Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 26795 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2023, 10:55:52 am »

Why zemaj? What about me and FoU?
Am I not allowed to make jokes anymore? Someone did this to me last time I was town, too. I was just joking about the fact that you immediately backed him up. It was basically an excuse for an opening post to say, hey, I'm here now.

Why would I be paranoid about Jim?

What you're doing wrong is that all your teams have me in them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2023, 11:01:17 am »

Do we submit lists after the D1 flip happens? I assume so.

Max, I want to hear your opinion about Jim.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2023, 11:03:40 am »

Do we submit lists after the D1 flip happens? I assume so.
Correct.

D1 happens as normal, if someone is eliminated then there is a flip. Then players submit their lists based on their understanding of the game at that point. Then the rest of the game is automated based on the lists.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2023, 11:07:19 am »

I rate him at medium-high. I trust him less than some, but more than others. I don't really think he's scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2023, 11:32:08 am »

I rate him at medium-high. I trust him less than some, but more than others. I don't really think he's scum.
What sounds better: zemaj and Fluffe OR zemaj and IronyOwl?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2023, 11:39:49 am »

What sounds better: zemaj and Fluffe OR zemaj and IronyOwl?
Ironyowl, I think.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2023, 12:05:08 pm »

I really wish people would share their eliminations lists. Some level of coordination is going to be required to pull this off, I think.

I still feel like crap.

Feel better, ToonyMan.

Look, Jamez iz all over the place here. Loud but insubstantial with a forzed *~*HILARIOUS*~* pretenze that makes it eazy to keep making noize without saying anything that might incriminate.

In fact, I understand why Fallacy thinks he's town because he's acting like scum Fallacy acts when he's trying to act like he thinks town would act.

If he gets it together and starts being useful, then I'll recalibrate, but right now it looks more like he's trying to audition for a one-man show on basic cable.

I get where you're coming from (and not to totally sheep ToonyMan's opinions) but I would more readily attribute it to a style clash rather than any intentional malice on his part.

I really do wish there was more substance to his posts though. Not the only one I feel that way about though.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2023, 01:08:50 pm »

we need to speedrun this a bit, so lets go ahead and pull out some D2 tricks:

MY LIST in order from pinging the Scumdar10000TM least to most:

zemaj - a paragon of insight and a marvel of townieness
Toony - several posts with light prods & even reads
IronyOwl - few posts, but one did have a prod attached.
Fallacy - has tried to move conversation, even made a posit or two... trying to be TL?  Sus, but not comdemning
Max - 2 posts, throwing two names with nothing further on first, but making an assertation I can agree with on second... meh, its D1, still...
Jim - lots of posts right at the start, then nothing... went to bed?
Fluffe - posts read much like the name-sake
a1s - no posts

I like that zemaj made a reads list, but the reads themselves are kind of unsatisfying. There's a lot of summary and not a lot of evaluation and judgment. If the list weren't ranked I would have no idea who he actually suspected.

Is your list of suspects today the same as it was yesterday?

Yes.  I am definitely working with the exact same list of players.  My reads on them, however, shift with every post.  On occasion, within the same post.  Allow me to elaborate:

<snip>
I mean if ToonyMan is scum then town is pretty well fucked. My scum game is terrible so it's not as bad for the town if I'm scum. I don't really see a scenario where town wins if it's ToonyMan, since I doubt enough town ever agree to rank him high enough on their POE by the end of Day 1 for him to be eliminated.
<snip>

this bit...

<snip>
If the day ended now I think my POE list would look like:

Maximum Spin
Flufffe9911
Irony Owl
zemaj
a1s
FallacyofUrist
ToonyMan
Jim Groovester

ToonyMan feels pretty good. FallacyofUrist also feels good. a1s' unbelievably low effort play somehow makes him more likely to be town than not. zemaj and Irony Owl are okay but could be a lot better. Fluffe9911 hasn't really done anything. Maximum Spin has boldly voted people but also hasn't really done anything.

