Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 17170 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2023, 12:09:32 pm »

What even is this.

Based on your numbers why isn't Fluffe in here? You literally gave them the lowest score of 1 1 3.
Sigh, because Fluffe is newless, youless, and clueless.

The vibe is less 'hide hide hide' and more 'new player who doesn't know what to do at all'

Though if he is scum and is hiding behind his newness I'm gonna be a touch irritated when the game ends. Specially since he would have a scum partner to mentor him.
Fluffe can think for themselves.

Why was Fluffe okay, but not a1s? I know you stated Max and Irony as your suspects, but you also didn't agree with me about a1s.

One of the things that bothers me is that both you and zemaj did not think a1s was very town, but players like Jim begrudgingly agreed with me that a1s is probably town. This makes me feel better about Jim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2023, 12:21:24 pm »

I'm in the middle of catching up on what I missed and on a whim checked to see if Fluffe9911 had done anything, and he hasn't.

Still need to catch up but with only a few hours left in the day this lack of action is pretty egregious.

Fluffe9911.

The vibe is less 'hide hide hide' and more 'new player who doesn't know what to do at all'

Though if he is scum and is hiding behind his newness I'm gonna be a touch irritated when the game ends. Specially since he would have a scum partner to mentor him.

Fluffe9911 can be pretty on the ball as he demonstrated in the latter portion of Wormwood Mafia.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Working on a post; might change my opinion once I catch up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2023, 12:23:29 pm »

Feelings
A nice post
Goes away
My feelings
*cough* *cough*
Pass on

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2023, 01:03:07 pm »

<bullshit>

no, I am not playing rehtorical games with you with less than 12 hours left to end of day.  We don't have time.  I get it, and I would typically approve, but too little, too late.  Try that shit when we have more time and I'll verbally fence with you an entire dayphase.

Since I'm going to die in the first day/night anyway, I might as well claim to be The Odd Night Doctor. If not lynched I can promise to save one of you from night-death (if simply by being the Mafia's first target.)

I don't need a read list, because I'm going to sheep Toonyman.

What profoundly, stupendously, unimaginably idiotic play is this?

YOU DIDN'T NEED TO CLAIM THAT
Ahem:
Vote Count
- a1s - [3] Toony, Zemaj, FallacyofUrist
~24 hours remaining
I am so under the hammer (even though there are no hammers) you'd think I was an anvil.

you had 3 votes... then I moved mine, specifically to keep from having any surprise hammer incidents overnight.  YOU WERE UNDER NO STRESS EVEN IF BOTH SCUM TRIED TO TRAIN YOU.  *

It's zemaj and FoU isn't it and I'm just incredibly untrustful of Max and Irony.
I don't know about them but it's really not me, bro.

Jeez, is the game ending today already? It barely feels like it's been three days. I told you this gimmick probably wasn't going to work!

Ehhh, technically, we should probably lynch ToonyMan today because, if he's evil, that's the only way we win, but if he's good we'll probably be able to make it work.

This last bit makes twisted logic, but I'm hesitant to lynch the one guy almost everyone agrees is town.  In a standard game, sure, we get the most info that way and can analyze votes vs. nk, D1 interactions, etc.  Here, we pretty much get the flip and have to move forward from there.  Toony flips town, no one is surprised, vote history is muddled, we just lose a townie and reward the good play with mistrust (that's just mafia...).  Or Toony flips scum, (most?) everyone is shocked, and we are left scrambling trying to figure out who his teammate is.  With as many interactions as Toony has had, I'm not sure I could even start to decipher what is coaching, or distancing, or just scumhunting to blend in.

It's as close to a zero-sum game as I'm willing to get, and I don't like it.

You could convince me by

expressing

Your feelings Max
That's one option.

OR.

I could just keep doing nothing.

