Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 17157 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2023, 05:58:47 pm »

@Irony:
I don't think Jim is mafia with Max, Fluffe, you, or zemaj. Mafia!Jim backing up my support of a town!FoU or town!a1s when he could stick with his initial impression of always suspecting FoU or getting a free vote on a1s makes less sense to me. I think a mafia!Jim only agrees with me on these two if he's partners with them. A mafia!Jim could be appealing to my nature and just dismissing their partner to try to win that way I guess. We won't be able to reassess anything which hurts, so I need to be decisive here.

I don't really think zemaj is mafia. I originally also had Max as my next choice regardless of whether you're town or mafia, but decided to give Max a buffer if you're mafia, since he could be reading the game better than me, hence zemaj first since Max suspects zemaj and considers you a possible partner.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2023, 06:50:48 pm »

zemaj has managed to impress me, much to my surprise.

Currently, a1s is slated to be executed, and I think we need to strongly justify whoever we execute this day. The only day. It's the execution that will serve as the foundation for everyone's lists (and or sheeps), so we need to put more into it than casual votes.

Aint playing too aggressively normally a scum sign though?
I'd argue the opposite, unless it's unfocused. At least in the bay 12 meta, we see a good few highly aggressive town players. Jim likes that style, and tends to be more reserved when he's scum.

I think the scum have already revealed themselves. We just have to spot them.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2023, 07:10:03 pm »

<scumlist>

Is your scumlist any different from your playing poorly list?

Hmmm... now that is a loaded question, with a subjective qualifier. 
What makes you say it's loaded?

I'll still bite though:  a bit.  Stratified the same, but FoU would be mid with you, Jim would probably be with Toony.  Then bring everyone (and I am not excusing myself from that) down a couple tiers.  Activity has been much lower than I would have expected, and lets face it, not every post is going to be gold, or even lead, so we need some quantity unless we all up the quality post haste.
So you think worse play is directly correlated with likelihood of being scum, with the exception of Jim who's scummier than his play would indicate and FoU who's townier?

@Irony:
I don't think Jim is mafia with Max, Fluffe, you, or zemaj. Mafia!Jim backing up my support of a town!FoU or town!a1s when he could stick with his initial impression of always suspecting FoU or getting a free vote on a1s makes less sense to me. I think a mafia!Jim only agrees with me on these two if he's partners with them. A mafia!Jim could be appealing to my nature and just dismissing their partner to try to win that way I guess. We won't be able to reassess anything which hurts, so I need to be decisive here.

I don't really think zemaj is mafia. I originally also had Max as my next choice regardless of whether you're town or mafia, but decided to give Max a buffer if you're mafia, since he could be reading the game better than me, hence zemaj first since Max suspects zemaj and considers you a possible partner.
Interesting. Any other team-based highlights come to your attention lately?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2023, 09:18:49 pm »

Irony: I think it's worse than just lurking.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2023, 10:35:42 pm »

Interesting. Any other team-based highlights come to your attention lately?
I think Max/Fluffe is the most likely from my POV.

I think zemaj/FoU or zemaj/Jim are most likely if both Max and Fluffe are town. I really don't feel zemaj is mafia which is why I have a hard time considering this.

I think zemaj/Irony is possible if Max is town. I also have a hard time considering this.

I'm willing to vote Max or Irony here. I put Irony at the top of my list to see their reaction, but I'm unsure who is a better vote. I think it's unlikely both are mafia, but still possible. I'm worried about ranking Max too highly if Irony were to flip mafia today though, because it could be a ploy from the position they're in.

I'm not sure who Fluffe would be with if Max is town, so I would likely rank him higher if Max flipped town today.

I don't see a1s with anyone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2023, 10:40:48 pm »

I don't see a1s with anyone.
Jim is the only person I could see, but I find it less convincing than Jim with FoU or zemaj.

zemaj/FoU seems more likely than zemaj/Jim to me, if I had to pick between the two right now.

