Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Finding an Old Fortress

(1/2) > >>

Leonidas:
My human hammerer is nigh unstoppable now, so I'm ready for him to visit my old fortresses, especially my last one.  But how do I find it?  I've wandered around for a while, asking about surroundings.  And while in fortress mode I wrote down all the names of the nearby civilizations.  But the world map is huge, and it seems like it'll take forever, especially if I charge off in the wrong direction and have to circle back.

Fleeb:
Really the only way is to mark the location when you start the fortress. It's hard to rely on blind luck to stumble upon it on a map this size. When I start a fortress I figure out exactly where on the world map it is before embarking. This can be quite a challenge in itself.

Pacho:
Asking around is how I usually find them.  After someone tells me about the fortress (or if you're not paying attention to what they say) I go to the map and look for the fortress in the list (mind you this isn't the world map you use to travel I'm looking at, just the actual map your adventurer carries.).  Then I just follow the green path as well as I can.

mcnmac:
Does anyone know if the newer version will have the ability to easily mark the fortress location on the world map?

Aquillion:
Choose 'start now' and you'll start at one of your fortresses.  Then wander around a bit and discover nearby important locations.  Later on, you can use those to find your way back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version