Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 39348 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1290 on: April 27, 2023, 07:50:17 pm »

Let's break it down:
ACC is obvtown.
I know Jim and I are town.
Egan is essentially conftown.
Toony can't reasonably be paired with anyone and is acting like town.
Fluffe can't reasonably be paired with anyone (only one defending him is me.)
NQT and juicebox can easily be paired together, and have been batting for each other pretty consistently with just the right amount of distancing. Now NQT's done this redaction which prevents any counter-evidence from coming out, and has been using it to cover for juicebox and pick the weakest target to vote out.

In fairness to them, this game became very hard for scum to win very quickly. And NQT has incredibly bad luck.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 27, 2023, 07:55:20 pm »

I don't understand why Fluffe can't be mafia still. Isn't it a thunderdome between Fluffe and NQT?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 27, 2023, 08:02:35 pm »

I don't understand why Fluffe can't be mafia still. Isn't it a thunderdome between Fluffe and NQT?
It's not that he can't, it's that I don't see who he could be paired with at all.
Fluffe/juicebox doesn't make sense for two reasons: juicebox just voted him, and I don't think either of them could have framed you.
Fluffe/notquitethere doesn't make sense for the reason you just said, notquitethere went right for him.
I don't see Fluffe/you either for similar reasons.

Still, I take your point insofar as I should vote for notquitethere first. I was just thinking about voting juicebox earlier so I kind of went for that first because it felt natural to me, but notquitethere is the one I'm worried about more by a lot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 27, 2023, 08:22:46 pm »

Toony quickly presses backspace on their keyboard repeatedly

O-oh, y-yeah, that b-big post? It's been delayed. Maybe tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 27, 2023, 08:25:35 pm »

O-oh, y-yeah, that b-big post? It's been delayed. Maybe tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow.
I honestly think I have scum fully PoEd now but it's okay, I'll wait for you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 27, 2023, 08:29:13 pm »

I think I've seen all the tells I'd want at this point so I'll claim the third and final thing I did last night: I unlocked Mikey and bussed myself with Knightwing. Why Knightwing? Well, it's something I'll probably have to explain in the future. Now I have two turtles. Two more to go.

Mafia know I dodged their kill, and I refrained from claiming because I wanted to see players post a bit. In my opinion Max and Jim look quite clueless about what is going on, because they're examining between all players that could be scum. NQT seems pretty clueless as well, but who can say. Juicebox I don't really see anything either way. However, Fluffe is at my throat. Maybe it's because I called him always scum, but I think deep down he knows I gave him the slip. That's my impression. Who's he with though? Fluffe/NQT seems odd so it's probably Fluffe/Juicebox.

Can you drop a few more hints about what the ability is so that A_Curious_Cat can positively identify it? Because it costing 2 AP could be a lucky guess maybe.

Any other stunning revelations people want to add before we're as informed as we're going to get before making a decision?

WHEN BIG POST
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 27, 2023, 08:35:10 pm »

By the way, Toony, if we're right, I think you bus juicebox with whoever you think is most likely to get killed.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 27, 2023, 09:23:13 pm »

At this point, I think that Fluffe is one of the more likely candidates for scum. They've been low activity all game, and while some of that can be attributed to newness, I think that they've been trying to lay low to avoid attracting attention. They also haven't been as forthright with their night actions. They're the only one who didn't claim anything they did on N1. I could easily see them being partners with Toony or NQT.
I did claim what I did N1 you just missed it.
I didnt really see the point in claiming an action, all I did last night is use an action that lets me commute so I dont get murdered during the night I aint got any actual useful information to give.

Mafia know I dodged their kill, and I refrained from claiming because I wanted to see players post a bit. In my opinion Max and Jim look quite clueless about what is going on, because they're examining between all players that could be scum. NQT seems pretty clueless as well, but who can say. Juicebox I don't really see anything either way. However, Fluffe is at my throat. Maybe it's because I called him always scum, but I think deep down he knows I gave him the slip. That's my impression. Who's he with though? Fluffe/NQT seems odd so it's probably Fluffe/Juicebox.
As its already been established this makes 0 sense I tried to hide under a pot last night I am going after you because of the inspect shenanigans day 2 and because YOU AND JUICEBOX ARE THE ONLY TWO REALISTIC OPTIONS (in my mind atleast) granted maybe im being a moron and missing some very obvious context/clues cause ill admit with exams coming up I have been more distracted with school than focusing on mafia game shenaniganry buttttt If its not you and juicebox then that means its NQT and juicebox and that simply does not make as much sense to me as it being you and him instead again if you have any evidence that proves 100% that it cant be you and him that I missed please show it so I can feel like a idiot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 27, 2023, 10:42:55 pm »

Can you drop a few more hints about what the ability is so that A_Curious_Cat can positively identify it? Because it costing 2 AP could be a lucky guess maybe.
It's just a one-shot action I can use at night. The 2 AP cost is the only way I can really prove I have it besides listing the description verbatim. Or you know, nobody else claiming they have it. But I don't think anybody will.

Any other stunning revelations people want to add before we're as informed as we're going to get before making a decision?
JIM MAD

WHEN BIG POST
When I finish it.