... jars in my mind with this bit.  While both may be true, shouldn't some of that suspicion bleed into your POE?  You have the person you say are most dangerous as scum directly above yourself.  I mean, it happens I agree with all of it, so I'm wondering why you aren't more suspicious for that, as I am.

Look, Jamez iz all over the place here. Loud but insubstantial with a forzed *~*HILARIOUS*~* pretenze that makes it eazy to keep making noize without saying anything that might incriminate.

In fact, I understand why Fallacy thinks he's town because he's acting like scum Fallacy acts when he's trying to act like he thinks town would act.

If he gets it together and starts being useful, then I'll recalibrate, but right now it looks more like he's trying to audition for a one-man show on basic cable.

Well that's, like, your opinion, man.

I don't really agree. If zemaj is acting like a one-man show it's working: they don't look like scum to me. I think your accusation feels more like a personal grudge against their playstyle than actually suspecting them of being scum.

just pointing out that, if so, it is totally valid.  I get my humor and meta aren't to everyone's preference, and RVS can be expression of that.  It was rather late for RVS, but this game has been oddly slow for the nature of the setup, imo.

I really do wish there was more substance to his posts though. Not the only one I feel that way about though.

Feelings mutual, though your last few have been much better.

As for a POE with reads... well POE anyway, lack of substantive posting by some players make it much more difficult to get a read, which usually defaults to scummy for me:

a1s - few posts and those lack content, eliminating lurkers is usually good D1, and I think this setup favors that ploy by scum... if you can get everyone to forget about you, or even just read you neutral enough, the average daily vote could end up narrowly missing you far into the progression.
Fluffe - same as a1s, but did eventually post something meaningful when pressed, so slightly less
Maximum Spin - argument is pretty much the same as both the above, and Max has done more contributing when pressed, so he gets a lesser spot.

The above players are basically interchangeable.  I'd swap a vote to any of them without much argument, at least one is scum, fairly confident of this.

Irony Owl - actual posts with actual content.  More would be better, but perfect world and all...  Overall, null.
Jim Groovester - quality rises with most posts and gut feeling says less likely scum.
ToonyMan - Mr Conversation starter is helpful.  It's enough to make me suspicious, but if Toony is scum, we are hosed.  He's too much all over this, and posts are good.  If I had proof he was scum, I'm not sure I could get anyone to believe it... hell, I'm not sure I would believe it.
FallacyofUrist - differences of playstyle aside, I've got good feeling here.  Basically the same slot as Toony, without the apprehension.
zemaj - just using this space to comment on how weird it is that people include themselves in their reads.  Self-vote is pretty much the lowest form of AtE.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2023, 01:47:38 pm »

grr... formatting fail.  Should have read more like:
As for a POE with reads... well POE anyway, lack of substantive posting by some players make it much more difficult to get a read, which usually defaults to scummy for me:

a1s - few posts and those lack content, eliminating lurkers is usually good D1, and I think this setup favors that ploy by scum... if you can get everyone to forget about you, or even just read you neutral enough, the average daily vote could end up narrowly missing you far into the progression.
Fluffe - same as a1s, but did eventually post something meaningful when pressed, so slightly less
Maximum Spin - argument is pretty much the same as both the above, and Max has done more contributing when pressed, so he gets a lesser spot.

The above players are basically interchangeable.  I'd swap a vote to any of them without much argument, at least one is scum, fairly confident of this.

Irony Owl - actual posts with actual content.  More would be better, but perfect world and all...  Overall, null.
Jim Groovester - quality rises with most posts and gut feeling says less likely scum.

These two I'm less inclined to Eliminate.  Wouldn't be surprised if one or the other was scum, but the other almost certainly isn't.  Still, to avoid a no-elimination, I'd hop on a train for either.