Look, I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other. Everybody's read lists looks weak to me and I don't think anyone's trying very hard. When nobody's trying very hard, how am I supposed to interpret anything?
The only thing I can really say is that a1s PROBABLY wouldn't be bold/dumb enough to claim doctor for no good reason as scum. So that's one "town". Sorry, I mean "town".
I'm neutral on Fallacy because everything he says sounds dumb, which is NAI.
I think you're probably town since you seem hopelessly despondent, which is consistent with your town meta. I think you know that though, and sometimes it means you just got a really sucky partner.
Fluffe seems dead, would lynch in any normal game.
I forgot who else was in the game and had to scroll down to look for a list.
Right, Jim, zemaj, IronyOwl. I like IronyOwl. Just, I mean, personally. But nothing he's said in this game has registered at all for me. I guess that's bad. He was right when he said I would approve of killing the people you can't read, though. That's not a contradiction to what I just said; I had to go back and look to remember it. Still, when I actually read what he writes I have to begrudgingly rate him town.
Jim would rather be playing Noita, as usual. I still don't really think he's scum. I feel like as scum he either tries harder OR totally coasts as a gambit like in KJJT, not in the middle. Remembering games where I was scum always reminds me that you are all completely justified in never trusting me, but I still don't like it.
Zemaj did that thing where he said something really dumb to me directly and I just automatically stopped caring, so whatever, non-entity. It's a little hard to describe what I think of his play because the way I presented it before was an intentional oversimplification, but I really think it's bad. I also, separately, think it's dumb, making it bad and dumb. That doesn't mean I have a grudge against it, though. I played it up as annoying for the sake of showing how bad it is but I actually find it mildly funny in a pompous sort of way, like the "a1s is town" thing.

Oh, now Fallacy is being pompous too. It's less funny and more dumb. Lay off the amphetamines a little, okay? Those things will kill you.
No, I get it, sometimes you wake up a little manic and post a bunch of times before you finish thinking, but the point I actually want to make is that your reliance on emotion and your constant "could YOU be the killer trying to confuse me, Fallacy, the hero of mafia, personally?!" paranoia is extremely counterproductive. This is also how I got you lynched pretty much every time you were town. You need to control your worst instincts. Yes, this is mafia, we know, anyone could be evil. Firing wildly into the crowd doesn't help. You didn't even notice that ToonyMan was the first vote on a1s! Even if he's distancing, there was no need for a weird gambit, he could have just organically changed his vote.

Oh, I get a snippet and Toony gets the long-winded spiel... meh, I'll take it.  Thanks for joining the game, anyway.

Is it weird that I strongly agree with the sentiments expressed in this AtE, and yet it pisses me off?  This game has been oddly frustrating like that.  Good to know my comedics D1 entertained someone, even if only barely.

What even is this.

Based on your numbers why isn't Fluffe in here? You literally gave them the lowest score of 1 1 3.
Sigh, because Fluffe is newless, youless, and clueless.

Fluffe can think for themselves.

Why was Fluffe okay, but not a1s? I know you stated Max and Irony as your suspects, but you also didn't agree with me about a1s.

One of the things that bothers me is that both you and zemaj did not think a1s was very town, but players like Jim begrudgingly agreed with me that a1s is probably town. This makes me feel better about Jim.

Just to point out my scum read of a1s is based on a lack of visibility and content... I am in a position to have some insight into most of everyones playstyle by virtue of perusing old games.  Except a1s and Fluffe (also Irony Owl, but there is actual content there).  The two non-posters are the two I have little to no insight into, thus in lack of much else to go on, they are my preferred eliminations.  I shifted a vote to Max to avoid a lol-hammer on a1s and hopefully get Max to open up a little.  That last bit seems to have helped (?) somewhat, in that we finally got more than a one-sentence-blurb.

It's weak, I fully admit that, but it's what I've got.

* metagame BS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2023, 01:10:21 pm »

Feelings
A nice post
Goes away
My feelings
*cough* *cough*
Pass on
I don't know how to interpret this, but my condolences for your apparent death.

Jamez: I don't really want to lynch ToonyMan either, which is why I didn't vote for him. I was just pointing out that there was a sound argument for it.

Jamez: There are no hammers in this game.

Jamez: Demanding things, wheedling, or trying to "pressure" me will never get you what you want. I'm perverse like that. You have to ask in a way I decide pleases me. If you were perusing my old games to see my playstyle you surely noticed this?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2023, 01:13:13 pm »

Oh yeah, also: I honestly just started posting more because I had more attention to pay to the game. It didn't have anything to do with the game's events except for a minor element that more people posting means I had more to talk usefully about.

