Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 29196 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2023, 05:07:40 pm »

Posting from phone.

Basically from zemaj’s behavior I have a hard time imagining him as scum.

He’s doing the very opposite of hanging back and not engaging, and while his argumentation hasn’t always been the best, I just haven’t seen any scum tells from him. Just incompetence. Same reason I’m not going after Fluffe.

It’s Spin and Owl. That’s my best estimate.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2023, 05:13:34 pm »

Exactly, cop inspects tonight, gets scum (I hope), that influences D2 elimination.  That's how I understand it, anyway.
One is an odd number.

... you are right, and I am even more confused by a1s' play now than ever, which is something.

well, fuck... numbers from earlier hold if you are scum, and noone has made much of a case that doesn't frame me, so I'm hosed, but town wins.  Eat it, scummy.

So you think Fluffe's arguments and thoughts are better than mine?  Really?  You've mentioned being ill, is it a fever?
It's not a fever I think it's a really bad cold. I've had it for the majority of this game so if we lose I blame that. 

I'm kind of deflated from all this sudden turn on me... based on an argument that comes from a lurker focusing on early interactions, that all, somehow I'm not clear on, make me specifically look worse than the other guy.  Sure you eliminate him next.  Great.  IMO, two town gone.  Only thing that makes it palatable is my confidence that Max is one of scum.  So I'm good... that's still 2 shots to get scum, which I think is likely.  Not my favorite outcome, where I live to the end with a win, but a win, which is better than a loss.
I don't think it's a sudden turn I've been pretty adamant of my suspicions if Max is town. Do you see why I think it's odd you rate FoU so highly as town? And that FoU does the same for you? You even pointed out to Jim earlier in this game that they had paranoia about me, but apparently have resigned themselves to their fate and trust that I'm town. I don't see that kind of resolution with you and FoU.

condolences, sorry if that was rude, but I am under some stress here.

I do get it, that's why I'm not trying to fight it.  I've made that argument, and its solid.  I can only point out it somehow only involves me being scum, when I know Fallacy is a better chance for that (and I get that you don't, obviously).  It puts me in an odd spot, and trying to make a case is just passing it to someone I happen to think is town, for reasons stated, much the same reasons you have for the same read.  That is only helpful to me, not town.  I'd like to help me, but if me then Fallacy are going to be next after Max, and that still leaves time for cop to do something to influence that, I'm oddly at ease.  I don't like it, but I'm not going to fight it and distract from anything good that may happen at day end.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2023, 05:14:58 pm »

You missed out on the shipping name: Max Irony

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2023, 05:19:28 pm »

Posting from phone.

He’s doing the very opposite of hanging back and not engaging, and while his argumentation hasn’t always been the best, I just haven’t seen any scum tells from him. Just incompetence. Same reason I’m not going after Fluffe.

This seems too obvious for a FoU+zemaj scumteam, but then again I don't have a good explanation for voting Jim and keeping your vote on Jim while the rest of us lynch your top scumpick.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2023, 05:21:17 pm »

@FoU:
Why would Irony bus Max here? A lot of players would still have Irony as a top3 pick even if Max flipped mafia. I don't think that's a winning move.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2023, 05:23:43 pm »

Posting from phone.

This seems too obvious for a FoU+zemaj scumteam, but then again I don't have a good explanation for voting Jim and keeping your vote on Jim while the rest of us lynch your top scumpick.

?

a1s is voting me, not FallacyofUrist. He's voting Maximum Spin.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2023, 05:25:41 pm »

I hope the two vote pillars of Max and zemaj means one of them is mafia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2023, 05:27:01 pm »

At least I am freed from this hell.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2023, 05:27:54 pm »

?

a1s is voting me, not FallacyofUrist. He's voting Maximum Spin.
Derp, got them confused.

I still don't understand what FoU has been doing, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2023, 05:31:26 pm »

A lot of players would still have Irony as a top3 pick even if Max flipped mafia.
Which is weird, because I don't think anyone has an actual case against me. I've apparently just floated to the lower top of a lot of lists due to gut feelings or lack of suspects elsewhere.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2023, 05:46:31 pm »

FINAL D1 VOTES

Toonyman -
- Jim Groovester-  [1] a1s
- MaximumSpin - [4] , Zemaj, FallacyofUrist, Irony Owl, Jim Groovester
- FallacyofUrist
- Fluffe9911
- a1s -
- Zemaj - [3] MaximumSpin,  Toony, Fluffe9911
- Irony Owl
- No Elimination

MaximimSpin was eliminated, flipping Vanilla Town

It is now Night One, send me your lists for the rest of the game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Night One Has Begun!
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2023, 08:31:33 am »

Reminder for those outstanding: the sooner you submit lists, the sooner I can process the rest of the game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Night One Has Begun!
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2023, 01:15:40 pm »

N1: A1s is killed. A1s was the Town Doctor
D2: Fallacy is voted out. Fallacy was Vanilla Town.
N2: Fluffe is killed. Fluffe was the Town Cop

Mafia Team are equal to town, Mafia win!

The mafia team were Zemaj and Jim Groovester

Spoiler: Complete Workings Out (click to show/hide)

Scum Chat

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!
« Reply #208 on: April 01, 2023, 01:20:36 pm »

zemaj was obvscum early doors, did not suspect Jim at all. Thought it was FoU after his weird pivot in the middle of the day, and after that I probably would have went after the lurkers… who were the PRs.

Mafia did quite well NK’ing both power roles on their working nights though.

I think the setup is a good practice area for D1 play, but it does require good activity from everyone to actually work as a game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2023, 01:24:41 pm »

zemaj was obvscum early doors, did not suspect Jim at all. Thought it was FoU after his weird pivot in the middle of the day, and after that I probably would have went after the lurkers… who were the PRs.
A hyperactive FoU is a town FoU, that's why I yelled at him.

Nobody understood this, as usual. :P
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15