Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Apparently, dwarves like sunlight after all...

(1/3) > >>

Xotes:
Ever try using the weather command in adventure mode in a fortress? I got a nice surprise with this message. "You peer through the great windows carved through the mountain top. You cannot see the sky clearly from here, but the available sunlight indicates the day."I found it to be a nice surprise, at least.

Dreamer:
Nice find!I've always imagined the dwarves having specially designed vents and windows that lead upwards.  They designed in such a way that water won't pour down into the poor guys' homes, of course.  Except the nobles.  They deserve it."Eh, yeah.  Indoor plumbing, sir.  Take a shower when you please."

Baneslave:
quote:Originally posted by Dreamer:
<STRONG>
"Eh, yeah.  Indoor plumbing, sir.  Take a shower when you please."</STRONG>Nah, noble should always take cold shower before (s)he makes on of those ridicudously (sp?) stupid mandates.[ October 12, 2007: Message edited by: Baneslave ]

Baneslave:
Double post! Delete, please.[ October 12, 2007: Message edited by: Baneslave ]

Name Lips:
Remember in Lord of the Rings, when there's a shaft of sunlight that precisely pierces the huge room with columns, and then hits a little window on Balin's tomb and comes down in a precise beam to illuminate his sarcophagus? That's dwarven engineering for you! I wish we could make lighting effects with DF, but it would be maddening to set up something like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version