What's an AtE in this context, anyway?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - (Short, Beginner Friendly). Baking roles...
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2023, 01:14:15 pm »

Vote Count
- Toonyman -
- Jim Groovester
- MaximumSpin - [3] a1s, Zemaj, FallacyofUrist
- FallacyofUrist
- Fluffe9911 - [1] Jim Groovester
- a1s -
- Zemaj - [3] MaximumSpin, Irony Owl, Toony
- Irony Owl
- No Elimination

Not voting: Fluffe9911,

~4.25 hours remaining

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2023, 01:25:57 pm »

Feelings
A nice post
Goes away
My feelings
*cough* *cough*
Pass on
I don't know how to interpret this, but my condolences for your apparent death.

Jamez: I don't really want to lynch ToonyMan either, which is why I didn't vote for him. I was just pointing out that there was a sound argument for it.

Jamez: There are no hammers in this game.

Jamez: Demanding things, wheedling, or trying to "pressure" me will never get you what you want. I'm perverse like that. You have to ask in a way I decide pleases me. If you were perusing my old games to see my playstyle you surely noticed this?

Understood, just was expressing my thoughts on it to the assembly, so everyone can understand my logic and possibly see the sense and nonsense of a thing, or point out the flaw in my logic, when that applies.

Sauce? so I rolled a 1 on my reading comprehension... my bad

Actually, perusing your old games, the best way to get you to respond is to really get under your skin... unfortunately, best ways to achieve this haven't become totally apparent, and seems to vary by gamestate, but I was trying at it.  Incidentally, was it working?

PPE:

that's understandable and makes sense... a simple statement to the effect of having little time might have been a nice touch, but whatevs'

Appeal to Emotion

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2023, 01:31:15 pm »

Actually, perusing your old games, the best way to get you to respond is to really get under your skin... unfortunately, best ways to achieve this haven't become totally apparent, and seems to vary by gamestate, but I was trying at it.  Incidentally, was it working?
No. Only one person in a mafia game ever has, and it made me quit mafia for a long time. I do like pretending to be annoyed or angry, though.

The reason you don't see a consistent approach is because I just answer things when I decide to.
Appeal to Emotion
What is it that you're calling an appeal to emotion? If I ever made one of those, it was by accident. My general opinion on emotions is that you should try not having them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2023, 01:48:10 pm »

Alright. Let's put together a proper vote.

So to conclude. The scumteam is Maximum Spin and IronyOwl.
Then who?

<bullshit>

no, I am not playing rehtorical games with you with less than 12 hours left to end of day.  We don't have time.  I get it, and I would typically approve, but too little, too late.  Try that shit when we have more time and I'll verbally fence with you an entire dayphase.
Alright, I'll just murder you for being dodgy scum instead.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2023, 01:54:00 pm »

So, to reiterate, we kind of need to figure out the game, which is a pretty tall order, because the end of Day 1 is approaching pretty quickly and we need to have it all figured out by then. So, chilling out and not really doing anything isn't going to cut it.
What do you think of the ramifications of scum knowing everyone's list versus town knowing everyone's list?

I mean they're already reading the thread so if they're not totally braindead then they should have a pretty good idea of where everybody stands. Codifying it into a list clarifies it for the scum but also clarifies it for the town, which isn't something to scoff at. A coordinated, high confidence group of town is difficult for the scum team to deal with and often wins games.

... jars in my mind with this bit.  While both may be true, shouldn't some of that suspicion bleed into your POE?  You have the person you say are most dangerous as scum directly above yourself.  I mean, it happens I agree with all of it, so I'm wondering why you aren't more suspicious for that, as I am.

I mean it is a risk but I have to make a judgment somewhere. I can second guess myself and maybe that would work but I don't have any compelling reason to think ToonyMan is scum.

reads

I think this is a good reads list.

Since I'm going to die in the first day/night anyway, I might as well claim to be The Odd Night Doctor. If not lynched I can promise to save one of you from night-death (if simply by being the Mafia's first target.)

