Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 17173 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2023, 02:21:05 pm »

Man Jim is town. I'm pretty sure he's town. How likely do I think it's exactly zemaj and FoU? It doesn't seem real and makes me look really dumb for townreading both at start of day. Not only do both of them got each other's back, but Jim is still strongly advocating FoU.

If I throw all that to the side then it's two mafia inside Max/Irony/Fluffe, and Max resonates with me the most here even if he could be tricking me. Leaving Fluffe and Irony.

@Fluffe:
So if you flip town it's probably zemaj and FoU? I'm putting both at my top if you flip town today. What about Max/Irony? That's the only thing else that seems possible to me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2023, 02:21:45 pm »

On the other hand, I really don't want to let Fluffe9911 off the hook for lurking this egregiously. He's barely posted a game related opinion.
Wait. I went back to check on this.

Posting to show I exist!
Are you sure you exist? Maybe you're actually secretly a hydra of Org and Dermonster.
I don't know who either of those two people are so that means I must exist!
Well, I can't argue with that. Do you think I'm mafia?
No clue!
Also can't argue with that. Well, I can't yet.

If I asked you the same question in 48 hours from now, do you think you'd have a decent guess?
Unless you self-incriminate yourself on words alone probably not!
Quote from: Jim Groovester
You're leaving a much different impression this game compared to the late game of Wormwood Mafia. In that game you were fucking ready to rumble, but here the feistiness is missing.
Early game Fluffe does not equal late game Fluffe lol.
Fluffe and IronyOwl being together would be...odd.
Alrighty since people want me to actually do more things on the first day than just meme around I guess ill bite why would me and Irony be odd?

Also @Fallacy why ya seem so confident it aint Zemaj? Ya even said he was def town even before he posted anything lol.
Also @Fallacy why ya seem so confident it aint Zemaj? Ya even said he was def town even before he posted anything lol.

I've never seen him before, but this isn't really a meta read. It just looks like he's playing too aggressively to be scum. There's no hesitation at all.

His sense of humor might not be salvageable, though.
Aint playing too aggressively normally a scum sign though?
This is every single post he's had in the game. He's done literally nothing except:

1. Ask why it'd be weird for him to be my scumbuddy
2. Ask if zemaj's aggressiveness is maybe a scumsign

I was giving him a pass for derpiness but this seems pretty exceptional. It actively makes me question killing zemaj, just because the only input Fluffe has had all game is "hey maybe zemaj is guilty after all?"

PPE:
Personally im gonna vote for Zemaj the Fallacy + Zemaj duo is probably too obvious to be actually right but can't think of any other duos that really stand out right now.
I stand corrected! Why is the scumteam zemaj and Fallacy, rather than you and MaximumSpin?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2023, 02:24:22 pm »

@Fluffe:
So if you flip town it's probably zemaj and FoU? I'm putting both at my top if you flip town today. What about Max/Irony? That's the only thing else that seems possible to me.
Probably? I mean I guess it could be Max/Irony but Irony dislikes Max too much right now I feel for that to be a realistic possibility.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2023, 02:25:32 pm »

Thats a bit pointless aint it? I mean whats the point in pretending to be annoyed or mad when you actually dont care? That just feels like something to use as a shield whenever your actually annoyed/angry and is gonna lead to boy who cried wolf situations in the future.
It's not that I don't care. I stand by the advice I gave Fallacy. I just play up the appearance of frustration because it was fun and gave me the opportunity to tease him for being hyper.

Anyway, Toony, I really am completely serious about being okay with being lynched if it wins the game. I normally hate that because I have to wait for the next game, but in this case, it actually just obviates the need for me to do any more work, and I get the same amount of game as anyone else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2023, 02:27:45 pm »

I stand corrected! Why is the scumteam zemaj and Fallacy, rather than you and MaximumSpin?
Aw, Irony, that's mean.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2023, 02:33:46 pm »

All this.
Anddd this is why I hate the 1st day. Just cause I haven't been doing much doesn't mean I don't still form my opinions about things I just don't like sharing them cause news flash its all gut feelings! The only way to get a mafia on the first damn day is if they incriminate themselves on words alone and I believe the average person is smart enough to not do that you can't logic things out you can't look at past actions and deduct based off shown allegiances and words with the bonus of future context to them nopeeee its literally nothing but gut feelings and nothing else good luck!!! I will (probably) NEVER have the proper mindset to be aggressive or properly engaging on the first day outside of answering questions (unless im a mafia or something cause then I can just bullshite my aggression!) I don't know what else to say.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2023, 02:39:36 pm »

