Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 28898 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2023, 07:41:55 pm »

Jim is cruelly teasing. Definitely town.
This is an incredibly strong read when I'm not even that confident, and I'm the one with Jimdar.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2023, 08:15:39 pm »

Posting to show I exist!
You do exist! You don't seem very interested in finding scum, though.

My honest to goodness first instinct after reading this was to make commentary about old school Bay 12 Mafia meta, but I'll give you a bit more time to work.
Am I outdated, washed up, out of touch, not bussin with the no-cap mafia style everyone's all about these days?

I see we're still going with the tried and true RVS strategy of lol don't bother, so at least that's familiar.

Inclined to feel like this is town ToonyMan. Maybe in this game I can do what I honestly feel like I should do every game I play with ToonyMan and literally sheep him and let him carry me to victory.
What do you think town's best option would be for dealing with the scenario of both you and Toony being scum?

a1s seems like town, does anybody want to discuss why?
Yes. He felt town to me when I was underestimating the effects of nightkills on scum strategy, but now the feeling's evaporated. What's your read?

How many people believe town!Fluffe would behave like this on D1? We only have one game as reference and it's true the difference between their D1 and later days was distinct, but we don't have that time here.
Not familiar with him, but it reads like standard vapid wait-for-something-to-happen RVS play to me. I would blind guess he'd be quieter or more aggressive as scum, rather than energetically useless.

MaximumSpin, who do you feel like killing right now?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2023, 08:27:18 pm »

I wish I were the kind of sulky loser who could answer "myself", but I'm just more of an "everyone" kind of guy. Well, just like it says in my personal text.

ToonyMan, you are not doing a very good job today.

Ehhhhh, I think it's Jamez. I mean Zemaj.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2023, 09:20:36 pm »

Fluffe and IronyOwl being together would be...odd.
Alrighty since people want me to actually do more things on the first day than just meme around I guess ill bite why would me and Irony be odd?

Also @Fallacy why ya seem so confident it aint Zemaj? Ya even said he was def town even before he posted anything lol.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2023, 10:12:18 pm »

Sorry I'm late... what did I mis-  oh, still on p4, so not much.  We do only have 3 days total to figure this, correct?

That he's a new player trying to act stereotypically 'cool' because he doesn't know what else he should be doing, yet.

Every game is a learning game.
zemaj is inexperienced but feels like he's actually trying, in a you know, TricMagic like fashion. If it works it works. Town.

I'm starting to get the impression someone doesn't much care for my meta...

Fluffe and Owl need to do things. Neutral. Maybe a little less so on Fluffe, but I'm happy to change that once he steps into the playing field fully.

zemaj is inexperienced but feels like he's actually trying, in a you know, TricMagic like fashion. If it works it works. Town.

ToonyMan be engaging with the game, though I'm not sure if he's right about a1s.

a1s is oddly playful this time around.

I almost forgot Max exists. Not a good sign. Of course he could just be busy. Brain doesn't want to see him as scum yet.

Call me criminal but it could be a1s and Fluffe. Genuinely.

I actually like the posts a1s' finally did make... not exactly helpful in the surest sense of the word, but they definitely got a rise out of Max, and promoted some discussion.  It's thin to be sure, but it is something.

Posting to show I exist!
You do exist! You don't seem very interested in finding scum, though.

My honest to goodness first instinct after reading this was to make commentary about old school Bay 12 Mafia meta, but I'll give you a bit more time to work.
Am I outdated, washed up, out of touch, not bussin with the no-cap mafia style everyone's all about these days?

I see we're still going with the tried and true RVS strategy of lol don't bother, so at least that's familiar.

Based

I wish I were the kind of sulky loser who could answer "myself", but I'm just more of an "everyone" kind of guy. Well, just like it says in my personal text.

Yeah, fuck that guy.  I'm pretty sure he misspelled his username, too...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2023, 10:35:44 pm »

Also @Fallacy why ya seem so confident it aint Zemaj? Ya even said he was def town even before he posted anything lol.

I've never seen him before, but this isn't really a meta read. It just looks like he's playing too aggressively to be scum. There's no hesitation at all.

His sense of humor might not be salvageable, though.

This is an incredibly strong read when I'm not even that confident, and I'm the one with Jimdar.

I don't use definitely to actually mean definitely, I use definitely to mean 'somewhat confident'.

Jim's meanness and playful degradation are more detached when he's scum.

Why is that?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2023, 01:12:52 am »

we need to speedrun this a bit, so lets go ahead and pull out some D2 tricks:

MY LIST in order from pinging the Scumdar10000TM least to most:

zemaj - a paragon of insight and a marvel of townieness
Toony - several posts with light prods & even reads
IronyOwl - few posts, but one did have a prod attached.
Fallacy - has tried to move conversation, even made a posit or two... trying to be TL?  Sus, but not comdemning
Max - 2 posts, throwing two names with nothing further on first, but making an assertation I can agree with on second... meh, its D1, still...
Jim - lots of posts right at the start, then nothing... went to bed?
Fluffe - posts read much like the name-sake
a1s - no posts

I like that zemaj made a reads list, but the reads themselves are kind of unsatisfying. There's a lot of summary and not a lot of evaluation and judgment. If the list weren't ranked I would have no idea who he actually suspected.

Is your list of suspects today the same as it was yesterday?

Yes, but if you were scum you would already know who is town.
Not a player nor the mod, but don't use the red text unless you're voting.

This player is obviously scum.

Quote from: Jim Groovester
You're leaving a much different impression this game compared to the late game of Wormwood Mafia. In that game you were fucking ready to rumble, but here the feistiness is missing.
Early game Fluffe does not equal late game Fluffe lol.

But Fluffe9911,

we only have early game.

