Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When is information comitted to memory in Adventurer Mode?  (Read 405 times)

SludgeMcUrist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
When is information comitted to memory in Adventurer Mode?
« on: March 24, 2023, 04:44:37 pm »

I started an adventure in a bat man hamlet being raided by some other human civilization over the treatment of animals, rescued a few people including a chieftain named Luthi Springcounselled. I asked Luthi where I needed to go to drop her off, and she mentioned that she had an eldest daughter (Dem Kingages) in a town named Tundraglimmers. We're in Tundraglimmers right now, but this place is massive. There's a very low chance that I'll stumble into Dem by accident), but I can't really ask Luthi about where she is or find out any important details that might help me figure it out because Dem hasn't been registered in my memory (doesn't show up in the 'Q' Log's list for People or the "Ask for directions"/"Ask about somebody" menus). Is there anything else I can do to narrow the search down? I've heard body swapping is a thing, so I might be able to play as Luthi and search her memory directly, but I don't really understand how to do any of that. Using version 47.05 with DFHack, btw.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: When is information comitted to memory in Adventurer Mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 06:03:57 pm »

Not much you can do in this case. Folks aren't added to your "People" list until you've either met them, or heard about them in very specific circumstances -- as a guide, as someone searching for an artifact, or as someone holding an artifact... possibly a few others I'm forgetting. But you can't ask about just any name you've heard, unfortunately.

In terms of actually finding someone in the town: try the taverns, castle, temples, libraries, guildhalls/counting houses, towers -- any named location, really. That's where most of the historical figures hang out, so I'd check those first.

I believe you can drop off refugees at any of their family member's locations, not just the one they mention to you. So you could ask Luthi about her family and get a list of other names and places to try (or use Legends Viewer or something to track them down).
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)