All this.
Anddd this is why I hate the 1st day. Just cause I haven't been doing much doesn't mean I don't still form my opinions about things I just don't like sharing them cause news flash its all gut feelings! The only way to get a mafia on the first damn day is if they incriminate themselves on words alone and I believe the average person is smart enough to not do that you can't logic things out you can't look at past actions and deduct based off shown allegiances and words with the bonus of future context to them nopeeee its literally nothing but gut feelings and nothing else good luck!!! I will (probably) NEVER have the proper mindset to be aggressive or properly engaging on the first day outside of answering questions (unless im a mafia or something cause then I can just bullshite my aggression!) I don't know what else to say.
This game has only got one day, so you have to rewire your brain to pretend it's the last day instead. You've got a little under two hours to do it.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2023, 02:39:59 pm »

PPE:
Personally im gonna vote for Zemaj the Fallacy + Zemaj duo is probably too obvious to be actually right but can't think of any other duos that really stand out right now.
Well logically I know im not a mafia since im aware of my role as a player in this game. Since that rules out me and Max from my POV It is my opinion that based off the current vibe that it is unlikely for Max to be scum with you or anyone else since none of you really seem to clash well not a big fan of the feel free to lynch me play he is doing though that doesnt really make any sense to me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2023, 02:51:03 pm »

And of course Fluffe9911 starts showing up and in force as soon as I mock him about it.

Somebody sell me on zemaj. I feel weird not seeing what people are getting at with him and the proposed zemaj/FoU team.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2023, 02:52:20 pm »

not a big fan of the feel free to lynch me play he is doing though that doesnt really make any sense to me.
I've been on the other side of this, seeing people get distracted by someone and realizing that town just needed to get the lynch out of its system so it could see clearly. Last remember this happening in Paranormal, when Jack just went nuts and had to kill Knightwing.

If it's gonna be my turn on the chopping block, at least it's a game where I lose nothing.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2023, 02:56:06 pm »

This game has only got one day, so you have to rewire your brain to pretend it's the last day instead. You've got a little under two hours to do it.
You kinda missed my main point about why I hate day 1 but sure screw it ill give it a shot got nothing to lose I guess.

@Jim Tell me why are you so confident that it can't be Toony and it's unlikely to be Zemaj? They haven't done anything that screams 100% town to me so im not certain of your reasoning

@Max If you were actually a town why would you want to let yourself be lynched? How does you getting lynched help more than someone else getting lynched?

@Irony Tell me if it wasnt me and Max who do you think it would be?

@Toony Why do ya keep changing your votes around so much?

@a1 Ya know revealing your role was a terrible idea right?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2023, 02:58:32 pm »

I've been on the other side of this, seeing people get distracted by someone and realizing that town just needed to get the lynch out of its system so it could see clearly. Last remember this happening in Paranormal, when Jack just went nuts and had to kill Knightwing.

If it's gonna be my turn on the chopping block, at least it's a game where I lose nothing.
I guess that's fair but I don't think you getting lynched would really help the town as much as ya think it would it feels like a misplay to me in this specific game.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2023, 03:03:00 pm »

And of course Fluffe9911 starts showing up and in force as soon as I mock him about it.

Somebody sell me on zemaj. I feel weird not seeing what people are getting at with him and the proposed zemaj/FoU team.
Well it mostly goes back to the start of the first day Zem jokingly says FoU and you are his top scum candidates in a case closed boys meme type way. They joke around for a bit and then Fallacy does a nonserious vote on Zem with the added words of ``He's not scum, I just want to see his reaction.`` all of this feels way too buddy buddy for two town who as far as im aware have never interacted with eachother before. Fallacy simply feels too confident about Zem not being bad that it frankly looks suspicious as hell to me the fact they aint accused eachother at all since does not help my feelings here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2023, 03:04:45 pm »

@Max If you were actually a town why would you want to let yourself be lynched? How does you getting lynched help more than someone else getting lynched?
It would be better to lynch scum, but at least lynching me can lead to a town victory if people become more right and less wrong after seeing they were wrong about me.

On the contrary, if I were scum, why would I want to let myself be lynched? Town is almost always more willing to be lynched than scum. There are exceptions, but generally, there are plenty of town and one player isn't worth as much as everyone else being more informed.

Now, you'll never ever see me espousing this view normally, because I join mafia games to play mafia, not to play one round of mafia and then sit and wait. I hate dying early, and, well, me having fun is more important to me than winning. That's part of why ToonyMan calls me selfish as town. But this specific game is different because of the mechanics. And also I don't really want to have to submit a list.

I guess that's fair but I don't think you getting lynched would really help the town as much as ya think it would it feels like a misplay to me in this specific game.
Oh sure. I'm not convinced it IS my turn on the chopping block. That's why I'm asking people.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2023, 03:07:55 pm »

It's pretty much what Fluffe says. zemaj and FoU show blind support of each other for reasons I do not understand. It's not to say they could both be town, but it bothers me. Plus the stuff with a1s where they both had them as suspicious which I disagreed with.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15