ToonyMan - Mr Conversation starter is helpful.  It's enough to make me suspicious, but if Toony is scum, we are hosed.  He's too much all over this, and posts are good.  If I had proof he was scum, I'm not sure I could get anyone to believe it... hell, I'm not sure I would believe it.
FallacyofUrist - differences of playstyle aside, I've got good feeling here.  Basically the same slot as Toony, without the apprehension.
zemaj - just using this space to comment on how weird it is that people include themselves in their reads.  Self-vote is pretty much the lowest form of AtE.

to elaborate: 

Every scumteam I can think of only makes sense with one from first group, and one from second.  As stated, I think it would be a better than average ploy by scum to lurk in this abbreviated setup.  Thus one of group1.  Group2 almost certainly has the other.  Its a terrible ploy to lurk usually and any experienced players would know this and avoid it just out of habit. 
I'm leaning toward a a1s/Fluffe + Irony Owl scumteam.  Max + Jim doesn't feel right for some reason I'm having difficult articulating, and Max + Irony Owl is similarly unsatisfactory.  This may be an expression of my avoidance to OMGUS Max, but I actually have no problem with a scumteam entirely from group1, outside of the problem of both scum being in the lurker camp, which seems improbable.  a1s/Fluffe + Jim is possible, but those interactions seem less passive than I tend to think of scum team interactions in-thread.

I'd be shocked if either Fallacy or Toony were scum at this point, in case I haven't made that clear.  Feel free to change my mind, though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2023, 04:01:26 pm »

This may be an expression of my avoidance to OMGUS Max, but I actually have no problem with a scumteam entirely from group1, outside of the problem of both scum being in the lurker camp, which seems improbable.
It's possible but I don't think it's likely they win in this case.

I don't think anybody could convince me to vote zemaj at this point, the only thing they could do more would have been to color code their reads. I'm worried this is like Magma Mater in Matrix6 or Nakeen in FBYOR5 where I get tricked by scum, but if they're deciding to put in the effort and thought I just don't see them faking their suspicions here.

If zemaj is scum I want to say it's most likely with FoU, but I've been supportive of FoU for once. It actually annoys me that other players have shown the same trustworthiness of FoU in this game when normally the opposite is true. Are players seeing the same thing I'm seeing, or is always scum FoU getting a lucky chance? I still believe in the former.

I'm not really happy about how Fluffe or a1s are playing today, but I'm more convinced of a1s being town here based on my previous game experience. I also have a harder time putting a1s with someone compared to Fluffe.

My list right now would be something like:

Irony
Max
Fluffe
FoU
zemaj
Jim
a1s

However, that's without the knowledge of any player's alignment.

I'm not completely unconvinced of FoU/zemaj or FoU/Jim being a thing, due to me questioning liking FoU for once.

Am I rating a1s too highly? I think it makes Jim look better, unless they're with FoU.

If neither Max or Irony are mafia I'm very lost. It's also possible they're both mafia, but I don't find that too likely because of their distancing. If Irony is mafia I'm having a hard time seeing a convincing partner honestly. Maybe there's a better first vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2023, 04:16:13 pm »

If IronyOwl is town:
Max - top mafia pick
Fluffe - second most likely pick
FoU - same tier as Jim honestly
Jim - same as FoU
zemaj - not feeling it, maybe with FoU
a1s - not feeling it

If it's not Max/Fluffe then we probably lose.

If IronyOwl is mafia:
zemaj - I guess, hard to see a connection
Max - still seems possible? some distancing going on, not convincing
Fluffe - I don't think Irony and Fluffe are both scum, don't really see anything else though
FoU - I don't know, hard to see a connection
a1s - not really seeing as scum, seems more likely though
Jim - really hard to see a connection

I look at zemaj more seriously and change the order to reflect this. I'm not as convinced by this list, but I guess with one mafia down it should be easier.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2023, 04:22:18 pm »

Also @Fallacy why ya seem so confident it aint Zemaj? Ya even said he was def town even before he posted anything lol.

I've never seen him before, but this isn't really a meta read. It just looks like he's playing too aggressively to be scum. There's no hesitation at all.