As its already been established this makes 0 sense I tried to hide under a pot last night I am going after you because of the inspect shenanigans day 2 and because YOU AND JUICEBOX ARE THE ONLY TWO REALISTIC OPTIONS (in my mind atleast) granted maybe im being a moron and missing some very obvious context/clues cause ill admit with exams coming up I have been more distracted with school than focusing on mafia game shenaniganry buttttt If its not you and juicebox then that means its NQT and juicebox and that simply does not make as much sense to me as it being you and him instead again if you have any evidence that proves 100% that it cant be you and him that I missed please show it so I can feel like a idiot.
Oh Fluffe Fluffe, sweet scummy Fluffe. I can't be mafia. Doesn't that make you angry? Poof, outplayed doge dog.

So which one of you framed me, you or NQT?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 27, 2023, 10:53:44 pm »

Oh Fluffe Fluffe, sweet scummy Fluffe. I can't be mafia. Doesn't that make you angry? Poof, outplayed doge dog.

So which one of you framed me, you or NQT?
No not at all infact if you could prove your not mafia that would make my overall stress about this be way less.

Im incapable of framing anyone so not me. Also I already said what my actions are and I'm not even one of the guys who originally accused you of being mafia think Toony think!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 27, 2023, 11:42:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Fluffe9911  --2-- notquitethere*, juicebox*,
-> ToonyMan    --2-- Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911*,
notquitethere  --1-- Maximum Spin*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --3-- A_Curious_Cat, Jim Groovester, ToonyMan*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on April 28, 2023 at 22:00 Central Daylight Time (22 hours and 13 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, all forces opposing Town choose the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 28, 2023, 12:18:24 am »

Did anyone receive a 1-shot Watch last night?
I did. It cost 2AP right?

It's just a one-shot action I can use at night. The 2 AP cost is the only way I can really prove I have it besides listing the description verbatim. Or you know, nobody else claiming they have it. But I don't think anybody will.

Y'know... I'm not even sure what it does!  Let me ask wuba...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 28, 2023, 12:27:09 am »

Did anyone receive a 1-shot Watch last night?
I did. It cost 2AP right?

Y'know... I'm not even sure what it does!  Let me ask wuba...

I just asked wuba to clarify what "Watch" does in PMs to me and whoever ended up with the one I sent Knightwing64.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 28, 2023, 05:04:37 am »

I feel like notquitethere keeps refusing to think in terms of teams, which is pretty scummy to me. His arguments imply a Toony/Fluffe team, but how does that work? He hasn't actually said it and has made no move toward defending it.
You're right I haven't thought much in terms of teams. I'm keeping an open mind about possibilities as I know from bitter experience how wrong things go when you run off on shaky assumptions. We only know there might be two teams based on 1. Lenglon (actual verified scum) and 2. Jim's guess about the theme of the game being 2x2x2x2.

I agree it's mostly this, but we don't know for certain. Also, I simply haven't done the work to look back and try to divine player relations based on votes etc. There's been too much night stuff and day game to work through. More thoughts:

1. There isn't yet proof of a frame-artist, but if anyone was framed I can believe it was Toony. His latest bus claim changes things though (would scum take out town!Toon?).
2. Why did Toony bus with KW, the player who can speak with the dead, a player Toony was apparently convinced was town on D2? Makes little sense from a town perspective! He says he'll explain later. Hmm.

Anyway having thought about what is known. Max has already figured some of this out but I best be straight:

I might have something interesting to say later but for [REDACTED] reasons, maybe not. I'm waiting on a message from the mod, who is also probably asleep.

OK I've had word back from the Web. Some facts I need you to know:

1. Part of my role gives mod info which, as such, I can neither confirm nor deny. It'll be obvious exactly what, if scum kill me as you'll be able to see what I mean by the flip.
2. My role is Inspector Poirot:

Little Grey Cells: [My deductive powers are so great, I cannot be tricked by ordinary powers - including this global redaction. "Super" powers could trick me. As such, I was able to get info last night]

“I expect you’re wondering why I gathered you all here today” : [I can open investigations on multiple people-- the investigations do different things as you might imagine]

“Trust Hercule Poirot. He knows.”: [Until the denouement (in this case, my role-flip), I can't full claim everything, including some of the specifics about how my role works. If I die, you'll all see what I mean. I was hoping to be killed and then talk through Knightwing once people had the advantage of seeing my flip. Also, note on D1, I never said I tracked Toony, he just inferred it from me knowing he targeted me. I can neither confirm nor deny that that's what I did.]

I'm still working out all the details as things aren't all adding up.

- Fluffe9911 was targeted by A_Curious_Cat, Maximum Spin, and ToonyMan. This matches with the claims except one or more of these four players has omitted some actions. There is scum within this pool.
- A_Curious_Cat and juicebox performed Actions on me. Juicebox has not claimed this. I had good reason to move to think Juice was town were it not for this discrepancy.
- Toony is probably lying about tracking Fluffe
- Fluffe targeted someone else, though I suppose it's not impossible it was due to hypnotism

We know that conversion is a danger in this game, with the masons being highest targets for conversion, so another possibility is that someone like Max is working with a scum team-- perhaps with Fluffe and the action theft was a lie to cover the real action -- or perhaps with Toony, stripping Fluffe of the commute so he could be hypnotised... Still, that possibility is not the most salient danger right now.

Toony, we know you've lied before, and I know you're lying again now. What did you really do with all your turtles?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 28, 2023, 05:12:38 am »

Jim... you said you got [REDACTED] from looking at Curious Cat... what were you hoping to find out?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 92