So you better turn yourself into late game Fluffe9911 pretty damn quick.

I mean, people,

we need to figure out the game, like, now. The lack of fire I see is going to guarantee a town loss.

I don't have all that much time for this game (I'm in the process of slowly moving flats) so looking for a good shepherd (submit you candidature now!)

I know I said I should sheep ToonyMan but reading this is really unsatisfying.

I think if a1s was town they'd post exactly like they did here.

This is

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

probably true.

reads

Not that I agree with all of these reads but this feels like a sane list for FallacyofUrist to have. FallacyofUrist also makes terribly transparent agenda-driven decisions as scum and I'm not seeing that here, so he's either leveled up significantly or he's probably town.

I'm going to keep my vote on FallacyofUrist though because voting is irrelevant until the deadline anyway.

Yes.

Happy to have you.

The true gameplay evolution regarding the random vote stage isn't that it sucks and that we should try to be productive and useful instead, but that having fun and shitposting is informative and gameplay relevant.

Inclined to feel like this is town ToonyMan. Maybe in this game I can do what I honestly feel like I should do every game I play with ToonyMan and literally sheep him and let him carry me to victory.
What do you think town's best option would be for dealing with the scenario of both you and Toony being scum?

I mean if ToonyMan is scum then town is pretty well fucked. My scum game is terrible so it's not as bad for the town if I'm scum. I don't really see a scenario where town wins if it's ToonyMan, since I doubt enough town ever agree to rank him high enough on their POE by the end of Day 1 for him to be eliminated.

I recognize the old school effort.

What's your feeling on who you want to lynch and in what order?

I wish I were the kind of sulky loser who could answer "myself", but I'm just more of an "everyone" kind of guy.

Man, look at Mr. Sunshine and Rainbows here.

Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mon Tues Wednesdays.

But how!?

So, to reiterate, we kind of need to figure out the game, which is a pretty tall order, because the end of Day 1 is approaching pretty quickly and we need to have it all figured out by then. So, chilling out and not really doing anything isn't going to cut it.

If the day ended now I think my POE list would look like:

Maximum Spin
Flufffe9911
Irony Owl
zemaj
a1s
FallacyofUrist
ToonyMan
Jim Groovester

ToonyMan feels pretty good. FallacyofUrist also feels good. a1s' unbelievably low effort play somehow makes him more likely to be town than not. zemaj and Irony Owl are okay but could be a lot better. Fluffe9911 hasn't really done anything. Maximum Spin has boldly voted people but also hasn't really done anything.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2023, 02:27:25 am »

I like Maximum Spin for this, but historically my guesses are less than accurate....
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2023, 04:28:00 am »

Look, Jamez iz all over the place here. Loud but insubstantial with a forzed *~*HILARIOUS*~* pretenze that makes it eazy to keep making noize without saying anything that might incriminate.

In fact, I understand why Fallacy thinks he's town because he's acting like scum Fallacy acts when he's trying to act like he thinks town would act.

If he gets it together and starts being useful, then I'll recalibrate, but right now it looks more like he's trying to audition for a one-man show on basic cable.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - (Short, Beginner Friendly). Baking roles...
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2023, 07:20:06 am »

Vote Count
- Toonyman
- Jim Groovester
- MaximumSpin - [2] Irony Owl, a1s
- FallacyofUrist - [1]  Jim Groovester
- Fluffe9911
- a1s - [3] Toony, Zemaj, FallacyofUrist
- Zemaj - [1] MaximumSpin
- Irony Owl
- No Elimination

Not voting: Fluffe9911,

~34 hours remaining

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2023, 10:22:59 am »

I still feel like crap.

a1s seems like town, does anybody want to discuss why?
Yes. He felt town to me when I was underestimating the effects of nightkills on scum strategy, but now the feeling's evaporated. What's your read?

How many people believe town!Fluffe would behave like this on D1? We only have one game as reference and it's true the difference between their D1 and later days was distinct, but we don't have that time here.
Not familiar with him, but it reads like standard vapid wait-for-something-to-happen RVS play to me. I would blind guess he'd be quieter or more aggressive as scum, rather than energetically useless.
I don't understand what you mean about a1s, but I think they're probably town. I don't think they post colors again and also say they're going to blindly sheep a player. I feel like mafia want to prop each other up as the best looking players because they should win if at least one mafia is at the bottom of everyone's list.

Your opinion about Fluffe looks honest to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2023, 10:29:39 am »

What am I doing wrong?

Why zemaj? What about me and FoU?

I feel like you aren't really paranoid about Jim at all when he has you first on his kill list, with a1s joining as well. Is Jim coming from a good place?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2023, 10:32:57 am »

Fluffe and IronyOwl being together would be...odd.
Alrighty since people want me to actually do more things on the first day than just meme around I guess ill bite why would me and Irony be odd?
Irony threw shade on you in their first post. I don't believe mafia want to hurt their reputation in a game like this, because looking good really matters when we can't change our opinions after this day is over and robots take over our minds.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2023, 10:40:23 am »

Look, Jamez iz all over the place here. Loud but insubstantial with a forzed *~*HILARIOUS*~* pretenze that makes it eazy to keep making noize without saying anything that might incriminate.

In fact, I understand why Fallacy thinks he's town because he's acting like scum Fallacy acts when he's trying to act like he thinks town would act.

If he gets it together and starts being useful, then I'll recalibrate, but right now it looks more like he's trying to audition for a one-man show on basic cable.
I don't really agree. If zemaj is acting like a one-man show it's working: they don't look like scum to me. I think your accusation feels more like a personal grudge against their playstyle than actually suspecting them of being scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2023, 10:43:30 am »

@Jim post:

I don't think Jim is scum unless it's with FoU or a1s.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15