His sense of humor might not be salvageable, though.
Aint playing too aggressively normally a scum sign though?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2023, 05:11:08 pm »

I hope everyone feels like they're 2/3rds of the way to lynching someone to get information on how to lynch everyone else!

I see we're still going with the tried and true RVS strategy of lol don't bother, so at least that's familiar.

The true gameplay evolution regarding the random vote stage isn't that it sucks and that we should try to be productive and useful instead, but that having fun and shitposting is informative and gameplay relevant.
Perhaps there is wisdom in these new ways after all.

I mean if ToonyMan is scum then town is pretty well fucked. My scum game is terrible so it's not as bad for the town if I'm scum. I don't really see a scenario where town wins if it's ToonyMan, since I doubt enough town ever agree to rank him high enough on their POE by the end of Day 1 for him to be eliminated.

What's your feeling on who you want to lynch and in what order?
Toony and Max both scare me, because I don't know how to read either. I'm therefore inclined to murder them first. I feel like I know Max well enough to think he'd approve of this approach.

On the fence about zemaj. I agree with Max's read that he's saying a lot without saying anything, less sure what to make of that.
a1s feels like he's got no time.
Fluffe feels like derpy town or incredibly energetic scum.

You and Toony are both largely the engines of productive content at the moment. Not just in reads and prods and such, but in pointing out obvious structural problems with how we're doing business. You both also seem to have intensified efforts as the day draws to a close, which implies towniness. There are a few things that bug me about each of you, though.

FoU feels town but it weirds me out that everyone seems really convinced that he's town. So I guess he's at the bottom of my list, but I can't help but raise an eyebrow at the golden pass he's getting.

So, to reiterate, we kind of need to figure out the game, which is a pretty tall order, because the end of Day 1 is approaching pretty quickly and we need to have it all figured out by then. So, chilling out and not really doing anything isn't going to cut it.
What do you think of the ramifications of scum knowing everyone's list versus town knowing everyone's list?

How do you rate this in comparison to just lurking?

@Jim post:

I don't think Jim is scum unless it's with FoU or a1s.
Why not?

Is your scumlist any different from your playing poorly list?

ToonyMan:
If IronyOwl is town:
Max - top mafia pick
Fluffe - second most likely pick
FoU - same tier as Jim honestly
Jim - same as FoU
zemaj - not feeling it, maybe with FoU
a1s - not feeling it

If it's not Max/Fluffe then we probably lose.

If IronyOwl is mafia:
zemaj - I guess, hard to see a connection
Max - still seems possible? some distancing going on, not convincing
Fluffe - I don't think Irony and Fluffe are both scum, don't really see anything else though
FoU - I don't know, hard to see a connection
a1s - not really seeing as scum, seems more likely though
Jim - really hard to see a connection

I look at zemaj more seriously and change the order to reflect this. I'm not as convinced by this list, but I guess with one mafia down it should be easier.
Why is zemaj first if I'm scum and second to last if I'm not?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - (Short, Beginner Friendly). Baking roles...
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2023, 05:32:24 pm »

Two thirds of D1 have passed.

Vote Count
- Toonyman - [1] Irony Owl
- Jim Groovester
- MaximumSpin - [1] a1s
- FallacyofUrist - [1]  Jim Groovester
- Fluffe9911
- a1s - [3] Toony, Zemaj, FallacyofUrist
- Zemaj - [1] MaximumSpin
- Irony Owl
- No Elimination

Not voting: Fluffe9911,

~24 hours remaining

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2023, 05:51:07 pm »

<scumlist>

Is your scumlist any different from your playing poorly list?

Hmmm... now that is a loaded question, with a subjective qualifier. 

I'll still bite though:  a bit.  Stratified the same, but FoU would be mid with you, Jim would probably be with Toony.  Then bring everyone (and I am not excusing myself from that) down a couple tiers.  Activity has been much lower than I would have expected, and lets face it, not every post is going to be gold, or even lead, so we need some quantity unless we all up the quality post haste.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15