Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Me and Rocktired.  (Read 427 times)

Gonubax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Me and Rocktired.
« on: April 02, 2023, 11:22:15 am »

This is a copper-bound codex. The written portion consists of a chronicle entitled Me and Rocktired, authored by Gonubax. It concerns the metropolis Rocktired. The first chapter concerns the attack on the village Rocktired by the Plains Titan Tise Junglewasps. The writing has a hint of viciousness in it yet bubbles over with cheerfulness. Overall the chronicle is amateurish at best.

...yep. That's for the obligatory meta joke. Now, if you're still reading this for some reason, you might be interested in how Tise just got obliterated then. Lemme tell you how it happened then.

My dwarves were minding their own business, right? Digging deeper, trying not to fall in the aquatic cave- everyone knows how it goes. And out of nowhere, Tise Junglewasps, a Titan made out of Amber waddles in, on it's way to ruin my day. Yep, you did read right, AMBER. The same thing that some pesky noble would irrationally scream for : an unobtainable item. My dwarves didn't have any sort of armor, weaponry or combat training in any sort of way. Fortunately for them, Tise was as tough as a wet, tattered mitten only few dabbling elf clothiers would make. So they all swarmed the amber Titan, bare hands, and started punching and kicking it to death. It didn't last 5 seconds. While the dwarves were going home, I got a wonderful idea : "How about I add insult to injury to that stupid Titan and proudly display it's carcass, in a temple dedicated to a god of death and suicide?" I told to myself. And so I did. It's still there by the way, even after 8 in-game years. It didn't rot either, somehow. I have no idea how on Armok did the RNG decided to make an Amber Titan. I got a few stories remaining, though not as impressive (except for a lidless chicken with mandibles), so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 11:24:23 am by Gonubax »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Me and Rocktired.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 05:08:15 pm »

i was inspired to generate an image of your beastly quarry

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and variation

have you tried selling the corpse, just to see the value?

Gonubax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Me and Rocktired.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 03:47:17 am »

i was inspired to generate an image of your beastly quarry

and variation

It doesn't look like that, though I must say it looks mighty fine.

That is it's actual description.

have you tried selling the corpse, just to see the value?
I checked the corpse's value, it's not even worth one plump helmet. It's a shame, really.

Edit : I thought of something : Ever heard of the Queen Slime in Terraria? I think Tise's a Dwarf Fortress, amber version of that boss. Terraria modders behold : another completely original boss concept, the "Baron Slime"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 03:52:38 am by Gonubax »