Now let me continue dying in the corner.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2023, 10:50:51 pm »

Ah, crap, is this going to be one of those ones where I have to get lynched to get everyone to focus?
I guess, since there is no rest of the game anyway and I have no power, I'm okay with that.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2023, 11:42:35 pm »

<scumlist>

... the definition?

I'll still bite though:  a bit.  Stratified the same, but FoU would be mid with you, Jim would probably be with Toony.  Then bring everyone (and I am not excusing myself from that) down a couple tiers.  Activity has been much lower than I would have expected, and lets face it, not every post is going to be gold, or even lead, so we need some quantity unless we all up the quality post haste.
So you think worse play is directly correlated with likelihood of being scum, with the exception of Jim who's scummier than his play would indicate and FoU who's townier?

Did I say that?  Pretty sure you are the only one who said any such thing.  Please learn the difference between what is stated and what you would like to hear.

Ah, crap, is this going to be one of those ones where I have to get lynched to get everyone to focus?
I guess, since there is no rest of the game anyway and I have no power, I'm okay with that.

Well, if that is an offer... I'd be ok with it, too.  Maximum Spin

Humor me and explain why this is a bad idea.  A full paragraph and I'll dance at your wedding.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2023, 01:49:59 am »

Acquiring and posting reads would be more productive for that. I don't think your current townflip would tell me anything.

zemaj:
<scumlist>

... the definition?
This is profoundly unhelpful. Make it helpful.

Did I say that?  Pretty sure you are the only one who said any such thing.  Please learn the difference between what is stated and what you would like to hear.
How does what you said differ from what I said you said?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2023, 02:59:11 am »

Since I'm going to die in the first day/night anyway, I might as well claim to be The Odd Night Doctor. If not lynched I can promise to save one of you from night-death (if simply by being the Mafia's first target.)

I don't need a read list, because I'm going to sheep Toonyman.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2023, 03:02:28 am »

Sigh do we have any counterclaims? Anyone else who claims to be the doctor?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2023, 03:07:36 am »

Alright. Let's put together a proper vote.

Toony.
Jim.
Max Spin.
Fluffe.
a1s.
Zemaj.
IronyOwl.

Players ranked in terms of activity level:
ToonyMan gets 5/5.
Jim gets 4/5.
Max Spin gets 3/5.
Fluffe gets 1/5.
a1s gets 2/5.
Zemaj gets 4/5.
IronyOwl gets 3/5.

In terms of engagement level:
ToonyMan gets 4/5.
Jim gets 5/5.
Max Spin gets 2/5.
Fluffe gets 1/5.
a1s gets 3/5.
Zemaj gets 4/5.
IronyOwl gets 4/5.

In terms of gutfeel:
ToonyMan gets 3/5.
Jim gets 5/5.
Max Spin gets 2/5.
Fluffe gets 3/5.
a1s gets 1/5.
Zemaj gets 5/5.
IronyOwl gets 2/5.

So to conclude. The scumteam is Maximum Spin and IronyOwl.
Generic Arms Race.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2023, 03:30:47 am »

Well I can't sleep because I'm sick as fuck let's read Auto Mafia...

a1s "I'm the doctor."

YOU DIDN'T NEED TO CLAIM THAT

You weren't under pressure to do so!

Maybe some players suspected you, and honestly I think players that do could possibly be bad dudes. I'm glad this reinforces my top townread of you as a player. I think you're completely obviously town at this point.

ANyWAY

Maybe I can find something to say because I don't think I'm falling asleep. tonight.

The good news is that mafia have to kill a1s now, which sucks for them haha!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2023, 03:32:32 am »

Sigh do we have any counterclaims? Anyone else who claims to be the doctor?
This isn't even a question. If someone counter claims I shit gold and sell it on eBay.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2023, 03:36:51 am »

So to conclude. The scumteam is Maximum Spin and IronyOwl.
What even is this.

Based on your numbers why isn't Fluffe in here? You literally gave them the lowest score of 1 1 3.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15