I don't need a read list, because I'm going to sheep Toonyman.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Well, this solves your slot at least which was probably more valuable than any protect you could've pulled off.

This is how I'm going to die, arguing with someone on the internet.

zemaj

I don't follow. In the posts I'm catching up with you said you thought he was town.

What changed?

Ehhh, technically, we should probably lynch ToonyMan today because, if he's evil, that's the only way we win, but if he's good we'll probably be able to make it work.

I'm not really a fan of suspecting people because of how dangerous they are and I really wouldn't feel a ToonyMan lynch, but if you've got some sort of proposal, I'm listening.

If we're doing some 'lynch by danger' scheme I think I'd rather start with you honestly.

I think I'm most okay with Fluffe9911 or Maximum Spin for the Day 1 elimination. Not on board with a ToonyMan or FallacyofUrist elimination. Not a fan a zemaj or IronyOwl elimination, but not as strongly opposed compared to a ToonyMan or FallacyofUrist elimination. I believe a1s' claim, and unless somebody like Fluffe9911 bursts through the wall with a doctor counterclaim (I don't think I could believe anybody else) I put a1s at the bottom of my elimination list.

So I think I'm at:

Fluffe9911
Maximum Spin
IronyOwl
zemaj
FallacyofUrist
ToonyMan
a1s
Jim Groovester

Maximum Spin is probably a more informative lynch compared to Fluffe9911 who has done so little that his death doesn't really clarify things one way or the other so I might end up switching to Max.

Thinking about the game, the game could end by the end of Night 2 with two mislynches and two night kills, so to make it to Day 3 there needs to be at least one scum elimination. Do I think there is at least one scum in my top two? For some reason it doesn't fill me with confidence, but trying to think about how I would reorder it to improve my confidence isn't coming up with any measurably better solution. I would feel a lot more confident saying there is at least one scum in my top three so it's too bad the game doesn't have nine players. Not having the benefit of future flips to help solve the game makes this feel pretty difficult.

Probably going to reread the game real quick to see if it offers any insight about potential teams.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2023, 01:59:08 pm »

On the other hand, I really don't want to let Fluffe9911 off the hook for lurking this egregiously. He's barely posted a game related opinion.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2023, 02:10:53 pm »

Yeah I apologize for not doing much In hindsight I probably shouldn't of signed up for this one cause I'm genuinely not good at being useful on the first day. (which is terrible for a game that only really takes place on the 1st day)

I guess to sorta make up for it ill go ahead and share my thoughts

Maximum Spin: Wrote a literal paragraph/rant about all the players def engaged if nothing else very annoyed at Fallacy.
IronyOwl: Playing pretty normally I think responding to questions, asking questions, generally being about a average level of useful.
zemaj: If they are scum it's probably with Fallacy frankly I think out of a scum pair zemaj and Fallacy are the most likely, pretty aggressive.
FallacyofUrist: If they are scum it's probably with Zemaj, also decently aggressive.
ToonyMan: A bit indecisive and quick to change their vote first to vote for a1 although changed it later
a1s: Hasn't really said anything incriminating but hasn't really said anything that useful either... is what I would say if they didn't claim their role
Jim Groovester: Understandably wants to lynch me been pretty active hasn't done anything that id really consider scummy not much else to say.

Personally im gonna vote for Zemaj the Fallacy + Zemaj duo is probably too obvious to be actually right but can't think of any other duos that really stand out right now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2023, 02:14:24 pm »

Maximum Spin: Wrote a literal paragraph/rant about all the players def engaged if nothing else very annoyed at Fallacy.
I mean I appreciate the respect but honestly no. Maybe I exaggerate my reactions too much now that there are all these people who haven't learned I'm not serious.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2023, 02:20:11 pm »

I mean I appreciate the respect but honestly no. Maybe I exaggerate my reactions too much now that there are all these people who haven't learned I'm not serious.
Thats a bit pointless aint it? I mean whats the point in pretending to be annoyed or mad when you actually dont care? That just feels like something to use as a shield whenever your actually annoyed/angry and is gonna lead to boy who cried wolf situations in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15