions if Max is town. Do you see why I think it's odd you rate FoU so highly as town? And that FoU does the same for you? You even pointed out to Jim earlier in this game that they had paranoia about me, but apparently have resigned themselves to their fate and trust that I'm town. I don't see that kind of resolution with you and FoU.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2023, 05:00:14 pm »

Let me just say that I love the 300 IQ move of voting somebody for causing a tie that never happened and then running off without correcting it thirty minutes before the end of the day.

Never mind, day evidently ends in half an hour.

I retract my comment, at least for that long.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15